Emma Watson For Teen Vogue August 2009

Emma Watson graces the cover of Teen Vogue August 2009 cover looking gorgeous wearing a D&G satin top and embroidered bell-shaped skirt from the Fall 2009 collection.

The young star has a lot to look forward to these days. The sixth installment of the Harry Potter films, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”, hits theaters this month.

The seventh book is being split between two films, which means the actress is currently promoting one movie, shooting another, and in pre-production on a third. “I dont think I’ve ever been this tired in my life!” she says.

I LOVE Emma’s editorial which sees her wearing BCBG Max Azria, D&G, Erin Fetherston, Burberry, Moschino Cheap & Chic and Monique Lhuillier.

Emma doesn’t seem to be desperate to grown up like a lot of Hollywood stars *coughs Miley Cyrus coughs*, but she seems to have a maturity beyond her years.

On starting college to study English Literature and art: “I probably sound like a paranoid nut, but I’m doing this because I want to be normal. I really want anonymity.”

On acting: “There’s not a burning passion in me that I have to act and I don’t care what I do. Until something comes along that I feel as strongly about as I did Hermione like, I felt that it was life or death”I don’t want to act again.”

On fashion: “There’s nothing interesting about looking perfect you lose the point. You want what you’re wearing to say something about you, about who you are.”

Teen Vogue, on newsstands July 1.

Here are some outtakes from the shoot.

[nggallery id=85]

Credit: TeenVogue & Style.com

27 thoughts on “Emma Watson For Teen Vogue August 2009

1. Alice[*]

She looks lovely.This photoshoot is really pretty and the landscapes are perfect with the dresses.It looks like a fairytale.

2. Irene Berd

Wow!
    Yes,it looks like a fairy tale.Vogue it`s Vogue – photo shoots are always wonderful….Emma is gorgeous!!…I really like the spirit of Britain

3. Szonja

Oh my god! Emma looks like a clown on each pictures!! Poor girl. The stylist of this photoshoot really doesn’t have so much sense of good style, just put the pieces randomly on this poor girl.
    First: the heavy golden jewelleries. She looks more like a gipsy woman, not an English lady.
    The platform boots make me think that she’s suffering from some orthopaedic problem.
    The leopard printed tights are just ridiculous.
    Why does she need the pink ribbon on her waist? Is she a racehorse?
    Next pic: the fur is simply messy, even my grandma won’t wear it and what is that in her hair? Dog’s collar?
    The crimson jacket is crumpled, was it bought from a second-hand store or found in a garbage bin?
    The Monique Lhuiller gown is very similar to Amy Lee Evanescence’s stage clothes – messy. But the Napoleon-inspired coat with it is really a testimony of neglectful dressing. Nor the style nor the colour match.
    Last photo should have been given a label: bitch from the doll’s house.
    It’s everything but not art and an example to follow. Bad, bad, bad.

4. Ally

She really seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I hope she finds something that makes her want to act again.

5. Ling

A very interesting photoshoot, with some unusual choices, I wouldn’t have expected Teen Vogue to pick such bold outfits. Not really a fan of the dark lipstick though.

6. ~**juDee**~

wowzers…..Szonja seems angry lol :S
    i think the shoot was cool enough. she seems very composed, well-mannered and polite, just like a young lady should be…..her mother must be very proud (no sarcasm intended)….
    as for the video, a nice young lady she may be but personality wise she seems slightly boring. she doesnt have that same light-hearted air as my ulitmate girl crush, sienna miller! hence the reason why some people aren’t as drawn to her. but shes still young, im sure shes yet to find herself.

7. ber

I love this photoshoot. She’s really starting to find her own style and I’m interested in seeing what she’s going to come up with as a designer.

8. Sonja

I really like the photoshoot. Loving the combination with red jacket and white dress, adoring the massive jewelry. She sounds surprisingly mature for her age, but still,she is just a child.

9. Chiara Popalopa

And the blue dress?! I love it!!!!

I think this photoshoot is a little weird for Teen Vogue, like too classy in a way, but I like the last pic, something you could wear, definitely.

10. bluebell

I love the clothes, wish they were on someone else. I don’t get it…she has great taste but it always looks like she’s playing dress up. I like her alright, looks-wise though, she’s very plain.

11. serapart

love love love this photoshoot of her, love the dresses, details, colours and composition, she is looking gorgeous and the colours are very uplifting and inspirational <3

12. Lyna

Hey,
    loooooooooooved the monique fall 2009 purple gown. but just to correct Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince is the six movie of the Harry potter series.

13. Boeshane

Wow, nice photoshoot. It’s true that sometimes it just seems too much, but it’s the way teen vogue work, and with young models and celebs like that, you can try crazy styles.
    Ha ! It’s like they heard me thinking of balloon skirts : they put it everywhere. And it seems green will be the next color too.
    Really weird she doesn’t wear anything from chanel : she always does, no ?

I love the Toga dress she wears on the pony pic.

1. Fashion Critic Post author

I wouldn’t have thought to pair with these designers so I think it’s refreshing she is not wearing something from Chanel.

Chanel is too obvious.

14. tanya

thank you so much for covering this. i rarly like celeb editorials but emma’s kind of blew me away. i LOVED it. was pretty much drooling on my keyboard while reading the teen vogue site.
    just wanted to tell you now much i appreciate all the effort you put into this site. love the broad range of celebs and events that you cover (asian/indian events/mag spreads/young and old/less known designers) All this is always paired with your intelligent and almost encyclopaedic knowledge of fashion. I must ask, do you have a background in fashion? If not, you should consider it! I simply love your site!

1. Fashion Critic Post author

I worked at Burberry for 2 weeks when I left university ;)

I’ve temped in a few fashion houses, but I always wanted to work at a fashion magazine.

Vogue or Elle is where I wanted to be *dreams*

15. whitestroke

The best Teen Vogue cover EVER.

Well, I could say the same for editorial, too. D&G and Erin Fetherston were some of my fav collections of the season, and the whole styling is EXACTLY everything I loved about Fall 2009 trends. I’m so jealous of her.

16. Erin

I would love to see you do a Red Carpet Transformation on Emma Watson. It may not be fair, considering she first hit the red carpet when she was 11, but I love looking at her outfits from then until now and how she discovered her fashion style in front of the camera. I also love how even in the last year, while she’s had her hits, has also had her mises. She’s still learning. I can’t wait to see what she wears to the HP premieres coming up.

1. Fashion Critic Post author

Maybe after the HP premieres as I would love to see what direction her red carpet looks take during that period.

Thanks for the idea