12.06.09

2009 Monte Carlo Television Festival Closing Ceremony

When I saw Emily Deschanel on red carpet wearing this Gustavo Cadile strapless gown I instantly recognised it, because I tried it on during New York Fashion Week, when I visited the designer at his Manhattan studio.

The outstanding rose tulle gown is from Gustavo Cadile’s Fall 2009 collection. I adore the tiered skirt which make it feel like a princess gown.

I was surprised that Emily wore a black knotted belt with the dress, because the pink bejeweled ribbon was perfect. But either way it works.

I love that she didn’t add too many jewels, or even carry a clutch as this dress stands alone.

I’m so honoured to have tried on this gown, and I can imagine the butterflies she had when she put on this gown.

Kate Walsh showed off her very sassy side in a baby blue Missoni dress, with a thigh high split.

For some reason I’m more in love with her hair. Those curls are so cute and look so bouncy.

Jennifer Love Hewitt arrived with her actor boyfriend Jamie Kennedy looking exquisite wearing a nude gown. She was radiating beauty. I’ve never been so taken by her.

This gown with a risqué plunging neckline more than makes up for the previous secretary chic look.

I don’t know why but I was totally captivated by Spanish actress Marta Torne.

Her porcelain skin, the sexy silhouette of her slate grey strapless ruched bodice gown, and those bold red lips are all perfect. Not a single fault can I find.

Such a quiet elegant beauty, I adore her here.

Lori Loughlin looks amazing again. This time wearing a navy blue haltered gown, with an embellished neckline.

Her look was complete with a gold box clutch which complemented the gold detail on her gown.

Kim Kardashian for me the worst dressed at this event. She did a complete 180 from her previous looks.

I love her hair and make-up, but the Ports 1961 strapless gown is way too gaudy for my liking. The runway version wouldn’t have suited her either.

This is a bit of a step back imo.

Source: Getty & Wireimage

In Beyonce Knowles Closet - Sretsis Clara Tiered Dress & Matthew Williamson Coat

In Beyonce Knowles Closet – Sretsis Clara Tiered Dress & Matthew Williamson Coat

Georgina Chapman For Tatler UK July 2009

Georgina Chapman For Tatler UK July 2009

30 Responses to 2009 Monte Carlo Television Festival Closing Ceremony

1. robbie June 12, 2009 at 14:56 #

emily, she looks nice but the black belt ruined it. you looked so much better in this dress FC!

kate, i love it all the dress, the hair and the shoes *drooools* im never normally a fan of such tight looking curls.

jennifer, it is nice but i am not wowed by it though. she looks like she needs a little support.

kerry, gorgeous dress and the hair and make-up is beautiful.

lori, again she looks amazing i really love that she didnt go OTT with the accessories. she is glowing literally i am jealous of her tan.

kim, this is a little confusing the dress is edgy but it really doesnt match the hair and make-up. i wouldnt have minding the dress if it wasnt for all those gold pieces.

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 15:04 #

No I did not look better :)

• cari June 12, 2009 at 15:06 #

LOL, robbie beat me to it!! I was going to demand a “Who Wore It Better” post!! (FC wore it better!)

But thanks to your last post on Emily, I looked her up and am in the middle of a Bones marathon. Very funny show.

• thomas monks September 20, 2009 at 20:34 #

yes you did look better than her and eva longoria it looks like that dress was made for you

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2009 at 21:28 #

so untrue, but thanks :)

• thomas monks September 20, 2009 at 22:17 #

you are so hard on yourself you are a beautiful woman and i think there are many avant garde pieces that you could pull off. you are HOT, and that is a major compliment coming form a gay man

2. Nemesis June 12, 2009 at 15:05 #

you look even better on that dress!
    althoough I prefer the black belt

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 15:12 #

I wish LOL

3. ben June 12, 2009 at 15:12 #

I think Kim looks amazing, and most importantly, she took a huge risk. As stunning as Emily’s dress is, the black belt kind of brings this look down a notch – i think the wow factor is gone a little now.

Is it just me or does Kim Kardashian have one of the best hair and make-up teams around? Her face always looks flawless!

p.s: FC, you worked that dress better than emily!

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 15:19 #

You guys LOL.

I totally agree with you on Kim hair and make-up team.

4. xoliquoricexo June 12, 2009 at 15:23 #

i quite like Kim’s dress actually.

