09.06.09

Stella McCartney’s Resort 2010 Collection

Looking at Stella McCartney’s Resort 2010 collection, we’ve seen it before.

Not in a bad sense, but we’ve actually seen some of these pieces previewed by Stella, over the past few weeks, because as ever Stella is way ahead when it comes to fashion.

She’s been wearing her Resort collection since the Met Gala last month, arriving with her ‘angels’ wearing a lace jumpsuit. At the ‘Time’s 100 Most Influential People In The World’ red carpet, were she wore the lace bowed skirt.

Most recently she wore a floral sculptural Spring 2010 dress to the ‘Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition Preview Party’ in London, and a white playsuit was worn to the ‘Opening Of The New Contemporary Art Centre’ in Venice.

She hasn’t been keeping her new designs to herself. Two of her Met Gala angels, Liv Tyler and Kate Hudson, have also wore pieces from this collection.

I really love this collection. It’s playful, and powerful, yet fun, flirty and feminine.

Source: Style.com & Wireimage

Lulu Guinness' 20th Anniversary Party

Lulu Guinness’ 20th Anniversary Party

In Lake Bell's Closet - Rag & Bone One Shoulder Dress

In Lake Bell’s Closet – Rag & Bone One Shoulder Dress

13 Responses to Stella McCartney’s Resort 2010 Collection

1. Mónica B June 9, 2009 at 15:04 #

I love Stella´s clothes and I love Anouk Lepere with them (well, I always love Anouk Lepere. She is one of the bests)

2. SkirtTheIssue June 9, 2009 at 15:16 #

I love the floral dress, it’s so pretty and wearable! (I love the shoes with that outfit too, but my feet ache looking at them….)

Oh btw, i saw a picture of Jessica Simpson wearing the LV Spicy shoes- i think they may be over…!

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2009 at 15:35 #

if you saw Jess in those heels it is OFFICIALLY over for the Spicy heels.

* morns *

3. zoe June 9, 2009 at 15:46 #

this collection is truly beautiful, one of her best. it’s so fresh and feminine.

4. mol June 9, 2009 at 18:45 #

So wearable, this collection, with the best details, like the pockets, practical, comfortable but also adding interesting shape to the overall design. And Liv again, simple sumptuous beauty (her secret, i think, is that she doesn’t over pose – no backbends, extreme head tilting and the like, same for Stella herself – they are a good match.

• whitestroke June 10, 2009 at 16:41 #

I agree. I wish more celebs posed that way. Overposing is KILLING me.

5. Jules O'Connell June 9, 2009 at 20:07 #

ok
    this is serious
    look 03
    I NEED it like I never needed anything before
    when will it hit stores?
    reg LV Jess – need picture-proof
    refusing to believe it (anyone knows who’s styling her?)
    btw is noone sending in wishes or were they all rejected?

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2009 at 23:37 #

Not as many as I hoped, so I’m spreading them out a bit.

6. Dana June 9, 2009 at 21:36 #

Love the collection! It’s one of the first I’ve been impressed by by Ms. McCartney in a while. Very playful, very resort, but contemporary and classy.

by the way- Kate Hudson is SO fierce in the dress! Wowza!

7. SkirtTHeIssue June 10, 2009 at 00:09 #

I didn’t really like Kate individual look at the MET gala, but as part of the “group” (Liv, Stella, Kate Bosworth and Kate) the dress looked somehow less “chinzy”, and i quite like this photo with her gloden skin and hair showing off the back of the dress

Here is a link of the pic with what i think is the LV shows on Jess- it’s the picture on the right, her feet are hard to see, but the details of the shoe look like the Spicies…

• Fashion Critic June 10, 2009 at 01:03 #

She didn’t over do the rest of her look, so I must admit, I don’t hate.

And I expected too hate her look.

Thanks for the picture.

8. Hershey Girl June 10, 2009 at 10:45 #

Nah, I like all of the pieces on the pictures below but the Stella pics… well…after the marvelous lace Prada collection of 2008 (??) this is not new, in fact is like a cheaper Prada version no matter how talent Stela is.

9. whitestroke June 10, 2009 at 16:44 #