Who Wore Karen Millen Better? Amy Poehler or Kathy Griffin

Actress and comedienne Amy Poehler looked beautiful when she attended The 2009 Gracie Awards Gala in New York earlier this month.

She glowed wearing a champagne coloured Karen Millen stretch satin dress with dramatic folded shoulder line on the sleeves.

Copper bejeweled heels, and a classy updo completed her look.

Kathy Griffin wore the same dress is an stunning electric blue colour, when she arrived at he Ed Sullivan theater in New York for her appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman”.

The comedienne wore her dress with a black leather belt, and YSL Trib Two slingbacks.

I do adore the electric blue version as it stands out more, plus Kathy’s seems to fit better so she wins for me.

This dress is currently available from on sale at KarenMillen.com for £110 in these 4 colours. I’m so in love with blue. I have to find it.

Credit: INFevents.com & Wireimage

In Hayden Panettiere Closet - Topshop Denim Dress

In Hayden Panettiere Closet – Topshop Denim Dress

Jimmy Choo For H&M

Jimmy Choo For H&M

7 Responses to Who Wore Karen Millen Better? Amy Poehler or Kathy Griffin

1. GossipLicious June 17, 2009 at 08:26 #

I love the blue one and the belt takes the dress appart. Amy looks like a lady and Kathy looks modern and elegant at the same time.

Fashion Critic some hours ago was the Chanel A/W 09/10 at Tokyo, Japan, I have some pics on my site but they are all over the agencies, I’m new to your site, do you make comments about the runways and collections?. I love some pieces, wow, but this is not the thread, you can edit this part if you want and my apologies since English is not my first language. Love, love, love your site.

Thanks. :)

• Fashion Critic June 17, 2009 at 09:18 #

Hey GossipLicious,

Yes I do review runway shows, but I have reviewed that one already when it was shown in Paris.

Your English is fine. I understand you perfectly

Thanks ;)

2. robbie June 17, 2009 at 12:12 #

kathy all thw way, the colour works great on her and with her hair. although i will forgive her for the shoes, makes a nice change to see the slingback version.

i love the red version, although i think i will give this dress a miss. gotta save every penny from now til novemeber :-P.

3. Ally June 17, 2009 at 12:57 #

I feel dirty for voting for Kathy for anything, but the dress really does look better on her. The color/length of Amy’s dress make her look really short and her hair is letting her down. It looks almost identical to the hair she had in the episode of P&R where she went to a barber to get an updo.

4. r1ma June 17, 2009 at 13:13 #

I doubt you’d see that dress now on any respectable fashionista after those two have worn it.

I think they are funny, Kathy at least, but I wouldn’t want to wear something that theyv”e worn. How embarassing.

5. Raquel June 18, 2009 at 02:12 #

Kathy looks much bette and I would wear this dress in a second if someone gave it me!

I don’t think it suits Amy, shelooks matronly.

6. Erika June 21, 2009 at 20:22 #

Haha, I agree with Ally, Amy’s totally rocking “The Mayor” by Salvadore! I think they both look great but the belt probablt makes the dress better.