18.06.09

2009 Whitney Contemporaries Art Party And Auction

Ali Larter looks very sexy in her white printed Herve Leger Fall 2009 mini dress with a plunging neckline and padded shoulders.

Ali tried to diffuse the uber sexiness of this dress by adding a stunning statement necklace by Erickson Beamon with a large orange pendent.

Love the dress, hate the heels.

They’re so clunky for this dress, plus I would have preferred a taupe strappy sandal.

A Nancy Gonzalez gold clutch completed her look.

Alexis Bledel also wore a plunging neckline Herve Leger Fall 2009 bandage dress. Hers was in chocolate brown with shimmering gold panels.

Alexis always seems quite shy so I’m really shocked that she’s wearing such a sexy piece and without the runway blazer.

She completed her look with a sparkling Judith Leiber clutch and pewter Giuseppe Zanotti heels.

Lake Bell opted for a futuristic look wearing a red BCBG Max Azria Resort 2010 dress with grey embroidered details which is a cross between Star Trek and Spidergirl.

She wore her dress with silver sandals and a lemon Herve Leger Spring 2009 clutch.

The dress will grow on me, but the shoes and the clutch. No.

I really wish Maggie Grace hadn’t held her clutch so close to her skirt because I love the tulip shape on the skirt of this teal blue Christian Siriano Fall 2009 asymmetrical dress.

I’m glad Maggie opted for something we haven’t seen from Christian Siriano, as I’m so tired of seeing the same dresses in various colours.

Maggie is looking fantastic lately which makes me ask the question. Does she have a new stylist?

Her look was complete with Christian Louboutin Carnaval heels with a leafy embellishment at the rear.

Hilary Rhoda looked sexy but sweet wearing a pale blue Max Azria Spring 2009 plunging draped toga dress.

Silver sandals were the perfect complement.

The red carpet always lights up when Camilla Belle graces it with her presence.

Wearing a green one-shouldered Max Azria Resort 2010 dress with ruffles cascading from the shoulder the actress looked simply gorgeous with seemingly not much effort.

Amber Tamblyn wore a black and white Alice + Olivia fan dress, which I blogged about recently, saying it looked very much like the Gianfranco Ferré dress Anne Hathaway wore to the Critics Choice Awards.

I would have really liked this look if it wasn’t for the tights.

Yes I know I go on about disliking tights so much, but it’s a real bug-bear of mine. You all must have something that you really dislike too.

Max Azria’s BFF Melissa George was of course at this MaxAriza event.

The actress wore a white haltered Herve Leger Resort 2010 bandage dress with matching heels, a gold clutch and a gold stack of Samantha Wills bangles.

As much as I want to say I don’t like it, Melissa really makes it work surprisingly.

Selita Ebanks is such a pretty woman so I’m dumbfounded as to why she opted for so much make-up.

It really takes so much away from her natural beauty.

[nggallery id=83]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To The CMT Music Awards Stage - Kellie Pickler In Zuhair Murad

Runway To The CMT Music Awards Stage – Kellie Pickler In Zuhair Murad

Runway To The CMT Music Awards Stage - Taylor Swift In Rachel Gilbert

Runway To The CMT Music Awards Stage – Taylor Swift In Rachel Gilbert

29 Responses to 2009 Whitney Contemporaries Art Party And Auction

1. Gaber June 18, 2009 at 12:22 #

First of all, I LOVE Alexis.
    Just not in this dress.
    The problem is the detail of the dress. It make the waist look really tiny and the hips HUGE! She looks godly from the wait up, but from the waist down – such a let down. (The shoes are sweet though!)

Second of all, Melissa looks hideous! The white with her tan and hair colour!
    YIKES!

The others are completely irrelevant.

2. Aideen June 18, 2009 at 12:30 #

sometimes i dont agree with you about the whole tights thing esp when its so cold but i definately agree this time, arent sheer black tights 90s? if Amber Tamblyn was going to do tights she should have at least had them as black as the dress!
    By the way love camilla belle’s dress, want it!

3. Alexandra June 18, 2009 at 12:38 #

Ali looks very pretty. Time doesn’t seem to affect her.

I don’t really like any of the outfit’s apart from Maggie’s. The dress is really sweet. But the others don’t impress me. Maybe I just dislike over-Herve-Leger-ed events? You know what I meant ;)

And why oh why selita did this? This lipstick makes her look old and almost ugly, which seems ridiculous considering how naturally beautiful she is.

• Flixer June 18, 2009 at 21:17 #

Like a really bad 90’s movie… Sad

4. Lexa June 18, 2009 at 13:02 #

I agree with you on Ali’s shoes. It’s the second or third time, when she ruins the look by wearing wrong shoes. Apart from the shoes, she looks really good.
    i love Camilla, she’s so effortlessly beautiful and the colour of her dress is divine!
    I also like Melissa’s look – it’s kind of futuristic. She really pulls it off.

5. Raquel June 18, 2009 at 13:30 #

I love Camille, she is naturally elegant and never, NEVER seems like trying. Love her, love the dress.

I love Maggie’s dress, the hair not so much.

Melissa, I really dislike the shoes… same for Ali. I know those clunky heels are fashion these days, but they are too heavy for 98% of the red carpets events.

I really really hate whatever Lake is wearing. Hideous.

6. Alice[*] June 18, 2009 at 13:37 #

Ali is hot with this look,but the shoes are inappropriate for the dress.
    Alexis,I love her!She made possible the impossible.I’ve never thought about her with an Hervè Leger,but she looks great!Nice shoes too.
    I also like Maggie,Hilary( nice nice!),Camille ( but not so much),Selita,Melissa(really sexy) and Amber( but I still prefer the Ferrè’s version),

7. alannah June 18, 2009 at 13:42 #

would have loved if ali didnt wear the necklace with that dress.
    alexis – her eyes always pop she’s sooo pretty!
    and melissa eekkk.

