16.06.09 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The CFDA Awards?

Red Carpet Trends - White Pant Suits

Red Carpet Trends – White Pant Suits

In Hayden Panettiere Closet - Topshop Denim Dress

In Hayden Panettiere Closet – Topshop Denim Dress

29 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The CFDA Awards?

1. Pez Globo June 16, 2009 at 19:14 #

I was between Zoe and Doutzen Kroes.
    I love everything about Zoe look but Doutzen choice has really impressed me. She does look fierce plus it’s a hard dress to pull off. So my vote goes for her.

2. renyV June 16, 2009 at 20:10 #

This was hard. I love Zoe, Blake and Whitney.

3. Sabina June 16, 2009 at 20:33 #

Out of these ladies, it’s definitely Blake for me, but in general, i would pick Heidi Klum as my best dressed, she was glowing, and looked so gorgeous!

4. nicole June 16, 2009 at 20:54 #

my order would be blake, zoe whitney and diane
    very close !

5. mol June 16, 2009 at 21:12 #

Doutzen Kroes – not originally my fav, but the more i look at it – there’s a lot of sophisticated layers here, very painterly.

6. robbie June 16, 2009 at 21:31 #

out of those, none. molly sims was best dressed in my opinion. not even diane wowed me which is strange.

7. Hélène June 16, 2009 at 21:32 #

Diane can do no wrong, she is always so impeccable.

8. Tania June 16, 2009 at 21:36 #

It was between Diane and Zoe for me, chose Diane because I would have worn that dress it’s red and fun.

9. Chiara Popalopa June 16, 2009 at 22:24 #

It’s funny, my favorite are Kirsten Dunst and Claire Danes. What does she do, how come she has a great body like that? I like Blake too, but mostly because of the color of the dress, and I’m not found of the nude shoes. Zoe dress is nice but a little too simple. Same for Diane Kruger’s.

10. zoe June 16, 2009 at 22:44 #

for me it was between blake lively and maggie grace.
    i absolutely love this look on blake but i voted maggie grace because i loved her hair AND her outfit. blake’s hair looks like it could have been paid more attention to.

11. Linda June 16, 2009 at 23:31 #

Ooh, that was a tough one. So many beautiful looks! For me it was between zoe and Diane, and Diane was just a level above the others, as usual.

12. Lala/S-R June 17, 2009 at 03:16 #

Well, the competion is on between Diane Kruger, Blake Lively, and Zoe Saldana.
    I however voted for Ashley.
    Hey FC, you mentioned that you’d “…love to see them [Olsen Twins] in something off-the-runway more often..” I think it’s great that the Olsen twins generally do not feel the need to wear pieces off the runway. I love celebs who aren’t confined to designer/runway pieces. Plus, vintage pieces are sometimes one of a kind, whereas with runway pieces you are more likley to see numerous celebs in them. And who wants that? Look at the current Balmain trend. You know what I mean?

• Fashion Critic June 17, 2009 at 09:27 #

I know what you mean :)

It would be nice to mix things up more often.

13. AJoanna June 17, 2009 at 03:30 #

I voted for Zoe. I LOVE the dress, and she looks so freakin’ cute in it. :)

14. Jackie June 17, 2009 at 06:34 #

How does Diane do it? I LOVE her dress choice. I’d choose different shoes but her’s are fine!

I chose Maggie Grace because I really like her dress and the way she wore it! Also because you mentioned something along the lines of her stepping out of her comfort zone which she looked great doing! LOVE the look.

My runner ups:
    Ashley looks great! She hardly ever does to me so this is something new.

Blake looks lovely! Sexy without cleavage. She could do something about that weird head to the side pose though!

Zoe Saldana looks lovely in that dress but something about it doesn’t wow me and I can’t quite put my finger on it. Have we seen to much of this color on her or something? That might be it? OR it might be the shoes? I’d definitely pick different ones although her choice isn’t bad at all. I can’t believe how bad this dress looked on the runway. I wish Zoe would have used some sort of bra or stickies or whatever.

Kirsten Dunst does not WEAR this Rodarte piece. Simply doesn’t work for me. I don’t see the attitude!

