29.06.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Public Enemies” London Premiere

Marion Cotillard looked stunning as the walked the red carpet in London tonight.

She’s back to that consistent form we saw during 2008 awards season and I love it.

Marion usually gives us Parisian chic, but on this occasion she gave us a flirty look wearing a racy red satin strapless Vivienne Westwood bustier pocketed dress.

Her hair was elegant coiffed into a beautiful quiff style, whilst a black Stella McCartney Fall 2009 embossed faux leather clutch and black peep-toes completed the look.

“Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” Screening & Party, Miami

Isabel Lucas sported yet another headband for this screening. It’s very much becoming her signature look.

The Australian actress looks gorgeous is a lilac RM by Roland Mouret Zonda TTD mini sleeveless dress with a gathered detail on the front.

Black pumps complete the look which are a bit unimaginative, but the dress is so gorgeous I can almost overlook that.

Stephanie Pratt is really stepping up in the style department.  I guess those MTV cheques have finally cleared.

The Hills star wore a cute floaty French Connection blue and red dot dress with red peep-toes.

The one-shouldered mini dress has a sweetheart neckline and tiered frilly skirt.

Like her last time out it’s a case of great dress, shame about the bronzer.

22nd Annual ASCAP Rhythm and Soul Music Awards, LA

Before the BET Awards Alicia Keys attended this event wearing a BCBG Max Azria watercolour strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline and a flowing layered skirt.

Matching blue make-up, a silver necklace and matching clutch complete this stunning look.

36th Annual Vision Awards, LA

Ashley Greene opted for a very sophisticated look wearing a black and white ruched D&G dress with cute black pumps with a ruffled detail on the back of the heel.

She manages to look very mature, but not old nor old fashioned.

I love the glossy lips and the equally glossy hair.

Raise Hope For The Congo Event, LA

AnnaLynne McCord looked gorgeous in yet another impressive LBD by Eva Culture. She sure knows how to wow us on the red carpet.

I really adore her silver Rene Caovilla heels, such refreshing change from black and Christian Louboutin.

Opening of Harrods Summer Sale, London

Mischa Barton looks like she partied very hard the night before this event, because no matter how much eye make-up she plastered on I can still see the tell-tale signs.

Her look is what we’ve come to expect from her casual laid back style.

She wore a white shift dress with an embellished neckline plus a tan cross-body bag for that boho touch for which Mischa is best known.

Credit: London Features & Wireimage

In Stephanie Pratt's Closet - French Connection One-Shoulder Blue & Red Dot Dress

In Stephanie Pratt’s Closet – French Connection One-Shoulder Blue & Red Dot Dress

Who Wore Balmain Better? Selita Ebanks or LeToya Luckett

Who Wore Balmain Better? Selita Ebanks or LeToya Luckett

24 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Sally June 30, 2009 at 00:13 #

Marion looks AMAZING.
    A little too skinny though, looks like she’s lost a bit too much weight.

2. Swaggerjacker June 30, 2009 at 00:31 #

Marion looks great. Love that color on her.

3. marina June 30, 2009 at 00:37 #

I’m not that much impressed by Marion. Was expecting more from her,
    What’s up with Isabel’s lipstick?!
    Annalyne-WOW!
    Mischa- close that mouth…

4. Christy June 30, 2009 at 02:09 #

Totally agree with Marina here – what on earth is the go with Isabel’s lipstick (or, IMO, her shoes and her hair). Plus she keeps giving the exact pose and facial expression at every photo call. As an Aussie I hope she improves soon (she seemed to have at least a little more personality when she was on tv / working here)

5. ben June 30, 2009 at 06:59 #

Isabel and Marion look amazing, they’re both totally stealing it.

6. Pablo June 30, 2009 at 07:14 #

OMG, Marion!! How can she always get it so right?? The dress looks so great on her, and she kept it simple without wearing any jewelry!! Perfect, once again!!

Some very nice dresses all along: AnnaLynne, Mishca and Stephanie. Shame about Alicia Keys’ hair and make-up, they kind of ruin all her looks…

7. Terry June 30, 2009 at 07:39 #

I used to like Mischa’s style, but I’m starting to hate it now. She always looks so dishevelled :(
    Btw, her studded bag is by Sonia Rykiel.

