08.06.09

“Home” LA Eco Garden Picnic and Screening

Redemption.

After a major blip at the MTV Movie Awards, Cameron Diaz is back in my good books, after she arrived at this event looking sensational wearing a Stella McCartney Resort 2010 dress.

You may remember just last week, Stella McCartney gave us a preview of this bold shouldered, sculptural hip dress, when she attended the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition Preview Party.

The white dress with black embroidered details, was paired with black pumps and black plexi bag both by Stella McCartney.

Ruby red lips, completed this simple, yet stunning look.

I’m getting a slight Gothic vibe from Charlize Theron, with the all black look, pale face and red lips.

Her black tank and black blazer, were paired with black lace cut out leggings from Stella’s Fall 2009 collection.

I’m not crazy about the look, but I don’t hate it either.

Liv Tyler can wear anything, and still look so fabulous.

This is a classic example were she just throws on a Stella McCartney tunic dress with champagne-coloured satin heels, and she’s instantly gorgeous.

She has simple make-up, just got out of bed hair, no accessories, no jewels…no fair.

Anjelica Huston works a aqua blue dupioni Stella McCartney Spring 2009 boyfriend blazer, with a all navy ensemble.

Normally I would frown at knee-high biker-style boots on the red carpet, especially in summer, but Daryl Hannah some how makes it work for her.

She could have worn thick black tights with her mini Stella McCartney dress, but she opted for sheer tights instead. Kudos.

Emily Deschanel wore a black leopard print t-shirt, black skinny trousers and grey pumps, for this simple youthful look.

Rachel Zoe would have styled her clients Cameron Diaz and Liv Tyler for this event, so she would known the dress code. But she opted to go against the grain, and wear a Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 oriental-inspired kimono vest, with a feathered tasseled obi belt. Why? Because she can.

Her look was completed with navy silk cropped trousers, a black clutch and those YSL Trib Two’s.

Katharine McPhee also exuded a laid back casual look wearing a black silk dress, with a white blazer, black strappy sandals and beaded clutch all by Stella McCartney.

I adore that clutch. I need it in my life.

Rosario Dawson was elegantly chic wearing a in a navy dress with voluminous sleeves, and a cute bow for added interest.

Again, no accessories were needed, just grey pumps.

Source: Wireimage, Style.com & WWD

2009 Tony Awards

2009 Tony Awards

In Rihanna's Closet - Alexander Wang One Shoulder Dress

In Rihanna’s Closet – Alexander Wang One Shoulder Dress

11 Responses to “Home” LA Eco Garden Picnic and Screening

1. cari June 8, 2009 at 15:40 #

tee hee, love your comment about liv! so cute and so true!

2. JLan June 8, 2009 at 15:46 #

Charlize Theron is the one who wears almost ALL THE TIME BLACK.
    Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston also wear black a lot, but Charlize is even worst.
    Still, Charl is one my favourites..

3. Mea June 8, 2009 at 16:17 #

I normally agree on your comments, but when it comes to Daryl Hanna’s biker-boots, I just have to disagree. She could have chosen something more colorful, or something lighter. Plus I don’t like the shape of the boots …

4. mol June 8, 2009 at 19:51 #

There are three ‘luv em’ looks for me: Cameron Diaz, looking older, yes, but so pretty and sophisticated; Liv Tyler, exactly as you say (especially agree on the ‘no fair’!); and i really want that aqua colored boyfriend blazer of Angelica’s!

5. Raquel June 8, 2009 at 20:07 #

Angelica! She rocks, and it is simplew like that.

Love Liv, not fond of Cameron’s look and what did Daryl do to her face? Hate the whole look.

6. Parvati June 8, 2009 at 20:28 #

It’s been a while since I liked an appearance from Cameron Diaz. I wasn’t a fan of her MTV Movie Awards outfit, but at least, there was this pair of electric blue boots that made it a bit interesting. However, there is nothing I iike about this look. I don’t know, there’s something about her face and the hair (which looks like she didn’t even care about doing something with them) that disappoints me.

I was also disappointed by Charlize Theron, something I didn’t expect. Although the leggings are interesting, there is too much black going on and her hair also looks like she didn’t care about it. This compared with the red lipstick looks rather weird to me.

On the contrary, I loved Liv Tyler’s outfit! I agree, she looks so casual, but still, so chic at the same time!

Anjelica Huston also looks great and the same goes for Emily Deschanel and Katharine McPhee.

7. DM June 9, 2009 at 02:44 #

Anjelica Huston looks so good! Great outfit!

8. ben June 9, 2009 at 06:57 #

Rachel Zoe looks amazing! i hope she’s considered for best dressed of the week. She hasnt gone straight from the look book, and she’s mixed designers so well.

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2009 at 09:06 #

we’ll see. Can’t make promises on a Tuesday :)

9. FelipeA June 9, 2009 at 15:23 #

I really don’t love anyone’s look but Anjelica’s. She looks totally fabulous and fresh despite her age, unlike Daryl who seems to have taken a walk in the Mickey Rourke side of cosmetic surgery. I really don’t like how that dress looks on Liv. I feel like it shouldn’t just hang. it should’ve have some kind of blouson effect going on

10. whitestroke June 10, 2009 at 15:55 #

I’m not really feeling Cameron Diaz here. I don’t know….

But I LOVE Liv Tyler’s look. :)