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 15:25 #

I think I stand alone on this one :)

• Ally June 12, 2009 at 15:37 #

I’m with you FC. I’m not a fan either. And I think it is too tight. Look at the way it is strangling her tiny tummy so that the fabric is folding.

5. sabri June 12, 2009 at 15:25 #

I think Kerry Fox is not Kerry Fox
    she looks like Marta Torne, a spanish actress

Love your blog!!!

Greetings from Spain

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 15:30 #

You are right. All the Spanish publications list her as Marta Torne and the UK speaking ones as Kerry Fox.

You are my angel,

Thanks :)

6. Mon June 12, 2009 at 15:30 #

‘Kerry Fox’ is actually MARTA TORNÉ, she’s an spanish actress who went to represent a series called ‘El Internado’ who is on tv here. I always thought she cud be mistaken with Rachel Bilson, but Kerry Fox is new to me! hahaha Three of them are beautiful anyway, and Marta’s look is absolutely stunnin. I agree with that ;)

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 15:32 #

Thanks Mon. I just got that pointed out to me :)

Those darn picture agencies

7. powerpuff June 12, 2009 at 15:37 #

hi FC! i’ve been reading your blog since a long ago… i agree with your opinion the 99’9% of the times and i admire your dedication soooo much!!! thank you!!
    but i think you made a mistake today: the woman in the fourth photograph isn’t kerry fox… she is the spanish actress marta torné!!! she’s so cute!!

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 15:38 #

Thanks Powerpuff.

I have corrected the mistake now, as others have told me the same thing :)

Thanks again

8. Alexandra June 12, 2009 at 15:38 #

Actually I like Kim’s dress, it’s really pretty, but her pose is so awkward. It seems that she is squeezing the dress with her arms to prevent it from sliding down…

9. ber June 12, 2009 at 15:42 #

I agree with you about Marta Torne. The whole look is very basic and would be boring on someone else, but she looks lovely.

10. mol June 12, 2009 at 15:46 #

Kim looks kinda stuffed into her dress and is clearly uncomfortable, too bad as i love the dress (feels to me like cocktails at Trader Vic’s circa 1950 – sweet!) Her hair and make-up seem flawless this time, a very beautiful woman.

Ditto on the elegant look of Marta Torne, and I bet you did look great in that Cadile dress F.C….. as does Emily Deschanel (for her look though, I have to say I prefer the black belt.)

11. eder June 12, 2009 at 16:30 #

Emily looks good, but I prefer the runaway pink bejeweled ribbon

Kate looks very good, I´m in love with her hair

Jennifer very beautiful

Marta is really good, the red lips are the prefect touch for her look

Lori´s dress is very beautiful but I don´t like her hair, maybe and updo

I´m not sure about Kim, I kinda like the dress

You should do one ” Who Wore It Better ” between Emily and you FC :D

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2009 at 16:31 #

I wouldn’t want to embarrass myself :)

• Anna June 13, 2009 at 11:07 #

You wouldn’t. Your’e amongst friends who adore you. Chances are – you have allready won the poll!! Just because we love you so much….

• Fashion Critic June 13, 2009 at 11:13 #

you are too kind and so very sweet :)

12. Raquel June 12, 2009 at 18:51 #

The dress is too tight on Kim, but I like the piece itself. It’s edgy and interesting, but something is getting lost in translation there. Earrings would have helped I bit, I think.

Love Marta. The bold red lips just give the right amount of color and lit her whole look.

FC, you rocked the dress. Emily, not so much. ;)

13. Fashion InSight-Denice June 12, 2009 at 20:08 #

Oh, no what was Kim thinking? (or her stylist? Should i give her my card?) ;) The fit wasn’t good, do you see the pulling in the crotch area? She didn’t look to comfortable in this dress too. She usually photographs great and she looks a little uncomfortable, like she’s about to tip over! The first dress, I love, but not on Emily. She looks really squared shape in this, And I won’t say anything about the horrible M. Missoni dress. Bad choice!!

14. jay June 12, 2009 at 20:19 #

hands down the BEST jennifer love has ever looked…

15. whitestroke June 16, 2009 at 20:41 #

Oh poor Emily. She looks SO bad in that dress. I don’t like it at all. You looked 7677 times better and SHE KNOWS IT.