Vanessa Hudgens For InStyle UK July 2009

High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens, shows us she’s all grown-up in the latest edition of InStyle UK July 2009.

Ben Watts shot her cover, in which the star appears to be waving the flag for her country wearing a navy blue blazer, a white tank top, and hot red shorts.

In the issue, the 20 year old talks to Marshall Heyman about her bohemian fashion sense – hence all those maxi dress – her voice and her boyfriend Zac Efron.

On her parents never wanting her to become an actress: “All the rejection is tough and discouraging. It’s a dog eat dog world, and who would want to subject their girl to that world? But it was just something that I loved much.”

On High School Musical: “It served a major purpose in my life. It gave me a high-school experience – the opportunity to make those friends and have my first prom and graduation. It really was a blessing.”

On her style: “They all end in chic – rocker; bohemian. When I’m feeling sweet, I’ll throw on some floral clothes. Other days, I’ll go for dark colours. I’m no label whore, and for the most part I dress myself.”

This issue is on sale now, were you can read the full interview.

Source: celebutopia.net & Style.com

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Stella McCartney's Resort 2010 Collection

Stella McCartney’s Resort 2010 Collection

25 Responses to Vanessa Hudgens For InStyle UK July 2009

1. robbie June 8, 2009 at 17:15 #

i hate the cover shot, her face looks like it was photoshopped onto the body and badly done.

i love her in the louis vuitton dress, that is seriously sexy.

2. Rock*Star June 8, 2009 at 18:43 #

WOW! she looks HOT!

3. Ling June 8, 2009 at 19:11 #

I agree with Robbie, she looks really photoshopped on the cover. I like her in the D&G blazer; although I initially thought it was a YSL dress, I didn’t realise it was a blazer! Am I right in thinking that Rachel Bilson’s worn it before? The Louis Vuitton looks much better without the little cap sleeves, Vanessa looks much better in it than the runway model.

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2009 at 19:39 #

yep Rachel wore it before

4. antoneLLina June 8, 2009 at 19:18 #

i don’t know why,but i don’t like vanessa. almost never. here i see a good photograph,some good pictures, very beautiful clothes, but just a mediocre model. am i too bad ? :)

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2009 at 19:40 #

No not at all ;)

• Pen Pen June 9, 2009 at 09:04 #

You are totally right, that’s the vibe she gave me when I look at her too … weird

5. Alexandra June 8, 2009 at 19:52 #

i’m not a fan of her, but she looks great in Louis Vuitton. Very sexy. I didn’t know she was 20 already!

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2009 at 20:13 #

time flies eh??? ;)

• Alexandra June 8, 2009 at 20:23 #

yeah exactly! I’ve been always thinking of her as a teen cutie and she appears to be one year older than myself! quite shocking.

6. suzy June 8, 2009 at 23:21 #

I love that fact that she is doing shoots like these now. She looks good here but I hate the picture they choose for the cover too much photoshop. Magazines sometimes confuse me with the shots they end up picking, if you go to Ben Watts website he has an collage of outtakes that are even better than the pictures that ended up in the magazine.

7. ber June 9, 2009 at 00:09 #

I agree, the photoshop on the cover is horrendous, but the rest of the shoot looks great.

8. Natalie June 9, 2009 at 04:13 #

She looks pretty, but there is something about Vanessa Hudgens that puts me off…maybe how she seems so smug most of the time?

9. Alèxia June 9, 2009 at 06:28 #

She looks fantastic.

10. kaitlyn June 9, 2009 at 07:22 #

I love how she and her style have grown up, and now she’s featured in mags like instyle. I still think she has the best style and is the best dressed celebrity teen right now. Not liking the cover but the inside shots are great.

11. Bee June 9, 2009 at 16:04 #

Out of all the shots they could’ve chosen for the cover, they chose the worst shot (IMO) && on top of it photoshopped it to death.

Other than that, I love the shoot, the pictorial inside are gorgeous. She’s rockin that Louis Vuitton dress I must admit, though I think the Luella skirt is my favorite. She looks stunning.

Great interview as well, she comes off very grounded && mature, also very driven, I appreciate that for someone as young as she is. Love what director Zack Snyder had to say about her as well.

I’ll have to wait to get my copy, the Selma Hayek issue is still on stands last time I checked ha. Glad to see you featuring her again, Fashion Critic. I think the crazy over-zealous fans have abandoned their conquest lol.

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2009 at 16:07 #

I think that so called fan got bored and found a new target.

• Bee June 9, 2009 at 16:38 #

Good to hear; I didn’t exactly like having to group myself with them, as I am a fan of Vanessa’s.

12. nicole June 9, 2009 at 18:55 #

I think Vanessa Looks Stunning, she looks better than the runway models. She is really beautiful and for someone so tiny and petite she demands attention.

13. linda June 10, 2009 at 13:45 #

Vanessa is so ridiculously beautiful…it’s amazing.
    I’m looking at these pictures for several minutes now and damn, she’s so..so….beautiful.

My fav dress is the LV one.

14. Miryana June 11, 2009 at 20:22 #

Nessa you are the best!!
    I love you so much!!
    KISS XOXO

15. G June 14, 2009 at 11:12 #

i don’t like the cover photo too. but she looks beautiful in other pics.

16. itzel September 19, 2009 at 05:25 #

i love her, and that pics are amazing, and i agree i don’t like the pic on the cover

17. Daphne June 16, 2011 at 07:47 #

Do you guys know where to buy the Louis Vuitton dress?

• Fashion Critic June 16, 2011 at 07:55 #