Who Wore Matthew Williamson Better? Joy Bryant or Alexis Bledel

This is one of those rare occasions in which Joy Bryant actually wore make-up, and she was even more stunning.

At the 2008 VH1 Hip Hop Honors back in October, Joy wore this graphic print Matthew Williamson Spring 2009 mini dress, with the black leather belt, and neon yellow strappy sandals as presented on the runway.

Alexis Bledel changed the look of the dress, when she attended the launch of the Matthew Williamson for H&M collection in New York.

She wore her dress without the belt, and with Sergio Rossi elasticated strappy ankle sandals.

As much as we tend to complain about someone wearing a head-to-toe runway look, Joy’s runway accessories make this look work, especially with the belt, so she wins for me.

Source: Style.com & Wireimage

Rose McGowan In Alberta Ferretti - 26th Annual Genesis Awards

Rose McGowan In Alberta Ferretti – 26th Annual Genesis Awards

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Carla Gugino or Elle Macpherson

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Carla Gugino or Elle Macpherson

8 Responses to Who Wore Matthew Williamson Better? Joy Bryant or Alexis Bledel

1. Ahot June 9, 2009 at 09:06 #

i will go for alexis, because i can see the flowers or whatever it isbetter. Joy looks good, but i prefer the runway model

2. serapart June 9, 2009 at 10:49 #

voted for alexis as i like her simple accessoires more than joy´s. dont like her shoes, it distracts from the dress.

3. eboni June 9, 2009 at 11:56 #

Definately Joy, Alex looks so unbelievable plain and with a designer so flamboyant and creative as Matthew, you just cant be plain in it. I believe the belt gave the dress that defined waist that Alexis is missing because she looks a tad frumpy in it because their is no real definition to it. I love that Joy just took it and ran with it.

4. ZzaRaZza June 9, 2009 at 12:42 #

I think, Alexis is channeling Liv Tyler here and looks very simple but gorgeous. I really like the belt that Joy wore but those shoes are killing me, they look cheap and plastic.

5. Raquel June 9, 2009 at 18:04 #

I honestly preffer Alexis, the non blet look allows me to enjoy the grogeous print and Joy’s shoes look very cheap and trashty.

6. mol June 9, 2009 at 18:33 #

i totally agree with ZzaRaZza. i love the easy versus over torturous looks and poses – the earrings are perfect for her dress!

7. suejin June 10, 2009 at 10:40 #

Joy’s legs are so nice! I don’t like the shoes but i still voted for Joy. Alexis looked nice and it was nice seeing it without the belt.. but I like it with the belt.

8. Emily N. June 11, 2009 at 01:47 #

I really prefer Alexis’ look rather than Joy’s. I hate the dress with the belt and tacky shoes.