17.06.09

Social Events Of The Week

“L.A. Candy” Book Signing, LA

Returning to her natural roots Lauren Conrad signed copies of her book “L.A. Candy” By Lauren Conrad for fans at the Grove yesterday.

Sporting a familiar hairstyle the former ‘Hills’ star wore a satin black mini-skirt, black Louboutin’s and a tie dyed batwing sleeved blouse.

It is me or does Lauren seem sincerely happy?  I guess not having to film the Hills is a welcome relief for her.

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Premiere, Sydney

Isabel Lucas split from her co-stars to promote “Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen” in Australia this week.

Whilst Megan Fox was dazzling the crowd in a bright fuschia pink Armani Privé dress, the Australian actress opted for a black embroidered Marchesa Fall 2009 jumpsuit.

Eh??? Jumpsuit I hear you say. Surprisingly this is a jumpsuit or a playsuit as I like to call the short versions.

On Isabel it’s hard to appreciate the embroidered detail because her playsuit has a black lining the runway version doesn’t have.

Tights, Jimmy Choo Tahiti glitter peep-toe pumps and a black headband completed the look.

‘Coco Avant Chanel’ Australian Premiere

Lara Bingle opted for one piece from the Chanel Fall 2009 collection to attend this premiere.

Her black bouclé jacket had white and black ruffled cuff detail, but thankfully not the white collar.

I don’t think the collar would have worked with her casual look of jeans and YSL ankle boots.

Carol’s Daughter Hand And Foot Spa, New York

Rihanna attended this opening wearing a very smart ensemble.

She teamed a sexy figure hugging slate grey A.L.C Twisty dress with a tailored Preen Hawk wool blazer and cute polka dot peep-toe heels.

It’s such a shame her wild hair is such a distraction from all that’s good about this look.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Jada Pinkett-Smith looked outstanding wearing a figure-hugging khaki Dolce & Gabbana strapless bustier dress with metallic skyscraper heels.

Jada’s body looks amazing and this dress full appreciates her stunning figure.

It looks like she has eased up on the weights which I’m very thankful for.

Celebration Dinner Honoring 2009 Los Angeles Film Festival Keyote Films, LA

Here’s another Dolce & Gabbana dress, this time it black and worn by Scarlett Johansson.

I love the ruched detail which runs down the front of her fitted dress and the cute puffy shoulders.

Gold satin peep toe pumps complete the look.

Hopefully we’ll see her wearing more colourful dresses in the future.

“Bruno” Paris Premiere

For some reason Isla Fisher’s reminds me of a mermaid in her strapless sea-green embellished Julien McDonald dress.

I think this is one of her worst ever red carpet looks.

The dress is looks like something you could pick up in a market plus her hair and make-up are just awful. Hugely disappointed in her.

Credit: London Features, Fame Pictures & Wireimage

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Kristen Bell or Sigourney Weaver

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Kristen Bell or Sigourney Weaver

Lauren Conrad Wears Laila Azhar On "The View"

Lauren Conrad Wears Laila Azhar On “The View”

28 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Lara June 17, 2009 at 20:47 #

Agree with you on Lauren, she really seems happy.

Rihanna’s hair looks like a birdnest.

2. nicole June 17, 2009 at 20:54 #

Lauren looks super cute! I really like her outfit very appropriate for a book signing…
    Rihanna im lovin these less ott edgy looks from her. this has to be my fav look after that wang dress she wore… but THE HAIR!!! ugh
    Jada is one hot mama. she looks amazing.

the rest are horrible. isla really looks bad what happened to her fab shopaholic self.

3. Davor June 17, 2009 at 21:42 #

Rihanna’s hair is getting higher and higher every week… Only sky is a limit… lol

4. heather ♥ June 17, 2009 at 21:42 #

LOOOVING Lauren and Rihanna’s looks! (minus the hair)

5. Irene June 17, 2009 at 22:09 #

Scarlett looks like a 50 year old lady! It’s her hair. She’s so beautiful… Why she does it with herself? She totally hides her beauty, sexiness and charisma in this dress and hair color.
    And I just can’t understand what’s wrong about Isla. For me she looks so natural and shining.

