15.06.09

Women In Film’s 2009 Crystal And Lucy Awards

Excuse me whilst I pick my chin off the floor.

I’ve waited my whole lifetime for Jennifer Aniston to wow me, and she does wearing this Prada Spring 2009 silver metallic crushed dress.

What I love about this look the most is the confidence she exudes. It’s oozing from every pore and for me that’s more captivating than the colour and the cut.

Jen could have gone for the safer runway dress as it’s in her favourite colour – Black, but she not only opted for the silver dress, but a shorten silver dress plus she didn’t press it like Nicole Kidman did.

This may not sit well with Jennifer Aniston’s loyal fans as this is such a huge departure from her usual style, but I love it.

Oh and I hate to be crude, but where did those twins sprout from?

This is the first time in a long time that Amber Valletta has proved her supermodel status.

She hasn’t impressed me much on her last few outings, but she works it out in this maroon sequined Proenza Schouler 2009 Pre-Fall dress.

I love the colour the cut-outs in the shoulders, and the contrast exposed zipper at the back.

She completed her look with her hair tied back with sweeping bangs, whilst wearing black patent Brian Atwood “Maniac” pumps and carrying a feathered Raven Kauffman Couture clutch.

Like Jennifer Aniston, I would have bet on Jodie Foster picking the black runway version of this Giorgio Armani Fall 2009 dress. But instead she wore a grey satin, shadow-print version with complementary strappy sandals and clutch.

Her dress is exquisite with the origami folds on the bodice, and the daring low cut.

I love that these women are stepping out of their comfort-zones at this event.

Chelsea Handler wore a two-tone Lanvin Spring 2009 dress, with satin champagne strappy heels.

We’re not used to seeing Chelsea this polished and spectacular, but she pulls this look off with great aplomb.

I hope she keeps up this sophisticated style of dressing, as I could really warm to her.

Mary McCormack tried to bring this grey strapless Yves Saint Laurent Spring 2008 dress up-to-date with a cage belt and YSL Trib Two’s.

It’s a nice look, but we’ve seen this dress so many, many, many times before.

Michelle Trachtenberg wore a Reem Acra knee-length dress covered in gold sequined leaf details and a contrasting waist band.

Her dress which she wears with black open-toes heels is nice enough, but it feels a bit too old for her.

Jenny McCartney looked out-friggin-standing wearing this crisp white pant suit.

Even though she has been dressing so sophisticatedly for a while now, I’m still always surprised at her fabulous looks.

Hair, make-up earrings, clutch, everything is perfect. My only bug-bear are her extremely long pants. I hate the thought of them picking up dirty as they drag on the floor.

Of all these looks Dania Ramirez’ is the one I would definitely purchase to go shopping at the mall on a sunny day. I love this summery look with the white tube top, floral tulip skirt and purple accessories, but it’s feels too casual for the red carpet.

Terri Seymour showed off that enivalbe figure wearing a coral RM by Roland Mouret Fluro dress with pleated neckline knee-length dress, paired with black patent pumps.

Selena Gomez wore a simple black H&M tank dress, with equally simple black pumps.

Elizabeth Banks set the bar really high for her red carpet looks during Cannes Film Festival, but I’m not really enjoying this look on her at all.

Her sparkling MaxMara dress is nice enough, but I have never been a fan of a sheer yoke. Reminds me too much of ice-skaters.

The actress completed her look with satin black pumps and a matching clutch.

Keke Palmer wore a printed maxi dress, which she accessorized with peacock earrings.

I really don’t like this dress as too much going on with the clashing prints plus those earrings are just hideous and so unnecessary.

Lynn Collins’ invite must have said fancy dress.

Christina Hendricks has such a stunning figure, and she embraces colour in many of her looks.

With that said I can’t help but be really disappointed with her all black, all boring look at this event, when so many women really step it up a notch.

[nggallery id=74]

Credit: Wireimage

In Mary McCormack's Closet - Yves Saint Laurent Grey Dress & Cage Belt

In Mary McCormack’s Closet – Yves Saint Laurent Grey Dress & Cage Belt

12th Annual Shanghai International Film Festival

12th Annual Shanghai International Film Festival

21 Responses to Women In Film’s 2009 Crystal And Lucy Awards

1. Alexis June 15, 2009 at 10:20 #

I just had one of those ‘wow’ moments with Jennifer Aniston. Her terrific figure deserves to wear more than black dresses, the result is amazing.
    I also love Amber’s dress.

