15.06.09 Premiere

‘Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen’ Germany Premiere & Paris Photocall

On Sunday evening Megan Fox arrived at the ‘Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen’ Germany premiere wearing a Roberto Cavalli maroon gown with a thigh high split, plus a gold snake framing the cut-out detail on her hip.

I really dislike the whole look.  Many of you will argue that this is look is not too dissimilar to the Donna Karan look I voted Best Dressed of The Week, and I will strongly disagree.

This look feels a bit desperate.  Megan and her stylist seem to have gotten drunk on the compliments from the Donna Karan look, and they tried to make lightening strike twice. It didn’t.

The only thing working for me here are the leg lengthening nude Brian Atwood heels.

There’s looking sexy and being overtly sexy that it borders on tacky, this is very much the latter.  It feels so unnaturally forced.

On Friday evening Megan attended the photocall in Paris, wearing an Alberta Ferretti Pre-Fall 2009 printed knee-length dress with bronze peep-toe pumps.

I like this look, and much prefer her dress to the runway version.

There’s not a hint of desperation here. The dress is simple, sexy and elegant, and much preferred out of these two looks.

[nggallery id=75]

Credit: Getty, Fame & Wireimage

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Megan Fox At The "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" UK Premiere

Megan Fox At The “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” UK Premiere

29 Responses to ‘Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen’ Germany Premiere & Paris Photocall

1. robbie June 15, 2009 at 16:09 #

do i see nipples showing through that tacky robert cavalli dress? i am sick and tired of those f*cking snakes on most of his clothes, it just makes his designs even more tacky.

the alberta ferretti dress is gorgeous though, it is stunning! classy but still sexy without being overly trashy and skanky.

2. robbie June 15, 2009 at 16:10 #

also forgot to add is it just me that prefers her hair to be more curly, like with the farretti dress, rather than tight and tied back like the cavalli dress.

she looks softer and prettier with her hair flowing.

3. Swatky June 15, 2009 at 16:11 #

I truly disliked her past look, and I don’t like this one either… It’s so overpushed, she is tacky and tasteless… She is desperately trying to get some needed attention, but failed to make it in the right light. I hated her from the very first moment she has tried to immitate Angelina Jolie… She just gave credit to my words here…

4. Gaber June 15, 2009 at 16:41 #

While she didn’t do anything for me in DK last week, I REALLY love the Cavalli dress from the front. The side is a bit iffy, but from the front – hot damn!

5. Alicia June 15, 2009 at 16:46 #

I’m glad someone’s willing to tell it like it is, FC. She’s already so ridiculously sexy, this just feels like overkill…especially with the nips. Who is she, Heather Graham?

6. Iris June 15, 2009 at 16:57 #

she tries waaay too hard to be seen as sexy and hot and whatever.
    no matter what she wears, that marilyn monroe tattoo turns everything into tacky.

7. r1ma June 15, 2009 at 17:14 #

Is it just me, or does her face look all sorts of pastic and melted during this press tour?..maybe it is the shotty make up, but her face looks so wierd to me.

• Willa June 15, 2009 at 17:57 #

It’s probably the pounds of make-up she wears. She does have a lovely face, but very bad skin, and often wears tons of make-up to cover it up.

It doesn’t help that she never smiles, with that weird glare/stare thing permanently stuck on her face.

• r1ma June 16, 2009 at 04:58 #

it is janice dickinson in the first picture…I couldn’t put my finger on it but that is janice dickinson in the cavalli!

• Fashion Critic June 16, 2009 at 07:05 #

hilarious

8. Rock*Star June 15, 2009 at 17:27 #

OMG! she’s almost naked. She ddnt leave much to the imagination, like u would say:P

She’s the sexiest girl out there. She could’ve looked good in almost everything. This look is waaaaaaaay tacky. What was she thinking!! she already got all the attention in the world! what else does she want! more attention!

And the hair makes her look ugly. Her long locks makes her look pretty.

PS: I voted for her for the previous best dressed poll. Coz she realy did look AMAZING!

I hope she upgrades herself next time. Coz I believed she wld continue looking amazing! not sure now..

9. André June 15, 2009 at 17:46 #

I must say that I disagree with you on the Roberto Cavalli dress. While I find it sexy, I don’t find the look to be trashy or tacky. The colour is lovely and the nude coloured heels are complement the look perfectly.

I much prefer this look to her in the purple Donna Karan dress, to be honest.

