26.06.09

Social Events Of The Week

“The Proposal” – Madrid Photocall & Press Conference

I’m in love with Sandra Bullock at the moment as she is giving us so many different flavours of fashion.

At the MTV Movie Awards she gave us a cute mini flirty Abaeté dress.

For The Proposal LA Premiere she wore a slightly edgy Alexander McQueen dress, and for her appearance on the Today Show she wore a fruity Alberta Ferretti floral dress.

Today whilst promoting her latest movie in Madrid she gave us classic look, wearing a Michael Kors chalk pinstripe origami dress from the Spring 2009 collection.

The dress has an artful origami-like pintucked detail which gathers over the skirt creating an elegant draping and volume. I also love the asymmetric hem and the contrasting patent belt.

Her look was paired with a black Azzedine Alaia ankle strap heels.

Immaculate as always.

The Black Eyed Peas New Album Launch Party At VIP Room Theater, Paris

Fergie combined fashion with music on this trip to Paris, as the Black Eyed Peas launched their new album at the VIP Room Theater in Paris last night.

After appearing at the Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 Menswear show yesterday she brought out her sex kitten wild side wearing an Alexander Wang mesh panel dress with some gladiator heels and a large silver cuff.

Montblanc White Nights Festival Reception and Gala Dinner, Russia

Princess of Darkness Eva Green is still sporting red hair, which pops against her black Alberta Ferretti Spring 2009 gown with fringed detailing.

Her tangy orange lips doesn’t really work for me, but I do love her dress and the way it elegantly drapes on her.

“Bruno” Los Angeles Premiere

I have really struggled with Isla Fisher’s looks at the Bruno premiere’s, but there’s something about this green Stella McCartney Fall 2009 dress with a black lace overlay and a white yoke that I’m warming to.

Maybe it’s her glowing tan but I prefer the dress on her to the model on the runway.

Isla’s look is paired with black bamboo Stella McCartney clutch, Bulgari jewels and gold Mechante of London ‘Dita Rose’ python pumps.

Rosario Dawson kept her look simple, yet sophisticated wearing a Narciso Rodriguez LBD with a keyhole detail, a silver cuff and black peep-toes.

No make-up yet still so beautiful.  Some girls have all the luck.

Stephanie Pratt’s aqua one-shoulder draped dress is gorgeous, but she appears to have over-done her bronzer.

Less is more Stephanie.

Christina Ricci wears a slate grey slinky Opening Ceremony dress which is loosely cinched at the waist with gold belt.

The petite star boosts her tiny figure with a fierce pair of ultra-high chunky Lanvin heels.

I’ll guess that she’s not wearing a bra again, but at least we’re not seeing any tell-tale signs.

‘It’s On With Alexa Chung’, New York

Whilst making her way to the MTV studio’s to appear on Alexa Chung’s show, Leighton Meester was spotted wearing a Thakoon Resort 2009 printed dress with Christian Louboutin lace-up booties.

It’s good to see Leighton smiling and back to brunette locks which I much prefer on her.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Like it wasn’t hot enough yesterday Megan Fox sent temperatures soaring when she arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theater to appear on “Letterman” wearing a LBD by Herve Leroux with Courtney Crawford heels.

I think Megan is starting to get the hang of looking chic and sexy as she stunned wearing her sexy pencil dress with a sheer plunging neckline.

Her make-up was the right shade whilst her luscious brunette locks were swept to one side.

fuse’s “No. 1 Countdown”, New York

Early today Megan sported a very casual look at she appeared on the fuse’s no.1 countdown.

Sporting a biker leather jacket Megan wore a Stella McCartney leopard print tank top with black leggings and purple Brian Atwood “Lola” heels.

[nggallery id=93]

Credit: Style.com, London Features, Zuma Press & Wireimage

In Sandra Bullock's Closet - Michael Kors & Azzedine Alaia

In Sandra Bullock’s Closet – Michael Kors & Azzedine Alaia

Swarovski Crystallized Concept Store Opening

Swarovski Crystallized Concept Store Opening

20 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Hilary June 26, 2009 at 17:29 #

WOW…Megan Fox looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. She better keep getting it right..

I prefer Eva Green in her more eccentric clothing..She’s so striking; she can pull off “weirder” clothes..tis looks a bit dull for me.

• Fashion Critic June 26, 2009 at 17:31 #

I’m not sure we will see that side of her again.

She has toned down her look for a long while now.

But fingers crossed the Dior Couture will return.

