Runway To “Incognito Design Exhibition” – Lucy Liu In Giambattista Valli

Yesterday Lucy Liu arrived at the “Incognito Design” Exhibition Opening At The Whitney Museum in New York wearing a fantastically feminine Giamabattista Valli Spring 2009 cream strapless dress, with a heavily ruffled detail which sits on the bust.

I’ve loved this dress the second it was uploaded onto Style.com and since Lucy has worn many Valli pieces I was confident that she would wear this dress.

Unfortunately I’m not totally blow away as I thought I would be. She look gorgeous but I’m a bit disappointed by her hair.

A pony with a few strands framing her face isn’t quite the picture I had in mind. More like a classy updo.

Maybe I’m being overly picky.

A peachy clutch and bow-front Christian Louboutin heels completed the look.

[nggallery id=88]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Look Chic At The Beach For Less

Look Chic At The Beach For Less

In Ashanti's Closet - Rebecca Taylor Summer Party Dress

In Ashanti’s Closet – Rebecca Taylor Summer Party Dress

18 Responses to Runway To “Incognito Design Exhibition” – Lucy Liu In Giambattista Valli

1. Anastasia June 24, 2009 at 13:01 #

I love the dress!

2. SarahV June 24, 2009 at 13:18 #

I think she looks phenomenal! I like how the ponytail keeps this look a little playful…

3. Raquel June 24, 2009 at 14:47 #

I love the dress, but the skirt is a bit too tight and it shows. The hair doesn’t bother me, but the make up is too meh for that dress.

4. Chiara Popalopa June 24, 2009 at 16:28 #

Well, she sure wasn’t incognito.
    You’re right about the hair, but I really like the overall look.

5. danielezka June 24, 2009 at 16:58 #

TOTALLY agree about the hairstyle issue.

6. Ling June 24, 2009 at 17:13 #

So glad she wore the dress like the runway modification and didn’t try to modify it like other dresses from that collection worn on the red carpet!

7. Gaber June 24, 2009 at 18:18 #

Ohh Liev … *swoons*
    Wait, there is someone else besides him in those pictures?
    YOU LIE!

8. antoneLLina June 24, 2009 at 18:19 #

i totally agree with you,fc. i really don’t like the hair and i feel that something here is missing. i don’t know what, but when i saw the pictures i didn’t say WOW. and i think that this dress must have a wow factor!

9. LolaSvelt June 24, 2009 at 19:29 #

Lucy has worn Valli quite a few times and never fails to stun in it. She should wear it even more.

10. Denice-Fashion InSight June 24, 2009 at 20:17 #

I love the dress!! Not on her though, sorry! Her hair, you’re right, could have been swept up because of all the detail on the bodice… eeehh.

11. whitestroke June 24, 2009 at 20:39 #

I much prefer 4 pictures you put at the bottom, where you can’t see below her thighs, because I really don’t like the way the dress looks around her knees. It almost looks like a different material, from the runway version. It almost looks like a really tight pencil skirt, and it shouldn’t. The runway dress suggests a slightly different silhouette.

• whitestroke June 24, 2009 at 20:42 #

Oh dear, I hate the way I phrased that in the way that two consecutive sentences start with IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE. Something’s really off with me today.

12. Swatky June 24, 2009 at 21:10 #

She is just fabulous… I love Lucy Liu in Giambattista Valli, she carries it so great… Again- LOVE IT ! :-D

13. robbie June 24, 2009 at 21:37 #

i like the dress but i prefer the runway version as it is less tight. but my eyes are draw to those loubies. I MUST HAVE THOSE!!!!!

• Jackie June 25, 2009 at 06:29 #

I second that! I’m SO LOVING those pumps. My favorite heels right now are the Louboutin nude peep toe pumps but these are almost, or maybe just as fabulous. I’m head over heels in love!

14. zoe June 25, 2009 at 00:33 #

i love you lucy! <3

15. Jackie June 25, 2009 at 06:25 #

Dress and shoes go together VERY WELL and everything below her neck is just great! Actually, I’m not quite sure about that clutch.

I agree with the hair in that she should have done more to it… I don’t know what, but that dress deserves more than a plain ponytail. Same goes for make up! Her eyeshadow just doesn’t work with anything.

I’m disappointed as everything else is so well put together!

16. mol June 25, 2009 at 06:32 #

It seems like she’s too short waisted and possibly too curvy in the hips so that the dress doesn’t drape the same softer way that it does on the model – it is a stunning dress, so too bad!