• zzarazza June 15, 2009 at 19:00 #

Agree. I hated that purple look. I think, what she needed was better hair-do – it’s too harsh for her.

10. Ally June 15, 2009 at 18:27 #

This dress has the same problem that I had with the purple Donna Karan, but to an even more extreme degree. When you have that high of a slit, you do NOT need to emphasis it by sticking your leg out! And that cut out is insanely tacky. She also needs to invest in nipple covers…

11. Sara June 15, 2009 at 18:36 #

Does she have a tattoo with Marilyn or I see it wrong ?

• Fashion Critic June 15, 2009 at 19:45 #

yes. strangely it is Marilyn’s head

12. mol June 15, 2009 at 19:14 #

I agree with Andre. She looks to me like old style hollywood, an Ava Gardner sorta girl. Really, she’s meant to be sexy as heck so I don’t get all the fuss!

i liked the Donna Karan dress too, but the jewel tone made me think too much of winter; perhaps less nipple showing with the Cavalli dress would have been good, and i wish her tattoos weren’t so visible in a way that contradicts her dress choices, but nevertheless, a gorgeous girl!

13. AJoanna June 15, 2009 at 19:14 #

Yeah, the first dress is really tacky, especially since she’s obviously not wearing underwear. X( She’s trying too hard.

14. Discount Sexy Costume June 15, 2009 at 19:17 #

Megan Fox is a bomb shell, but that dress like someone else said, leaves her almost naked lol.

I am just not feeling her hair cut, dress is pretty sexy tho.

15. electra June 15, 2009 at 20:32 #

I think Megan Fox never looked better. Her Donna Karan dress was amazing, but this Roberto Cavalli is even more amazing. My jaw literally hit the floor when i saw her.

She’s hot and she knows it. This is not tasteless or tacky at all, atleast not in my eyes.

16. Elaine June 16, 2009 at 02:15 #

I think if her nipples aren’t showing and the split is a lil bit lower, she would’ve looked sophisticated and sexy, but I don’t hate this look though.

I agree with the above comments, despite her looking gorgeous, her face always look very plastic for me for some very odd reason. Like when Jessica Alba was the IT girl, there was never this feeling…

17. Hannah June 16, 2009 at 02:15 #

When it comes to red carpet dresses, my personal philosophy is that if you’re not an A-cup, you just shouldn’t go without some sort of undergarment. As if that Cavalli wasn’t showing enough.

18. Adam June 16, 2009 at 03:49 #

She looks like a prostitute, albeit a very expensive one.

• Fashion Critic June 16, 2009 at 07:06 #

ouch!

19. John June 16, 2009 at 06:12 #

. I agree with electra. Her hair looks nice pulled sleekly back, her make up (from the pictures you’ve provided) isn’t an over kill at all, the color looks great on her and the heals are fierce.

I must say, i didn’t like the donna karen look, and this one i like. The only thing i would change would take away the snake cut out detail above the hip.

As for the nipple, all i can say is shes having a very victoria beckham moment

20. Alice[*] June 16, 2009 at 10:13 #

Megan knows how to be sexy.Sexy,but not chic,elegant,quite.So she’s boring,she’s always the same super sexy woman with the great eyes and the many tattoos.She should take lessons from Anne Hathaway;and wear a bra perhaps.
    Nice dress though.

21. Flixer June 16, 2009 at 13:41 #

The first thing I thought when I saw the first pic – before I read whet you wrote – was that this is just too much like the Donna Karan look. It makes me sad that a girl with this much potential, would jump on a bandwagon. Even if it is her own.

22. Louisa June 16, 2009 at 13:54 #

Loving the Alberta Ferretti dress at the Paris photo call. The previous two dresses have looked cheap and nasty to me – the big slit up the front combined with her bold leg position is hideous & the colours of both remind me of unfashionable high school prom dressess..

Megan Fox has said she likes being called a ‘sex symbol’ but she does not need to force it down our throats. Real sexiness will shine through a less ostentatious/revealing outfit. That’s the real trick which can only be mastered by some (e.g. Scarlett Johansson, Halle Berry). I don’t think Megan Fox quite has it!

23. whitestroke June 20, 2009 at 20:15 #

I won’t even bother commenting on the trashiness that is the first look.

I don’t like the second look either. The runway outfit is very chic, while Megan works it AGAIN in her trademark tacky/sex symbol-like/GQ babe style. I don’t like that kind of style, that’s not fashionable for me, and I doubt I will ever like anything she puts on.