2. Ayesha June 26, 2009 at 17:50 #

WHOA…couldn’t even recognize Stephanie Pratt. She looks like a wax figure..oh dear.

3. Lucie June 26, 2009 at 17:55 #

Megan Fox is stunning… that woman could wake up the dead she’s so hot. Good for her for finding a balance between sexy and sleazy.

Isla Fisher looks fantastic in this dress, it shows off her “I don’t try too hard” style.

I love the simplicity of Christina Ricci’s dress… less is more and she looks great. Wearing a bra wouldn’t kill her though!

• Lexa June 26, 2009 at 19:47 #

it would in that dress, because the back of that dress is open ;)

4. Ally June 26, 2009 at 17:56 #

I love Sandra Bullock. I like that she usually picks clothing that she looks great in, but not that she looks super uncomfortable in (like J Aniston can do). Plus, those shoes are killer.

I’m glad that Fergie has stopped straightening her hair to an inch of its life. Also killer shoes.

5. FelipeA June 26, 2009 at 18:09 #

Why is it that over ten years after Gisele started making her mark in the fashion world people are still wearing variations on her signature hairstyle everywhere? I really like Gisele, specially being a brazilian, and her hair is awesome, but enough is enough

• whitestroke July 1, 2009 at 16:56 #

What Gisele ‘signature hairstyle’ are you talking about? I didn’t know a certain hairstyle belongs to just one person. Especially if we’re talking about one of the models, that are practically a canvas for countless looks the fashion industry is sporting at any given moment.

6. Lara X June 26, 2009 at 18:21 #

I thought it was reported that Leighton is a natural blonde?

7. FelipeA June 26, 2009 at 18:30 #

leighton was in an episode of House and she was totally blonde, and really suited her. i don’t know if it’s her natural color, but it made her look amazing.

8. ber June 26, 2009 at 18:37 #

Megan Fox’s Letterman look is one of my favorites for her. The dress, hair and makeup all work.

9. BirkinEnvy June 26, 2009 at 19:15 #

Sandra Bullock looks great. She pulls the look off effortlessly and I like her choice of shoes.

I rarely like anything Fergie chooses to wear… but LaLa rocked this dress way better anyway.

I don’t really care for Isla Fisher’s outift. There’s something about the neckline that I don’t like. She should’ve picked a different shoe… it looks like the gold heels came from Paris Hilton’s closet.

Rosario Dawson looks stunning and I love how the dress fits her. I wish she would’ve picked a different shoe. (Geez, are the shoes a running theme with this post or what lol.)

I can’t really say anything about Stephanie Pratt’s outfit because I couldn’t stop staring at her shiny face. WTF was going on there???

Christina Ricci looks super chic. Plus I love the bangs.

Megan Fox looks sexy and I like that she chose something shorter. I was getting sick of the longer gowns.

10. Chiara Popalopa June 26, 2009 at 19:46 #

Wow Sandra, great legggggs!!!

It’s funny because we were seeing Leighton Meester and then bam, sexy vamp Megan Fox. But actually they’re both the same age. I think something’s wrong here ….

• antoneLLina June 26, 2009 at 21:18 #

i think that leighton is much better than megan…yes,megan is incredibly sexy and hot, but for me she looks often trashy, leighton is always chic,elegant and sexy too.

11. antoneLLina June 26, 2009 at 21:26 #

love sandra,leighton and christina.
    sandra: pure glamour . fantastic!
    leighton: fresh and sexy.she rocks!
    christina: semplicity means elegance and style. wow!

12. ben June 26, 2009 at 23:51 #

Am I the only one that thinks Fergie has become predictable on the red carpet? She’s always wearing “futuristic” pieces with chunky shoes.

13. Boeshane June 27, 2009 at 11:36 #

I’m not a fan of Christina Ricci style usualy, but wow ! I’m really starting to like it.

14. Flixer June 27, 2009 at 12:23 #

Let’s be honest, I’ve had a girl crush on Christina Ricci for a very long time – but lately, she’s simply stunning!!

15. Camilla June 30, 2009 at 20:59 #

Isla Fisher could have done with putting her hair back in a sleek ponytail, or something to get it off the dress. It would have made the world of difference and maybe made her expression a little less nauseating?

16. whitestroke July 1, 2009 at 17:06 #

I love red hair on Eva Green.

I was positively surprised by that Stella McCartney collection. I thought such dresses were very interesting new creative take from her, but sadly, I don’t think they’ve been working quite good on the red carpet so far.

Oh dear, Megan’s 2nd look. I hate how wonky those leggings and shoes look on her legs.