Every time I feature Anne Hathaway on my blog she’s usually included in the Best Dressed of The Week poll which 9 times out of 10 she wins.

She’s always impeccably dressed without a hair out of place.

Last night at the “Twelfth Night” 2009 Shakespeare In The Park Opening Night Gala, Anne arrived on the red carpet wearing a stunning gold Marchesa Pre-Fall 2009 strapless pleated organza dress with a beaded waistband paired with champagne peep-toes.

I love the dress but it looks better on the model.

Also I can’t get passed Anne’s messy hair.

Emma Watson said in her Teen Vogue interview that “There’s nothing interesting about looking perfect”.  I disagree perfection is beautiful, perfection is what I admire and usually we always get this from Anne but not in this case.

Anne was probably more focused on her performance last night, but she should have taken time to run a comb through her hair.

[nggallery id=91]

Credit: Marchesa & Wireimage

Madonna For Louis Vuitton Fall 2009

Madonna For Louis Vuitton Fall 2009

Runway To Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 Menswear Show - Fergie In Louis Vuitton

Runway To Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 Menswear Show – Fergie In Louis Vuitton

11 Comments

11 Responses to Runway To “Twelfth Night” 2009 Shakespeare In The Park Opening Night Gala – Anne Hathaway In Marchesa

1. Ally June 26, 2009 at 13:59 #

I wish she hadn’t altered the top of the dress. It was much more interesting on the runway. And I agree about the hair. Strange though b/c she usually looks so put together. Was this taken after the performance? That might explain it.

• Fashion Critic June 26, 2009 at 14:02 #

I just looked again and it was after the performance, but she could have still done something with her hair.

• Ally June 26, 2009 at 15:25 #

I agree. I mean she clearly had time to change! But sometimes when you perform you get all hot and sweaty, so perhaps there was just no helping it.

2. rachael June 26, 2009 at 14:34 #

Totally agree about what you said about Anne always winning Best Dressed of the Week. Don’t get me wrong, I love Anne as she is always very well dressed but even when there is someone more impressive she still wins, like with Megan Fox.

3. danielezka June 26, 2009 at 16:25 #

Anne is always my best dressed since I watched The Devil wears Prada… but…
    i don’t like her here. it’s nice, but not stunnig as usual.
    Her hair looks messy and the top of the dress looks rigid compared to the model’s dress, it doesn’t have that petal effect.
    boo.

4. Sarah June 26, 2009 at 19:11 #

I actually like her hair. I think it compliments the soft look of the dress. It’s also nice that Anne gives us variety instead of the same hair-style again and again like so many others.

5. Boeshane June 27, 2009 at 11:32 #

Personally, usualy I don’t like Anne Hathaway because she looks so perfect, as a plastic doll. It’s anoying. Here, I really like her. She looks natural and this dress seams made for her.

6. whitestroke July 1, 2009 at 16:01 #

The dress on the runway is so beautiful, almost like velvet. On Anne, though… It looks as if she got the knock-off on the flea market.

• Fashion Critic July 1, 2009 at 16:06 #

ouch!! but you are so right ;)

7. robbie July 8, 2009 at 12:38 #

the dress is available on net-a-porter :-)

8. Judy July 12, 2009 at 23:40 #

Wow, I thought she looked stunning in this picture. Her hair is beautifully messy, which compliments this dress. Marchesa’s designs are organic and free, with a hint of structure. A pin-perfect hair-do would look exactly that…too perfect. Anne wears this dress with just the grace and beauty necessary to pull this look off.