6. danielezka June 17, 2009 at 22:19 #

“Headbands will never been the same after Paris Hilton overused them during Cannes Film Festival.”

could’t agree more. ;)

• Fashion Critic June 17, 2009 at 22:25 #

;)

7. robbie June 17, 2009 at 22:21 #

lauren, actually looks nice for once.

isabel, why couldnt shge have gotten nude lining, atleast then we could see the gorgeous detail. i hate when people modify clothes like that and ruin them. plus the tights ruin it for me. shoes are cute.

lara, i like it from the neck down and ankles up. the boots are hideous and the hair is a little too casual for me.

rihanna, she always ruins her outfits lately with her hair. she needs to just stop trying too hard with her hair. her shoes are cute, i think they might be brian atwood. it looks similar to a shoe he has made.

jada, she looks great but is it just me or does her dress seem to be a little tight up top it seems to slighty flatten the top of her boobs. nice shoes i have to say plus her skin looks flawless.

scarlett, so god damn bored of her. but thank god she got rid of the blonde hair and the whole marilyn monroe image.

isla, its all a mess really. tacky dress, ugly shoes and bad hair.

8. Tania Lightbourne June 17, 2009 at 23:06 #

Jade looks fabulous

9. robbie June 17, 2009 at 23:21 #

oh forgot to say isabel is wearinmg jimmy choo “tahiti” shoes, which are on the jimmy choo website.

• Fashion Critic June 17, 2009 at 23:52 #

you are a Jimmy Choo freak :)

Thanks

10. Linda June 18, 2009 at 00:00 #

Jada’s dress doesn’t fit in the bodice at all. It needs to be wider and the cups shaped differently for her breasts. If that was accomplished, I would love it.

11. zoe June 18, 2009 at 00:08 #

it really is so nice to see lauren smile like that! i’m sure filming the hills really wasn’t all that great. everyone wants to just be able to live their life. having cameras around all the time is tiring.

what is up with scarlett’s hair?

12. SarahV June 18, 2009 at 00:20 #

I don’t see what’s so horrible about Isla’s look! I mean, she doesn’t blow me away here, but she doesn’t look that bad either.

13. alannah June 18, 2009 at 01:09 #

nice posting FC!
    was sarah murdoch wearing chanel too at the aus premier?

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2009 at 07:24 #

I believe she is

14. Beatrice June 18, 2009 at 01:21 #

Can someone ID Lauren’s dress she wore to Conan?

15. Raquel June 18, 2009 at 01:57 #

Jada’s dress dress is crushing her breasts, therefore ruining her stunning figure.

I don’t mind Rihanna’s hair as much as I detest whatever Lara did not do with her hair. That wasn’t even combed!

16. mol June 18, 2009 at 02:09 #

The Marchesa as it is on the model looks beautiful, the shoes too. I agree with Robbie and Linda re the fit of the bodice on Jada’s dress, don’t like the high waist either.

As for Scarlett – cut that dress low on the bust, let her hair down and she’s good to go…but as is, she looks strangely like a cartoon character…..

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2009 at 07:21 #

I agree about ScarJo’s dress, but once a star gets married its like they think they have to dress like a nun

17. Louisa June 18, 2009 at 02:50 #

Oh wow everyone here looks FABULOUS especially Jada and Rihanna! Lara Bingle has made such an improvement since hiring a stylist from Harpers BAZAAR Australia. Her look has gone from ‘too tight/too short’ to stylish sex kitten!

Only disappointments are Isla Fisher (for reasons already stated by FC and others) and Isabel Lucas – she looks far too ‘in costume’ and i dislike tights in open toe shoes… Nevertheless, happy to see the fashion of Aussie girls other than Nicole and Cate being talked about!

18. Louisa June 18, 2009 at 02:52 #

By the way, are there any other pictures from the Australian premiere of Coco Avant Chanel?

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2009 at 07:19 #

yes there were others

19. pandar June 18, 2009 at 10:18 #

What’s wrong with Scarlett? She looks soooo slim and her head is like a big pin.

Eat, girl, eat!

20. Ally June 18, 2009 at 13:03 #

I actually prefer Scarlett as a blonde. The dark colors just make her look way too pale. If she wants to go red, I wish she would pick a lighter auburn.

21. Lucie June 18, 2009 at 13:57 #

I am really dissappointed in Scarlett and Isla, I usually like both of them because of their unique looks. I hope they get back to their best soon.

Ali Larter looks sensational from the knees up!

22. april June 19, 2009 at 13:21 #

I love the style of LC in these photos! She’s so cute! I love the dress of Isabel Lucas too and for me the black opaque tights makes the sparkly shoes very pop! and in australia now it’s winter!

23. whitestroke June 24, 2009 at 16:10 #

Isabel Lucas – Thank you for ruining the best piece from that collection. URGH.

Scarlett Johansson – Yes, it’s black, but I really love this look on her. She looks adorable and her figure never looked better.