30.06.09 Advertising

More Madonna For Louis Vuitton Fall 2009

Here are a second set of pictures from Louis Vuitton’s Fall 2009 campaign featuring a very over photoshopped Madonna.

She’s still wearing those infamous Bunny Ears, but poses in a variety of dresses and an array of stunning bags.

The campaign is set to be featured in August fashion magazines.

I’m not liking this campaign at all. What do you think of these newer pictures?

[nggallery id=98]

Credit: Images via Absolument Madonna

Zoey Deutch In Christian Dior - 'Vampire Academy' Sydney Premiere

Zoey Deutch In Christian Dior – ‘Vampire Academy’ Sydney Premiere

Runway To Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - Cameron Diaz In Louis Vuitton

Runway To Late Night With Jimmy Fallon – Cameron Diaz In Louis Vuitton

19 Responses to More Madonna For Louis Vuitton Fall 2009

1. Marianna June 30, 2009 at 13:04 #

FC, I imagine that it’s meant to be this false-like-a-doll face because there’s no explanation for this Bunny Ears! They’re ridiculous!

xo

• Fashion Critic June 30, 2009 at 13:15 #

I suppose but for me it’s just covering up the fact that’s she’s aging really badly.

2. marvel June 30, 2009 at 13:06 #

I hate Madonna ergo I hate these adds!!!

I just want to get those bunny ears and stamp on them!!

3. Rama Dimas June 30, 2009 at 13:12 #

I think these pictures are so much better than the first picture. It’s quite edgy for LV taste. I love the negative color effects on her face.. It’s edgy

4. Ally June 30, 2009 at 13:24 #

I just don’t understand why they use Madonna if it ends up looking nothing like her. Although, I guess they have gotten us to talk about it here on a fashion blog when we probably wouldn’t if it was just some random person in the ad…

• Fashion Critic June 30, 2009 at 13:25 #

I thiink you summed it up perfectly.

5. Sonja June 30, 2009 at 13:32 #

I kept moving the laptop screen, thinking there must be something wrong with the shade, or the light.

That is not Madonna, that is a porcelain doll.

6. Linda June 30, 2009 at 13:39 #

Totally agree with FC and Ally – she is not attractive enough to be in an add, but she grabs attention, ergo the need for airbrushing to that degree. It was a compromise to get people talking about the brand.

7. Alice[ June 30, 2009 at 13:56 #

Too much Photoshop.Yes,she looks like a doll.
    Bah,I’m not sure about this pics,they’re weird.

8. SarahV June 30, 2009 at 14:09 #

I’m not quite sure how I feel about this campaign, but these pics are definitely recognizable and different from what everyone else is doing, so props for that!

9. boogie June 30, 2009 at 14:09 #

I really hate those computer effects!!! with these ads, clothes and bunny ears maybe LV will have an impact on the Asian market….. ;/

10. mol June 30, 2009 at 15:47 #

Aside from Madonna, i really like the double exposure on the face, the shadows and the colors – a very seductive, silky effect that, to me, is a lot more creative than most ads.

11. Alexandra June 30, 2009 at 16:18 #

the last two pictures are quite nice but i really dislike the idea of rejuvenating Madonna so dramatically. and the bunny ears… I don’t get it!

12. Anastasia June 30, 2009 at 16:26 #

I feel like I kinda like it, too. Those colors show as dark side of Madonna, looks magical and phantasmagoric.

13. Laura June 30, 2009 at 19:01 #

If I look at it as a campaign featuring madonna (whom I love, as an icon of pop and a very savvy businesswoman) it’s a terrible campaign.

If I look at it as an ad campaign for the bags – it’s quite good and very interesting (except for the stupid bunny ears.)

14. Chiara Popalopa June 30, 2009 at 19:19 #

I don’t really like it mostly cause the focus is not on the bag enough, especially with those light effects… But the dresses are beautiful!

15. love-fashion June 30, 2009 at 19:47 #

She looks like a doll…I’m not buying it.

16. suejin July 1, 2009 at 09:36 #

the photos would seem similar to her last one if it weren’t for those amateur looking effects. I don’t like it all. I’m sure she would of looked fine without the weird effect.

17. maggie July 1, 2009 at 16:10 #

It’s common sense that you don’t mix negative effects with the original image. My poor eyes.. I wonder what the art director was thinking when these were released. because seriously – Madonna has looked SO much better in previous campaigns!!!

Those plum-hued bags however – GORGEOUS.