Who Wore Matthew Williamson Better? Rihanna or Beyonce Knowles

What the…?? Rihanna and Beyonce appear to be playing tag with what they wear.

Only 2 weeks ago I featured Beyonce vs. Rihanna wearing Helmut Lang. This time Beyonce is following Rihanna wearing Matthew Williamson.

Rihanna was the first to wear this Matthew Williamson gathered leather coat as a dress when she shopped at Intermix in New York last month.

With her trademark crazy hairstyle, she wore her dress/coat with black boots, shades and reptile accessories.

Beyonce wore the same coat as a coat, when she was spotted departing London’s Heathrow airport this week.

Her look was completed with superstar shades, a Sretsis clara tiered dress, and Gucci Iman ankle strap sandals.

Sorry Bey, but Rihanna was more initiative for wearing this coat as a belted dress so she wins for me.

Net-A-Porter International have this coat on sale for £2,550/€3,045, plus you can also purchase it from the Matthew Williamson boutique located at 415 West 14th Street, New York NY 10014 (212.255.9881)

Source: Wenn & SplashNewsOnline.com

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Who Wore Herve Leger Better? Heather Graham or Kristin Cavallari

Who Wore Herve Leger Better? Heather Graham or Kristin Cavallari

8 Responses to Who Wore Matthew Williamson Better? Rihanna or Beyonce Knowles

1. Lala/S-R June 12, 2009 at 07:56 #

Oh super! Bring on the unnecessary rant from the fans! LOL
    I don’t exactly like it on either of them. But I feel inclined to give it to Rihanna since clearly put more thought into it.

Plus, didn’t Rihanna also wear those Gucci heels, FC? I swear I saw a post on here with her in the same heels?

2. Ally June 12, 2009 at 12:41 #

Can I go with neither? I’m just not a fan of that coat at all. But I give the edge to Beyonce b/c I really don’t like it as a dress.

3. Fashionorama June 12, 2009 at 12:41 #

Hi FC!
    Loving the new site design. Im not really into the jacket but what i am interested in is the cute dress that Beyonce has on inside. I believe its from Sretsis, a super cute label from Thailand that has been gathering momentum of late. Here is a Photo of Katy Perry in the same dress/top. Im in love with their whimsical designs. I would love it if you could feature them sometime.

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 13:11 #

thanks, I will add the information to the post

4. robbie June 12, 2009 at 16:14 #

i think beyonce wore it better, never thought those words eould ever come out of my mouth. rihanna im just so bored of her the hair is terrible. i love beyonces dress and shoes.

5. stephanie November 28, 2009 at 19:00 #

of course rihanna.

6. Dazhaney May 31, 2011 at 22:32 #

beyonce is better than rihanna. rihanna is just stupid.

7. sillew May 31, 2011 at 22:36 #

of course beyonce looks better!