09.06.09 Advertising

Emma Watson For Burberry Fall 2009

Emma Watson has been unveiled as the new face of Burberry, with a stunning set of pictures shot by Mario Testino.

The images capture Watson looking innocent and charming, in a variety of classic trench coats from the Fall 2009 collection.

I love the dark and moody picture above, plus the picture of Emma carrying the Burberry Woolf bag.  The new it bag, is a suede tote with embroidered overlay, which is set to retail at £1,095.

There have been many rumours linking Emma to Chanel for a few years, but this is the first major advertising campaign for the 19 year old.

I like the ads, but Testino’s shots for the fashion house, are slightly predictable.

[nggallery id=68]

Source: WWD

X Factor Judges Spotted in Glasgow

X Factor Judges Spotted in Glasgow

In Victoria Hesketh's Closet - McQ Alexander McQueen Feather Print Shift Dress

In Victoria Hesketh’s Closet – McQ Alexander McQueen Feather Print Shift Dress

28 Responses to Emma Watson For Burberry Fall 2009

1. Nitasha June 9, 2009 at 10:19 #

Emma is absolutely stunning! She looks intense, classy and sensuous, but thankfully she never looks over-mature or slutty. A future Cate Blanchett/Charlize Theron in the making!

2. Gaber June 9, 2009 at 10:44 #

The first shot is beyond godly! The other two don’t do it for me – but the first one … wow!

3. SydneyCheapChic June 9, 2009 at 10:52 #

Gotta admit she looks absolutely gorgeous in these shots.. and although i know models are getting younger and younger, I think they tried to choose guys that didn’t look too much older than her but i think they look like boys still trying to dress like a man.. .. overall because of this i don’t really like it.

4. LILA June 9, 2009 at 11:00 #

I agree about Emma being beautiful and all, because she really is..but time to change photographer, Christopher! I couldn’t agree more..Testino is becoming so very predictable..if you saw the Versace campaign..you would notice even more how boring and ripetitive he’s become..it’s basically the same concept of last season..hopefully he’ll find his magic soon!

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2009 at 11:08 #

*nods in agreement*

5. eboni June 9, 2009 at 11:51 #

I agree with the others, i am lovin the looks and the photographs are amazing but they do style them quite older so it kind of conflicts in my opinion. If you use models with such a youthful appearance, then they clearly should be dressed to appropriately portray this… well, unless that was the look they were going for because I cannot believe such an established brand would miss that

6. Bego June 9, 2009 at 11:54 #

This pictures are just amazing, she looks stunning.

7. Alice[*] June 9, 2009 at 12:40 #

Oh wow,she’s so nice in these photos!She looks very sophisticated and cool.I like the photos concept…well done ;)

8. patty June 9, 2009 at 12:42 #

this is just absolutely breathtaking! i love emma and she looks so good here! so classic and yet so young!

9. antoneLLina June 9, 2009 at 13:42 #

o yes…here i see a very good photograph, some interesting pictures and an intense model.yes,of couse, they are very different kind of photo shoot but i have to say: vanessa look at emma please!!!she is young and fresh,but so classy and chic.
    i love mario testino’s style, i think that isrecognizable but ever predictable…

10. Bee June 9, 2009 at 16:08 #

She looks absolutely stunning.

Burberry made a great choice in Emma Watson. I have to sort of laugh at the irony since she loves Chanel so much. Can’t wait to see what she does post-Harry Potter.

She’s got amazing fashion sense for someone so young.

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2009 at 16:11 #

I can’t wait either.

Apparently she did a shoot with W Magazine and the Harry Potter team didn’t like them as they were too sexy, so they had to be re shot.

• Bee June 9, 2009 at 16:35 #

I read about that. They had to dumb the shoot down so to speak.

What a shame, it’s not like anyone has this fleeting image of her being little miss priss, I’ll never understand the dynamics of studio execs haltering someone creatively.

I didn’t see them going against Daniel Radcliffe for Equus, it’s the same thing in my eyes, fashion && photography are an art form, as is theater.

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2009 at 16:55 #

HEY, very good point, he was totally naked.

• shelly June 9, 2009 at 17:48 #

i cant wait till the W shoot, i think there will be alot coming out cus of hp is comming out soon (cant freken wait for the movie!!)

anyway i think emma has it harder than the boys cus shes the girl and lot of youngones look up to her. they may also be trying to avoid the drama of the disney kids ie vensessa and miliey

11. boogie June 9, 2009 at 16:12 #

in the first photo she looks stunning!!! <3

12. Alexandra June 9, 2009 at 17:16 #

Really beautiful. I like Emma so much, she really stands out from her contemporaries. I am quite obsessed with everything that is British and for me she is the perfect English miss. In the ad of perfectly british brand :D. So classy.

ugh, I see there is something wrong with this comment. you must forgive me my awkward style, I’m a polish girl loving English :)

13. T June 9, 2009 at 17:44 #

how come burberry always change the face every new season?

its a good photoshoot. i heard that on the burberry website there will be behind the scene video when its offically launched so keep a look out.

ps is it just me or do some of the boys look more ‘girly’ then emma ??

14. nicole June 9, 2009 at 18:29 #

she is stunning. perfect choice for the campaign.

15. Natalie June 9, 2009 at 20:54 #

Emma looks gorgoeus, I am so glad she got an ad campaign!

16. Boeshane June 9, 2009 at 21:44 #

Love this, really. But to much photoshop. She usually has a round baby-face : they changed her face shape, making it more model-ish ! Only the one where she where the scarf doesn’t seem to be tooo much photoshoped.

17. Ariana June 10, 2009 at 00:38 #

Emma looks good in the pictures. I think I like her more as a model than an actress. But that’s just my opinion, I don’t mean to offend anyone who likes her as an actress…

18. Jennie June 10, 2009 at 04:07 #

Emma looks stunning! Very different from her Hermione character. Love it! If only I could afford that bag.

• Fashion Critic June 10, 2009 at 09:24 #

The bag is divine I agree.

19. kevin June 10, 2009 at 05:17 #

i agree, the guys look way too young.

20. ZUzu June 10, 2009 at 07:43 #

Yes, but the lads are soooo decadent-looking. Weird.

21. whitestroke June 10, 2009 at 16:35 #

I like the way she turned out, and love the makeup, but this can’t be all. Only 3 shots? Previous campaign, which I loved, had lots of shots with girls being styled really fun and young. Maybe this is not all there is to it. It’s basically only two coats and two bags. What about the rest of the collection? It had quite a lot of cute girly dresses. Maybe we get to see those as well.