2. Lara June 15, 2009 at 10:44 #

Jennifer looks stunning. She just looks so confident, i just hope she would always dress like that.

btw, i always laugh when you say you don’t like sheer yokes, because i used to be a skater, and i also think that sheer yoke is too much like figure skating. :D

• Fashion Critic June 15, 2009 at 11:07 #

That’s so cute ;)

3. Pen Pen June 15, 2009 at 10:59 #

Thanks so much for featuring the event <3 <3 <3

4. fopa June 15, 2009 at 11:27 #

Oh My Gosh!! Jennifer Aniston! THANK YOU!

• r1ma June 15, 2009 at 11:58 #

I am really starting to warm up to this Prada collection. Who knew Jenn would be the one to convince me!

5. Boeshane June 15, 2009 at 11:48 #

“Oh and I hate to be crude, but where did those twins sprout from?” ^^

Jennifer Aniston is amazing. It’s a great unusual choice.

• Tania June 15, 2009 at 12:36 #

“Oh and I hate to be crude, but where did those twins sprout from?”

She most properely always had them but because she usually dresses so bland, they weren’t noticeable before. I ♥♥♥♥♥ how she looks in this dress eventhough I think the dress in Gold would have suited her better, eventhough a fab choice and definately getting my vote for best dress of the week just for effort ☻

• Fashion Critic June 15, 2009 at 12:39 #

True lol ;)

6. elle June 15, 2009 at 11:51 #

selena is so annoyinggg

7. Ally June 15, 2009 at 13:06 #

Love Michelle’s dress, but she is super pale like me and the gold kind of washes her out. Perhaps it would have been better in another color, like lime green or a deep blue.

8. Maria June 15, 2009 at 16:18 #

Thanks for posting!
    Jennifer Aniston is amazing, I love what she is wearing!

9. robbie June 15, 2009 at 18:03 #

jennifer, im in shock she isnt wearing black for once and she actually looks hot.

amber, i like the dress its rather pretty. the shoes are predictable the clutch though is fabulous.

jodie, she looks drop dead gorgeous glad she didnt wear black.

chelsea, i love the dress she looks really good although the shoes im not sure about those.

mary, gorgeous dress UGLY shoes. my aunt recently got given those shoes as a present and hates them lol.

michelle, the dress is pretty but i would have expected someone her age to wear nicer shoes.

jenny, WOW that is all i can say. best dressed of the week possibly ;-). but a suit in summer, she must have been hot in that.

dania, way too casual, plus it doesnt help that i hate tube tops.

terri, what exactly does she do? why is she on the red carpet? nice dress but black shoes! jeez cant anyone find nicer shoes these days.

selena, she let me down i always expect her to be cute, bright colours and funky but this is bland.

elizbeth, from the neck up i love it but from the neck down i hate it, plus the sheer yoke is off putting.

keke, i actually like the earrings and the dress just not together. she is beautiful though and least she wore something summery.

lynn, i cant take anyone serious when they wear a tophat on the red carpet. fedora is fine but a tophat seriously lol.

christina, i love the hair and make-up. with a figure like hers she needs to show it off more. i love her hair colour though.

10. DM June 15, 2009 at 18:03 #

JENNIFER ANISTON IS DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS!!

11. zzarazza June 15, 2009 at 18:55 #

WOW, Jen, I’m pleasantly shocked! This is fantastic look on her, really fantastic.

12. mol June 15, 2009 at 19:00 #

I absolutely love Amber Valletta’s look, and Jodie Foster looks the best I’ve ever seen her – she’s such a class act!

Opps, guess i like figure skater style, cause Elizabeth Banks looks great to me. Even worse, as far as my out-of-synch fashion sense goes, something about Lynnn Collins still intrigues me, even with that ridiculous hat!

13. Ahot June 15, 2009 at 20:26 #

all i can think when i see those twins is: wonderbra babe, wonderbra!

14. Raquel June 15, 2009 at 20:45 #

Whoever dressed Selena needs to be fire. Dressing a 16 years old like a 35 houswife? No, no.

15. Kristen June 15, 2009 at 23:41 #

Jennifer is astonishing! She just gets better and better!

But I have to disagree with you on Jenny McCarthy’s look – I just feel like the white suit has been done somany times, that it’s become tired and cliche.

However, she is looking great – I almost mistook her for Carrie Underwood, who’s probably ten years younger than Jenny.

16. Maria June 16, 2009 at 18:00 #

Actually, I don’t like Jennifer’s look, but I really like Keke’s dress….without the earrings.

17. whitestroke June 20, 2009 at 19:57 #

I’m not impressed by Jennifer and Amber. I just don’t like Jennifer’s dress, period. Not my thing. Amber’s dress is interesting, but she fails to work it, in my opinion.

My fav one here is actually Christina. So go figure!