8. ZzaRaZza June 18, 2009 at 13:57 #

Love Ali’s necklace, and Melissa looks like a futuristic nurse.

Camille is always beautiful but this time I think her make-up is not the best for her complexion and eyebrows are way too dark and harsh.

9. Jude June 18, 2009 at 15:11 #

Love Hilary Rhoda in Max Azaria – it looks like something Pheobe Philo used to do at Chloe a few years back.

Even though I am beyond over Herve Leger dresses I have to admit Alexis and Ali look amazing.

10. mol June 18, 2009 at 15:53 #

I love how the Max Azria dress is shown on the model, and Hilary Rhoda looks so pretty in it too, save for the belt – it’s the color of it and how it’s done up too tight, not slightly slouchy, like on the model. Picky I know, but it ruins the dress for me, it’s like a big ‘stop’ in the flow and fit of it .

HL dresses always seem to make women look like they’ve got child bearing hips, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, i’m just sayin’, you have to want to present that way!

11. zoe June 18, 2009 at 15:54 #

this is such a well dressed event :)
    i’m not really liking ali larter’s look because it’s too allover the place. i don’t get it…but alexis bledel looks so amazing! she looks really chic rather than too sexy.
    maggie grace looks so good! i love those shoes! i’m glad to see more christian siriano on the red carpet. he’s a really good designer.
    hilary rhoda is seriously on fire. she is one of the best dressed models lately.
    camilla belle: i love you so much. keep looking good.
    melissa george looks so fab and fierce. fierce in white…that’s a great feat.
    selita doesn’t look that bad with the makeup, she does look pretty…but it is so strange to see her wearing so much makeup when we know she definitely doesn’t need an ounce of it.

12. robbie June 18, 2009 at 16:06 #

ali, the print is gorgeous. for once someone wearing herve leger without making it look cheap and tacky.

alexis, i like the dress but im in love with her shoes, those are gorgeous.

maggie, the dress is pretty. her shoes are louboutin by the way they are called “carnaval”.

hilary, pure perfection everything is great. especially the dress is is stunning.

camilla, i like it apart from the shoes. what i dont understand is why she is wearing a necklace since her dress is covering it.

lake, it is just terrible all of it. but those shoes need burnt at the stake. those are hideous really. the clutch is bad and the dress is just wrong.

amber, the dress is gorgeous but the tights do ruin this look. im more annoyed about how unoriginal she was with her accessories… black wow original *rolls eyes*.

melissa, i love the dress but the shoes again where is the originality? bt she looks beautiful.

selita, i really dont know about this one. hair is nice, make-up is way too much for her. the outfit is okay the shoes though they are too clunky for my liking.

13. Hannah June 18, 2009 at 16:58 #

I have never liked the shoulder-pad trend until I saw Ali Larter in that dress. She just has the perfect body for the trend, unlike most of the girls I’ve seen trying to do this. I like it so much, I can even overlook the shoes.

14. Cara June 18, 2009 at 17:59 #

Ali Larter is wearing an Erickson Beamon necklace

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2009 at 22:33 #

thanks so much

15. Flixer June 18, 2009 at 21:15 #

Once I finnaly recovered and started breathing again after seeing Ali Larter looking so breathtaking, I scrolled down… so now I’m trying to pick up my jaw, so I can get up to go and get a towel to wipe up some of the drool on my chin.

Phew, what an exhausting post to read – thank you for making this a really good day FC. Nothing to perk up the mood like your blog!

Oh, and I agree about Melissa George…

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2009 at 22:30 #

bless you. You are too kind :)

16. belle June 18, 2009 at 21:39 #

I love Alexis’ dress but Hilary Rhoda is perfection.

• Gasp July 3, 2009 at 22:20 #

Alexis’ dress in black with long sleeves is available on LuisaViaRoma (preorder €6.136)!!

17. jen June 18, 2009 at 23:35 #

camilla’s dress is from the resort 2010 max azria collection except it is shown in black http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/2010RST-MACOLL/?loop=0&iphoto=38&play=false&cnt=3

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2009 at 23:50 #

thanks I was just about to update the post

18. tanya June 19, 2009 at 00:19 #

OMG! Did you guys notice Maggie’s shoes? GIGANTIC RUFFLES ON THE BACK? YES PLEASE! Does anyone know who they’re by / where i can see a better photo of them?

• Fashion Critic June 19, 2009 at 00:34 #

Sorry I should have said. They are Christian Louboutin Carnaval heels

19. tanya June 19, 2009 at 00:21 #

wait just read robbie’s comment above. d/w

20. lara June 19, 2009 at 02:05 #

I love Melissa George but I am having deja vu – hasn’t she worn a very similar dress during the last few months? I have an image of her wearing a similar black version with the high neckline and more structured shoulder details…?

21. ben June 19, 2009 at 07:24 #

Melissa George looks amazing in my opinion, it’s something that shouldn’t work. but it does. Finally someone who’s taking some risks – that is risks that dont involve leather pants or gladiator sandals. THEY ARE NOT RISKS.

22. antoneLLina June 19, 2009 at 11:58 #

ali larter is ssssssssssssmokin’ hot! and ì, very very important think, absolutely not trashy. how can she do?
    hot hot hot and chic all in one. can you imagine her ensamble on megan fox or paris hilton?

23. whitestroke June 24, 2009 at 16:24 #

My favorite here: Maggie Grace.

Camilla Belle – Oh wow. Someone is wearing a GREEN version of the BLACK runway dress. And not the other way around.

Melissa George – I think I was pissing and moaning over this once before, but I REALLY dislike such heels with high straps on short legs. For obvious reasons.