22.06.09

20th Annual MuchMusic Video Awards

Many of you said that the CMT Music Awards was the worst dressed red carpet event this year. You will all change your minds when it comes to this event.

Never have I seen such a multiple pile up of car crash couture.

Not one person got it right. Not even Fergie and you can usually rely on her to get it right.

She wore a futuristic silver satin top which was cinched in at the waist with a sheer corset panel. A black skirt, Balenciaga heels and platinum jewels completed this look along with a very chunky bracelet.

For once I really dislike Kim Kardashian’s make-up. I know the nude/natural look is very on trend, but she looks washed out.

Kim has had so many hairstyles lately it’s hard to know if she’s cut her locks, pinned up her hair or is wearing a wig. I will always perfect her a with long dark hair. Anything else just isn’t Kim.

Her black and white strapless Nuj Novakhett Fall 2009 dress isn’t too bad, but she has looked much better in recent times.

Rumer Willis yet again gets it wrong wearing a black mini Elise Øverland dress with a lime green sequined zigzag pattern pair with Christian Louboutin Paquita gladiator sandals.

Hate is just a strong word, but I really hate this dress on her.

With her Gucci Iman heels Audrina Patridge wore a LBD by Alexander McQueen with sexy-cut outs.

This look might have worked if she’d worn a black bra under her dress.

I think this maxi dress really flatters Kelly Clarkson, but the print is reeking havoc on my eyes.

Credit: Wireimage

Net-A-Porter International Sale Starts TODAY

Net-A-Porter International Sale Starts TODAY

Sienna Miller For Vogue US July 2009

Sienna Miller For Vogue US July 2009

23 Responses to 20th Annual MuchMusic Video Awards

1. Sonja June 22, 2009 at 13:48 #

My God. So many badly dressed people at one place in the same time. My God. There must be a black hole somewhere near.

2. heather ♥ June 22, 2009 at 14:47 #

SO awful. I live in Toronto, and this is one of the few events that gets held here every year so its exciting- and this was a MAJOR let down!!! Terrrrrrrrrible fashion.
    Kim’s dress is cute, but you are right- the hair and makeup totally ruin it… I watched a bit on TV last night and her eyes/face were SO washed out on live camera, kind of looked like she rolled out of bed and threw on a pretty dress without any other preparations– for her this didn’t translate well in my opinion

3. Terry June 22, 2009 at 14:50 #

Tragic.

4. Hilary June 22, 2009 at 14:51 #

Sweet Jesus, Rumer Willis looks worse than I’ve ever, ever seen her look…Why doesn’t Demi lend her her own stylist? She looks like her entire outfit cost 20 quid in a market stall..and it probably cost a few grand.
    Audrina’s dress is fab, but not really suited to her personality..I prefer her little sparkly dresses.

5. Lily June 22, 2009 at 15:22 #

One word….AWFUL.

6. Rachel June 22, 2009 at 15:26 #

Wow. This is terrible. Kim looks okay, but I agree about the hair/makeup. Kelly’s dress is extremely flattering (unlike that periwinkle dress she wore to the Clive Davis pre-Grammy party), and I think the print works. Everyone else is just… bad.

7. WendyB June 22, 2009 at 15:56 #

The one with the see-through dress — if she’d worn a black bra, it would have been visible too. It’s my pet peeve that so much black turns transparent in a flash and there’s nothing to do about it but wear a full-length slip. Of course, some dresses are too cute out and you can’t do that. Then you just have to live with it or find another dress.

8. ZzaRaZza June 22, 2009 at 16:32 #

Hate Fergie’s construction detail as a bracelet and Rumer’s hair. Rumer’s dress is quite OK considering what she usually wears.

Kim looks good except for clash between the tone on her cheeks (orang-y) and pale pink lips.

9. denice- Fashion InSight June 22, 2009 at 18:53 #

Fashion disaster!! The color of Rumer’s hair clashed with the color of her dress. Poor Kim, what makeup?? And you’re right, long hair make up her signiture look.

10. nicole June 22, 2009 at 18:59 #

kim is the only good one in this ugly bunch.
    rumer and kelly need to be on worst dressed list for sure!!
    what is going wit fergie’s outfit, all the wrong styles thrown together and that hair is a mess.

11. Jon Fab June 22, 2009 at 19:55 #

Agreed, those outfits are tragic!
    But, you left out gaga! She looked absolutely amazing the whole night during the show and during her performance, so you should post her up cause she looked beautiful and I’m really interested on who she wore..

love this blog so so so so
    xoxo

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2009 at 20:05 #

thanks Jon.

Lady Gaga didn’t walk the red carpet which is why she isn’t featured on this post.

Her outfits are usually costume. But if I find them I will do a post on her.

12. Leo June 22, 2009 at 21:21 #

Fergie will definitely be on the worst dressed of the year with this look. What was she thinking? There are so many levels of awful taste there that it’s hard to find where it went wrong.

By comparison Kim K even looks good, but was she wearing a wig? Her hair looks so weird.

13. Gasp June 22, 2009 at 22:40 #

Kim K dress is by Nuj Novakhett (FW 2009 collection)

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2009 at 22:53 #

thanks for the info :)

14. Raquel June 23, 2009 at 03:00 #

As a woman I feel like I shouldn’t say that, but Audrina looks like a lady of the night. There, I said it.

That event was a nightmare. I like Keely, though.

15. ben June 23, 2009 at 06:53 #

Is there any chance you can show Lady GaGa on these posts more often? Runway or not, who looks should still be critiqued as they’re just so edgy.

Everyone looks bad, except Kim i guess. The make-up wouldve looked better had her hair been long :(

16. Adam June 23, 2009 at 08:18 #

Did not recognise KK in her nude makeup!

17. Terry June 23, 2009 at 09:50 #

Audrina Patridge wore an Alexander McQueen dress (from Pre-Fall 2009 collection).

• Fashion Critic June 23, 2009 at 10:21 #

Thanks I just found that out also and was about to update, but working on another post

• Gasp June 23, 2009 at 10:46 #

Is available at MatchesFashion.com

18. LolaSvelt June 23, 2009 at 11:07 #

Dear lord, Audrina Patridge is wearing that hideous outfit and the only thing you could comment on was the white bra? That was last thing I noticed about it!

19. whitestroke June 24, 2009 at 17:09 #

Fergie – *bangs head*

Kim Kardashian – Ouch. She just doesn’t work without makeup or with no-makeup makeup.

Rumer Willis – LOL I love your comment. So true.

Audrina Patridge – *bangs head some more*

Kelly Clarkson – I don’t get her. In her videos she’s got the whole rock chick style going on for years now, but on the red carpet she still does that same corny mainstream style, like she just won on American Idol and had that first lame record out.