Runway To “Causa Y Efecto” Video – Paulina Rubio In Balmain

Mexican singer Paulina Rubio has received many Billboard Latin Music Awards and has sold over 20 million albums worldwide. She is known as “The Golden Girl”, “La Chica Dorada”, and “Queen Of Latin Pop.”

Currently she’s releasing a new album after a 2 year break called “Gran City Pop” with the first single called “Causa y Efecto”.

Iona from Barcelona brought to my attention that sexy singer wore my favourite Balmain Fall 2009 one-sleeved blue sequined dress in the “Causa y Efecto” video, with a matching pair of blue sunglasses.

The video is not what I would expect from a Latin video, as it very much has a rock element with the band and Paulina’s rock chick attitude as she strums on a guitar.

Love it.

This stunning dress is available to pre-order from Luisa via Roma for an eye-popping €10,773.

Credit: Style.com & Iona

David & Victoria Beckham For Giorgio Armani Fall 2009

David & Victoria Beckham For Giorgio Armani Fall 2009

In Lourdes Leon's Closet - Topshop

In Lourdes Leon’s Closet – Topshop

14 Responses to Runway To “Causa Y Efecto” Video – Paulina Rubio In Balmain

1. Jules O'Connell July 2, 2009 at 19:39 #

wow – she owns it imo
    the hair, the face was a bit sjp for the first glance at the pic
    it would look good on sjp and of course miss fox
    btw do you agree that diane is wearing a H&M clutch at the escada celebration?

• Fashion Critic July 2, 2009 at 19:55 #

I didn’t know it was H&M. Surprising. I will have to search for a picture of the dress.

I knew it wasn’t escada as I look through every collection,

Thanks

• vee September 20, 2009 at 05:45 #

i want those sunglasses!!!! where are they from? i want them so bad!!!!

2. Denice -Fashion InSight July 2, 2009 at 21:31 #

Jules, we think alike… I think SJP when i see this dress! Paulina has that kind of attitude where she definately owns the dress. She’s a bit funky so she will wear pieces that others won’t/can’t.

3. jess July 2, 2009 at 23:20 #

looks like they spent most of the video budget on her dress! she’s beautiful and wears the dress well though

4. iona July 3, 2009 at 00:30 #

thks for posting!!

this is my nº1 website every time i log on my mac :)

btw, thks for all the learning i’ve done vout trends and designers with ur blog!

xoxo

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2009 at 08:54 #

thank you for the information. I wouldn’t have know otherwise :)

5. Boeshane July 3, 2009 at 00:33 #

I love this dress. This singer looks beautiful.

Hum, did you saw Marion Cotillard at the “Public Enemies” Paris premiere ? I can’t find what’s the brand of her dress. She is absolutly STUNNING !

• Jules O'Connell July 3, 2009 at 12:20 #

psst – it’s Galliano ;)
      is this just me going crazy right now
      or is Marion one of those blessed women who look good in ANY color
      or is she always wearing HER shade

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2009 at 12:23 #

You have commented on the wrong post. This is a post about Paulina Rubio

Please keep comments on topic

6. Medicineworld July 3, 2009 at 07:34 #

I love this dress. I love your blog!

7. loletta July 3, 2009 at 11:55 #

Paulina or Pau she´s a crack !!
    not very tall but she doesn´t need it , she wears the clothes perfectly , anything she wears creates fashion , she´s fun !!

8. Bella July 3, 2009 at 20:16 #

Love the dress!
    I think Lady Gaga is wearing it in the new V magazine.

• Gasp July 8, 2009 at 18:35 #

Why these two have the possibilit to wear one the most stunning dress of next season?? With all the respect to the their both music successes, but they don’t deserve it at all!! I’d love to see this amazing piece worn by someone who doesn’t make it look “customized”, someone who can actually rock it!!