8. cucucmber eyes June 30, 2009 at 08:42 #

marion is just amazing… isabel wears make up i’ve seen lately, annalyne is stunning :)

9. kate June 30, 2009 at 09:17 #

Marion looks great even though I prefered the Elie Saab dress, it had more of a wow factor.

10. Alexandra June 30, 2009 at 09:39 #

Marion looks very pretty, but we’ve seen better looks on her ;)

I agree with you on Stephanie. Lovely dress, but the bronzer… YUCK! what can be more tacky than blonde dyed hair and the bronzer?

Alicia’s dress is beautiful, I think it suits her very well. I love the colours.

Ashley – she’s so sweet! The pumps are super cute. I love it how elegant she looks but not too serious.

AnnaLynne – Good Lord, looking THAT sexy should be forbidden!

Misha… uh. I guess she’d better stayed at home…

11. cucucmber eyes June 30, 2009 at 09:57 #

* word that’s missing is worse in sentence about isabel’s make up

12. Alice[*] June 30, 2009 at 11:24 #

I really dislike Marion’s hair,but the dress is very beautiful,she looks nice.
    Isabel is such a nice girl,but the lipstick is just wrong for her.
    Stephanie and Alicia are cute with this printed dress.
    Ashley is so cute *______* She has a sweet face,the dress is perfect.
    AnnaLynne,weird pose,but she looks beautiful as usual.
    Mischa,i like the outfits but not so much the strong make-up.

13. Ally June 30, 2009 at 13:28 #

Misha really needs to ditch those bangs, they make her look like a 60s stoner with her clothing and styling choices.

Love Ashley Green’s hair. I want to steal it!

14. Sonja June 30, 2009 at 13:30 #

My girl Marion looks perfect as always.
    Alicia looks great too…

15. SkirtTheIssue June 30, 2009 at 15:01 #

Ashley is such a sweet looking girl, but her hair, while glossy and in great condition, always is styled to look so suburban housewife (sorry to those who like it…)

Isabel has been rocking those bands for years -i saw an old picture from the Logies- Australia’s TV awards- from several years ago yesterday and she was wearing one then too. I guess it’s part of her “hippie” inspired look. She is a absolutely gorgeous girl, but I prefer her look when she is more casual in her own clothes, rather than the overly made-up styles that have been favored on her transformer’s promotional tour. I’m hoping when the juggernaut ends, she will find a great stylist to help her with her red carpet looks- I actually think she would be perfect for Rachel Zoe’s aesthetic.

16. Ling June 30, 2009 at 15:48 #

Marion looks great but the length of her hair looks quite awkward, I’d have preferred if she’d tied it up in a ponytail or bun, it’s quite distracting. Ashley Greene’s bob is cute but it ages her, plus it looks like she’s copying Camilla Belle who worked it much better. I also have to say that I really miss the old Mischa Barton when she was on the OC, she was so gorgeous and natural back then, now she always looks a bit dirty and sloppy.

17. Leo June 30, 2009 at 18:01 #

I have a big crush Marion Cotillard. She grabs our attention always with her chic style. I love her dress, it’s sexy and her hair is a nice change, cos’ it really complements the look.

Mischa Barton scares me! Someone feed her and take her for a detox trip.

18. Alexis June 30, 2009 at 23:29 #

Marion looks stunning. I like the detail of the pleats making the shape of a heart.

19. maggie July 1, 2009 at 16:17 #

I wish Isabel would lose the heavy tan – she’s such a beauty when she’s naturally, how do I say, skin coloured?? It just clashes with an otherwise gorgeous dress ensemble!

20. claudia July 1, 2009 at 17:14 #

is that mischa?? her face looks strange…

• Fashion Critic July 1, 2009 at 17:15 #

yep. She just looks wasted

21. whitestroke July 1, 2009 at 18:09 #

Marion – Hair is interesting. The rest not so much.

Mischa looks kinda okay on the longer shot, but the closeup… DEAR GOD.

22. Aideen July 2, 2009 at 15:23 #

You’re very right FC (of course!). thought i’d share this beautiful picture of Mischa Barton. Glamourous http://celebslam.celebuzz.com/2009/07/mischa-barton-is-drunk.php

23. Fashion Critic July 2, 2009 at 16:33 #