03.07.09

Social Events Of The Week

Escada Spring 2010 Presentation Berlin Fashion Week, Germany

Diane Kruger was back in her native country to attend the Escada Spring 2010 presentation.

The back drop and red carpet were both pink but in her stunning pink dress with a gathered detail on the hip, Diane still stands out.

Her dress was paired with nude strappy sandals and a silver clutch for an utterly feminine look.

Anja Gockel Spring 2010 Presentation Berlin Fashion Week, Germany

Earlier in the day Diane attended the Anja Gockel Spring 2010 presentation.

The actress dressed super causal but still managed to look incredibly chic mixing boho with utilitarian chic wearing a simple ivory crochet top with khaki cargo shorts.

Who would have thought cargo shorts could looks so sexy?

Tan sandals and a matching satchel complete the look.

Henley-on-Thames Royal Regatta, Oxfordshire

Regular readers will know I’m not a fan of Daisy Lowe and her “model” status, but I must admit I do like this cute look.

We’ve seen many white dresses on the red carpet during this summer season, so it’s no surprise Daisy’s picked this Christopher Kane scallop edge dress for this event.

She predictably gives her look an edgy with a leopard-print coat, plus a playful straw hat, oversized shades and nude Mary-Janes.

Naven And Boulee Fashion Event, LA

I adore Khloe Kardashian’s Naven skinny mini skirt. Mostly because of the colour, but also because of the way it gives her such a tiny defined waist.

She wears her skirt with a Boulee Resort 2009 bustier and Giuseppe Zanotti open-toe booties.

This has to be one of Khloe’s best looks.

10 Years Younger Live Photocall, London

Myleene Klass is back from the jungle where she was presenting the US version of “I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.”

The presenter seems to have had some free time to sunbathe, as she is glowing with her golden tan which has brought out cut freckles on her nose.

Her tan is executed more wearing this green satin Banana Republic dress with a black patent belt.  Trib Two’s and a large silver flower ring complete the look.

BOSS Orange Spring 2010 Presentation – Berlin Fashion Week, Germany

Like Diane, Sienna Miller dressed to attend this show, but she is looks quite elegant plus she’s has a dewy natural glow.

I don’t think I have ever she her hair look so straight. She normally always has that just got out of bed scruffy look going on.

She wore pegged jeans and navy top teamed with super-cute grey heels.  The look just oozes easy breezy summer chic.

Variety Club Children’s Charity Party, London

We didn’t see Rachel Stevens on the red carpet for years, now she seems to be at every London event.

These Preen Power bandage dresses don’t seem to go out of style. They’ve been created in every colour under that rainbow and they’re still going strong.

Rachel paired her grey dress with a sleek black clutch and blue peep-toe shoe-boots.

“The Proposal” Germany Premiere

Sandra Bullock wore a loose taupe Halston wrap dress with an asymmetrical hem. Her dress is paired with a brown studded belt and Christian Louboutin ankle boots.

Not my favourite of all her looks as I wish to see a more vibrant colour on her.

Versace & Whitney Art Party with Starlight Foundation, New York

Donatella Versace attended this event wearing a black sheath dress with a aqua swoosh going across the bodice.

At first I thought it was a Jil Sander Fall 2009 dress, but Donatella surely only wears what she creates so I would guess she has taken a leaf out of Stella McCartney’s book and maybe giving us a preview for her upcoming collections.

We’ll have to wait and see.

Credit: Naven.net, Style.com, Fame Pictures & Wireimage

In Rachel Stevens' Closet - Preen Power Bandage Dress

In Rachel Stevens’ Closet – Preen Power Bandage Dress

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

14 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Kel July 3, 2009 at 18:59 #

Diane – what can I say? That girl can do no wrong.

I’m not really a fan of Sandra’s look either, but it’s more because her dress looks like it’s overwhelming her.

2. mol July 3, 2009 at 19:01 #

Sienna is perfect here; Christoper Kane’s dress, yes, Daisy Lowe in it, no; and Dianne Kruger gets a big thumbs up from me for both these looks.

3. Gaber July 3, 2009 at 21:00 #

If that’s one of Khloe’s best looks – I dread her worst! ;)
    But seriously, the reason why I am hating her outfit is because she went overboard and made it into something that even hookers would be ashamed to wear. The model version works because of the mix of a bold short skirt with a good-girl top, toning down what would otherwise be a Slutty McSlut outfit.
    Khloe didn’t get that memo – she just wanted to show off her legs and boobs.
    It’s simply trashy.

I am also not loving Diane. The pink dress is just a shapeless mess and don’t get me started on the second outfit.

I will give my love to Donatella (although what the shoes are doing to her feet is just scary!) and Myleene. Really cute!

4. LolaSvelt July 3, 2009 at 21:06 #

Sienna looks adorable here, but her outfit doesn’t interest me.

Sandy’s outfit would’ve looked great if it weren’t for the matchy-matchy shoes.

5. Gasp July 3, 2009 at 21:33 #

I think Sienna bag is Louis Vuitton by Sophia Coppola (in dark grey suede)..!! Love it!

6. zoe July 4, 2009 at 00:43 #

i am so loving diane kruger right now.
    gone is that horrible school marm hairstyle. i can now truly, without distraction, fully appreciate her style savvy and natural beauty.

7. Jillian July 4, 2009 at 01:28 #

I have to know the name of the company you used to design this site!? It’s absoutly beautifutl!

• Fashion Critic July 4, 2009 at 07:30 #

this kind of question should really be emailed

8. GRAHAM July 4, 2009 at 09:11 #

I do so like Myleene Klass and Rachel Stevens in their dress. Both are very attractive young lady’s.

9. SydneyCheapChic July 4, 2009 at 09:32 #

Am i the only one that isn’t impressed by Diane in the pink escada?? It’s shapeless and just looks like she accidentally tucked her dress into her undies after a visit to the toilet

• T July 4, 2009 at 11:32 #

I also don’t like it at all. Even if the bottom weren’t so awkward, the top half is not flattering either.

• Ally July 5, 2009 at 17:29 #

I totally cosign on that. That pink dress is just not working.

10. Dana July 4, 2009 at 17:22 #

Phew! I thought I was the only one that was underwhelmed by diane kruger’s pink dress. I don’t like it at all! Everything looks slightly messy, and unlike her. The second outfit is effortlessly, cool chic. Love it!

Myleene and Sienna are my faves. Sienna is so simple, but so cool.

Have a great weekened all!

11. SarahV July 5, 2009 at 17:41 #

Khloe shouldn’t have worn a shiny/sparkly top with that skirt, it’s too over-the-top for my liking. A little tacky, even.. I think she’s looked better in the past.

Sienna looks so fresh and beautiful! I adore how natural her skin looks, it’s like she’s not wearing any make-up at all!

Donatella looks stylish as ever, I guess that just comes natural to her, since she’s so consistent..

Daisy, Sandra and Diane’s pink dress: blah!