Kylie Minogue and Dita von Teese are both big fans of Jean Paul Gaultier’s work.

Kylie will often wear his custom designs on stage, whereas Dita will wear his pieces on the red carpet.

Evan Rachel Wood has managed to shake off the Dita comparisons in recent months, and I don’t get any Dita vibes from this look.

The actress wore a sophisticated Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2009 criss cross halter black dress to the New York screening of “Whatever Works” last night.

The belted dress has a fishnet overlay, which you can see via the cut out panel on her thigh.

Her look was completed with her red hair tied back, with a few pieces framing her face, black Louboutin peep-toes, and a dark grey sparkling VBH Venus Clutch.

She opted for rosy shimmering pink lips, when she could have easily opted for red.

I love this look.  She looks very mature, sophisticated and elegant.

[nggallery id=71]

Source: Style.com & Wireimage

Amy Adams In Gucci - LACMA Art + Film Gala 2013

Amy Adams In Gucci – LACMA Art + Film Gala 2013

Runway To Grazia Party - Donatella Versace in Versace

Runway To Grazia Party – Donatella Versace in Versace

10 Responses to Runway To “Whatever Works” New York Screening – Evan Rachel Wood In Jean Paul Gaultier

1. Diya June 11, 2009 at 13:08 #

hrm… not digging the hair for some reason…

2. eder June 11, 2009 at 14:33 #

I like her look! I Think that since she broke up with Mr. Manson, she has found her own style

3. zoe June 11, 2009 at 16:05 #

i’m loving evan rachel wood right now! this is a great look. it’s kind of strange that there aren’t two cutout panels on the dress though…but nevertheless i like the dress and the look.

4. Alexandra June 11, 2009 at 17:27 #

She looks very beautiful and so confident! I especially love the neckline. But is it a reflection or her forehead is darker than the rest of her face?

I love her pale skin. I’m generally fond of paleness :) I wonder how long it will take me to reach this shade!

5. Sara June 11, 2009 at 17:29 #

I think she looks stunning! Loving the hair, makeup, dress and accessories.

6. Ange June 11, 2009 at 18:35 #

I love Patricia Clarkson!
    I thought you could introduce some of her look?
    She looked so beautiful

7. robbie June 11, 2009 at 19:57 #

even looks great, not a hint of dita in sight except for the extremely pale white skin. if they ever made a live version of snow withe movie, she should get the role.

dita will always be the queen of JPG, i love kylie some of the stuff she picks can look nice, but alot of it has been too “big” for her.

8. mol June 11, 2009 at 23:24 #

Ditto on the love for Evan Rachel Wood, she always make me stop and look, i never have a ‘cruise-on-by, it’s boring’ feeling.

9. eboni June 12, 2009 at 00:24 #

for some reason i like the dress better with the face mask..lol. i still love it though. I think that some people can pull off looks that come from the runway and some definately cant..

10. whitestroke June 16, 2009 at 20:32 #

I adore this so much. From head to toe. I don’t like JPG that much and that’s no secret. This dress and the other two from the beginning of that collection, worn by Kim Noorda and Alana Zimmer, if I remember correctly, are the first pieces of his that I loved in YEARS. Evan works this dress more than I could ever hope for, and the whole look works perfectly.