15. Mint June 17, 2009 at 07:08 #

I think you’re far too generous to Blake. Sure, she looks great this time, but I’ll eat my floppy felt DKNY hat if this is the start of something new and wonderful. It’ll be like that outing to the Letterman Show when she wore that other gorgeous magenta dress. Furthermore, it’s that horrid posing that ruins everything. Is her head permantly tilted at that same angle? It’s the same posing every time. Boring!

Diane can do no wrong. She hits the nail on the head every time. Plus, I thought Ashley Olsen looked unusually fabulous. That dress suits her perfectly, imo, and in no way does it overwhelm her frame.

16. Tropical Breeze June 17, 2009 at 07:30 #

Tracey Ullman in Doo.Ri is just DIVINE. She managed to stand out from that well-dressed crowd. She deserves the tiara.

17. nikita June 17, 2009 at 08:17 #

I rarely like Kirsten’s looks, but she was great here. Zoe’s outfit was among the best too! but Blake gets my vote ;)

Maybe I’m biased because I just saw her in a film called Elvis and Anabelle and I was really impressed (and she looked really beautiful for a 17-year-old, back when the film was made).

18. GossipLicious June 17, 2009 at 08:50 #

Tough call between Doutzen in Zac Posen and Claire in Narciso Rodriguez.

Wow. I guess i’ll stick to Claire since is more “wearable” -in fact i can picture myself on it- :D but that red Zac Posen dress is really dramatic and I would say appropriated for the type of occassion and has beautiful spanish reminiscences; sometimes ones gets really bored with everybody wearing “the same” so dresses like this are really appreciated.

Sorry to say that I didn’t like Maggie on Christian Siriano and less w/ the belt, looks to me like an hybrid between a poisoned flower and a cotton candy. Is not working for me as is not Kristen in Rodarte, don’t get me wrong I do like the dress I just I don’t like that dress on her, don’t ask me why but it does reminds me a mummy with that pale skin and those shoes, don’t know, I don’t and will never see Kristen as a trendy girl but rather as a person born to wear flawless Chanel and Dior gawns all the way, the more vintage the best and as for Tracey IMO she didn’t worked this beautiful red DooRi dress, she does not look elegant, the dress is wearing her.

19. miwa June 17, 2009 at 09:43 #

Where’s Anja? I thought she and Diane looked the best.

20. Alice[*] June 17, 2009 at 09:46 #

My vote goes to Blake ;)

21. Lily June 17, 2009 at 10:29 #

WOW! Blake looks gorgeous in the hot pink. She really needs to know how to pose properly though…

And Diane and Ashley looks amazing as always. :)

22. shubby doo June 17, 2009 at 12:49 #

i was stuck between diane, blake and zoe…in the end i picked blake!!!

23. DM June 17, 2009 at 13:10 #

Seems like I’m the only who picked Whitney Port here! I voted for her because she looks so much, much better than she does usually on this site, and the delicate beading and flattering sillhouette + her makeup are really flattering. Second, Zoe, she is SO beautiful even in such a floaty simple dress. Also liked Ashely in that wonderful color, her eyes stand out, and Blake Lively’s dress color also flatters.

24. Nikki June 17, 2009 at 14:05 #

Loved Zoe, Diane, and Anya.

I agree Mint. Blake’s outfits are still boring. Sure it’s a step up from her past looks but there’s nothing special there. Glad that she covered the girls though and didn’t expose her legs too much.

25. LolaSvelt June 18, 2009 at 09:32 #

What the hell at Blake Lively winning? She wore a cute pink dress, nothing more. Diane Kruger and Kirsten Dunst looked much better!

• nikita June 18, 2009 at 18:40 #

yes, but i think sometimes simplicity really stands out. Just making something simple work looks great. Or maybe they just like her ;)

26. whitestroke June 24, 2009 at 15:52 #

Definitely Kirsten Dunst.

27. trix!b4 July 11, 2009 at 05:05 #

Above all,Blake Lively takes the cake.She looks absolutely gorgeous in that dress.A sweetheart in pink.LOVE HER!!!!