01.07.09

Kanye West For Louis Vuitton Sneakers

You may remember last season that Kanye West turned up to nearly every runway show – even if he wasn’t invited – as he tried to forge himself a place in fashion.

Well it looks like all the persistent paid off because Kanye and Louis Vuitton collaborated to create these high top sneakers.

The sneakers are named The Dons, The Jaspers, and Mr. Hudson after people belonging to Kanye’s entourage. Kanye talks about the collaboration in with Louis Vuitton with ILOVELV.

These sneakers went on sale in the UK on Monday, but don’t assume you can walk in a buy a pair of these sneakers for £545 and upwards. Harrods have a waiting list which started 2 months ago.

They go on sale in the US today.

I’m not really into sneakers any more – I used to collect them during my hip-hop phase – but I really like these, as much as it pains me to admit.

[nggallery id=100]

Credit: Louis Vuitton

Miley Cyrus In Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 2014 MTV Video Music Awards #VMA

Miley Cyrus In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2014 MTV Video Music Awards #VMA

In Dita von Teese's Closet - D&G Printed Dress

In Dita von Teese’s Closet – D&G Printed Dress

11 Responses to Kanye West For Louis Vuitton Sneakers

1. Alana Victoria July 1, 2009 at 13:00 #

You had a hip hop phase?
    I thought you were born in a gown and 4 inch heels :P
    These are very cool sneakers, not sure they’d have a place in my wardrobe however….. x

• Fashion Critic July 1, 2009 at 13:03 #

LOL. My brothers influence.

2. robbie July 1, 2009 at 18:44 #

£545 for a pair of sneakers? what makes these ugly looking thing so special? just cause kanye west helped with them, personally i would rather throw them at him.

cant stand that arrogant twat. im also fed up of marc jacobs!!!!!

3. Matthew July 1, 2009 at 22:29 #

I find it hard picturing you in hip hop clothes, LOL. Anyway, the sneakers are nothing special. It;s overpriced in my opinion.

• Fashion Critic July 1, 2009 at 22:31 #

LOL. I was so tall as a kid and older men were always hitting on me so I hid behind a tomboy image that’s were the sneakers etc came in.

4. zoe July 2, 2009 at 01:03 #

dang! i love that video you posted in the entry. say you will by kanye west is one of my favorite songs, and it made me love the sneakers. now i think they are so cute. but..i still won’t buy them though. i had a converse phase, now i don’t wear them as much but i still like them.

5. Jesmi July 2, 2009 at 09:59 #

All you people talking about price, price, price have no business looking at these kicks. Leave it to those who “budget” or “afford” is not in their vocabulary.

6. Ahot July 2, 2009 at 11:01 #

wow. they really try to make money with everything. The risk is it might make the Brand LV cheap and trashy.

7. whitestroke July 2, 2009 at 16:33 #

I love sneakers, I wear them even with my girly outfits, but naaah… none of these appeal to me. Not my thing, I guess. I’m more of an indie rock type. I wear Converse and Vans.

8. Joe December 1, 2009 at 20:47 #

Kanye is the best, real corporate!!