Best Dressed Of The Week – Anne Hathaway & Megan Fox

“Purple Megan isn’t going to win? I’m shocked. It really was a WOW moment.” Alexandra said

I totally share Alexandra’s surprise because for me Megan Fox had won the second I saw her in this statement making purple Donna Karan gown with its eye-popping thigh-high split.

She really made an impact. So much so that she’s in contention for my Top 10 Best Dressed of the Year.

She managed to changed a lot our opinions, some of you even declared a new girl crush, but she couldn’t fight off Anne Hathaway.

Anne was your Best Dressed this week, wearing an outstanding Oscar de la Renta black strapless dress with red Casadei heels at the 2009 Tony Awards.

Anne Hathaway is always impeccably dressed with stunning in a classic look. She would have been my 3rd choice after Emily Deschanel.

Credit: Wireimage

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

In Coleen Rooney's Closet - Elizabeth & James Tulip Dress

In Coleen Rooney’s Closet – Elizabeth & James Tulip Dress

21 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Anne Hathaway & Megan Fox

1. David June 14, 2009 at 18:21 #

Definitely Megan. I mean, I honestly don’t even like her, she is beautiful, but also quite pushy and she often looks tacky. On the other hand, I adore Anne Hathaway, she’s talented, stylish and so cheerful.
    BUT, we got to stay objective. Anne is wearing a charming prom number, Megan’s dress is the epitome of VAVAVOOM. And then those heels, and her signature raven locks… Please, she’s Lara SuperCroft!

2. Leo June 14, 2009 at 18:21 #

Megan’s dress is beautiful (even if it’s such a Versace deja-vu) but she makes it look so trashy with her pose and the way she carries it. Ok, the dress is showing some leg but you don’t need to be such an attention seeker that you pose exposing it like that.

• Ally June 15, 2009 at 13:04 #

My thoughts exactly. If she had stood up and let the gown be sexy on its own it would have been much better. As it is, she is going all Lisa Rinna on us.

3. KRisten June 14, 2009 at 18:25 #

I agree with you! I love Megan in this DK gown; she looks simply stunning. Anne does look fabulous, but I feel this look is expected of her. Megan’s look comes out of left field for me and I really love this new style she has been sporting at recent events.

4. Nitasha June 14, 2009 at 18:35 #

Sometimes i think that Anne Hathaway wins these things because people in general adore her. In this case, Megan Fox deserved it and second best was Emily Deschanel. By the way, you should try and feature Indian actress and it-girl Sonam Kapoor here…she has an amazing sense of style and looked gorgeous at this years IIFA awards in Macau.

• Deepa June 14, 2009 at 21:47 #

I agree Nitasha! Some more global fashion would be nice, Sonam (almost) always looks stylish.

• Fashion Critic June 14, 2009 at 22:08 #

With all due respect. I DO feature a lot of red carpet events from all over the world.

The pictures agencies I purchase my pictures from do not cover Indian events.

Also a lot of Asian readers give me a heads up on events in their country, and I even get sent pictures.

Only today did someone tell me the Indian Film Festival was on.

5. Ahot June 14, 2009 at 19:29 #

I totally agree with Nitasha. I am tired of Anne´s sweetness….

6. Linda June 14, 2009 at 19:46 #

I totally agree with Leo. Megan’s dress is a great choice, but she ruins it by pulling the fabric to the side to expose her leg. The dress looks stunning in other shots where the fabric is allowed to sit the way it’s supposed to without being pulling apart . I just don’t understand this girl. I hope she gets more self confidence soon and stops crying out for attention so loudly.

7. nicole June 14, 2009 at 20:11 #

i voted meghan too .. the colour was amazing and it looked great on her.
    anne to me was kinda boring, still lovely but boring.

8. Swatky June 14, 2009 at 20:31 #

All I see on Megan is Lara Croft wannabe… I could never imagine her in this dress. For me, that split is very wrong on her, and I don’t like her at all… Someone else would rock this dress… I thought Emily Dechanel would be your choise, FC. I voted for her as much as I liked both Anne and Cameron…

9. David June 14, 2009 at 20:39 #

RE: Unfortunately, Megan’s daring affair with purple was only a stylish exception. Today she proved that she’s just a desperate attention w**re at the German premiere, looking blatantly cheap.

10. Jen June 14, 2009 at 21:33 #

I agree with a lot that has been said. Megan’s dress was beautiful, but in my opinion, she still managed to make it look trashy. It really wasn’t necessary to pull the slit that much to the side; it all seems like one big cry for attention to me. Anne, on the other hand, looked classy and beautiful. She won by a long shot in my book.

11. Willa June 14, 2009 at 21:41 #

Megan’s dress is nice and all, but her personality is so wretched that she’s basically ugly in anything. She looks sorta smutty.

12. Matthew June 14, 2009 at 21:50 #

I’m not that big a Megan fan, but she looks absolutely gorgeous. Anne Hathaway looks great, but we all expected that look from her didn’t we?. Megan pushed the envelope with the thigh-high split.

• Willa June 14, 2009 at 22:24 #

Pushed the envelope? Really? It’s just slit. She wore a similar dress today to the Berlin premiere, with a giant slit and sticking her thighs out. That’s not “pushing the envelope,” that’s being trashy.

But it’s all just opinions. :)

• Matthew June 14, 2009 at 23:41 #

Yeah, I just saw those photos you were talking about, I do agree she looked trashy, but I thought she looked gorgeous in her purple gown. But the Berlin one was a mess.

• lily June 15, 2009 at 13:04 #

Lol- I totally agree. My problem’s not the dress- it’s stunning itself- my problem is Megan. Berlin proved it.

13. zoe June 15, 2009 at 01:52 #

i totally agree with you for the second week in a row FC. megan fox looked amazing. i didn’t think anne stood a chance…

14. AJoanna June 15, 2009 at 03:58 #

Yeah, I voted for Anne because Megan does look simply trashy to me. I would love the dress without the slit (or maybe one that wasn’t quite so high, perhaps?) Plus I simply dislike the way she carries herself. She looks like like she’s trying to prove her “sexiness.” And she doesn’t need to because she’s a lovely girl- especially when she’s smiling, not doing that scary glare type thing.
    And I do love Anne’s look- it was quite classy and chic.

15. Alexandra June 15, 2009 at 14:18 #

That is so sweet if you to quote my comment in the post! I’m really flattered :)

I chose Megan because it was such a shock. Megan Fox looking decent? More, looking outstanding? I had to give it to her. I’m not a fan of Megan but she did stun me.

And as for Anne, I wouldn’t dare say that she isn’t absolute perfection, but in her case, it is not so surprising. And plus, the dress is black. I’m so tired of black dresses.