08.06.09

2009 Tony Awards

Anne Hathaway opted for a classic look, wearing a strapless black Oscar de la Renta Fall 2009 dress, with a feather-print sheer skirt.

I love the detail on the skirt, the red satin Casadei peep-toes, her invisible make-up, and the simple jewelry, which completed the look.

Nancy La Scala wore a Malandrino Spring 2009 nude gown, with a multi chain detail draping from the neckline.

The designer Catherine Malandrino and singer Cucu Diamante have both worn this elegant gown previously.

Nancy decided not to wear her gown off-the-shoulder, whilst accessorizing with a simple cuff, and white clutch.

Marcia Gay Harden was awarded Best leading actress in a play at this event, and for me she was the Best Dressed at this event.

I adore this tiered emerald green Carmen Marc Valvo’s Fall 2009 Couture strapless mermaid gown on her. She looks so elegant, and utterly divine.

Best leading actress in a musical Alice Ripley, wore a bold electric blue gown, which instantly reminded me of Kate Winslet’s Narciso Rodriguez SAG Awards gown.

To perfect this look, I would’ve pick a strappy silver sandal.  Those maroon pointy pumps really don’t work for me.

‘Chicago’ Broadway star Chandra Wilson, opted for an emerald green Alberto Makali empire silk chiffon plunging gown.

The gown is embellished on the straps, and waistline with silver crystals.

This is one of Chandra’s best ever looks. I especially love the 50s style hair, and the complementary silver accessories.

Piper Perabo’s teal blue dress, is divine.

I love the texture, the shape of the dress, and simple silver accessories.

Edie Falco’s blue crushed off-the-shoulder Nicole Miller gown isn’t too bad, but the contrasting gold hem kills it for me.

Josefina Scaglione completed the trio of green gowns, wearing a strapless Jason Wu gown, with a black sash tied to the waist.

She could have easily opted for a black clutch, or a silver clutch to complement her bracelet, but instead she opted for an eggplant clutch, which I love.

It’s really hard for me to concentrate on Laura Benanti’s aqua strapless gown, because I’m dumbfounded by what appear to be DIY bangs.

The sooner she grows them out, the better.

Gina Gershon’s oozes sex appeal from every pore. In her Zuhair Murad pleated gown, she manages to stay sexy, and look elegant all at the same time.

Her gown is magical, I just love the way it shimmers.

Fred Leighton antique jewelry, and a vintage Judith Leiber silver minaudier complete this look.

Jessica Lange looks sensational fuschia Zac Posen gown, with a cascading ruffled detail. I just love how this colour really pops on the red carpet.

It’s always the same look for Kristen Chenoweth. Tight, corseted strapless gowns.

Allison Janney, who was nominated for best actress in a musical, wore a gorgeous purple Gustavo Cadile Resort 2010 gown, with ruched bodice, and a draping detail from the waist.

[nggallery id=64]

Source: Wireimage

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event - Keri Hilson

Grammy Awards “Salute To Icons Honoring Doug Morris” Clive Davis Event – Keri Hilson

Best Dressed Of The Week - Anne Hathaway & Megan Fox

Best Dressed Of The Week – Anne Hathaway & Megan Fox

23 Responses to 2009 Tony Awards

1. Elsie June 8, 2009 at 12:19 #

Josefina Scaglione make up looks scary, her face is too white !
    I love Anne Hathaway, she looks amazing in this dress.

2. Ling June 8, 2009 at 12:27 #

Anne Hathaway looks gorgeous! I would have liked to see her with the runway model’s hair though. The dress on the model looks navy blue though? I’m glad she didn’t wear tights though. I totally didn’t recognise Piper Perabo, she’s changed so much!

3. Alice[*] June 8, 2009 at 12:34 #

I totally love Anne.She’s so elegant and natural!With her great smile she shines.
    I also like Chandra,Marcia,Laura and Josefina.
    Alice’s pumps are killing me O__o

4. Vera June 8, 2009 at 13:22 #

Anne is just awesome.

Her skin looks really perfect.

5. Pablo June 8, 2009 at 13:23 #

Marcia is PER-FEC-TION!! Hair, jewelry and the stunning Lanvin!! Awesome!!

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2009 at 15:15 #

Sorry it was Carmen Marc Valvo’s Fall 2009 Couture, not Lanvin.

It sure looks like Lanvin :)

6. Ally June 8, 2009 at 14:10 #

Marcia looks so womanly! That colour really suits her.

Kristen shouldn’t have worn such a tight dress, it makes her head look a bit too big for her body…

7. Payal June 8, 2009 at 15:15 #

Edie might be wearing Nicole Miller.. The label had a lot of metallic crushed gowns..

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2009 at 15:28 #

You’re right, but I couldn’t find it on style.com

Maybe it’s custom made

8. robbie June 8, 2009 at 16:08 #

anne, she looks like a princess. for some reason she always reminds me of snow white, so beautiful LOVE her shoes! dorothy would be drooling over those :-P.

nancy, i love it on her more than the others who wore the dress, even more than catherine. i prefer the less chains, its a little classier.

marcia, sorry but i hate it the hair oh wow bad, the green dress and orange tan combo not good.

alice, wow i love the dress the colour is stunning!

chandra, i love the dress and the silver accessories. do i see a little sweat patch though? or is that shadow.

piper, i like the dress alot the shoes look nice aswell. i thought this was portia de rossi at first.

edie, from the shoulders up i love it.

josafina, i love everything although her face seems littler than her body. still she looks amazing.

laura, WOW dress is okay, hair not bad the necklace though is STUNNING!!!!!

gina, i love it from the nack down. i HATE those earrings they are a little too big and i hate the hair.

jessica, gorgeous! i hate that she doesnt seem to be wearing much make-up but still looks gorgeous.

kristin, i love her i really do. she is my little glinda :-D. it may be the same style all the time but it looks nice on her, although the eye make-up not too sure about that.

9. Payal June 8, 2009 at 16:09 #

Here is the strapless version.

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2009 at 16:37 #

thanks so much

10. Elizabeth June 8, 2009 at 19:37 #

Does anyone know who designed the dress that Susan Sarandon wore? A black fishtail full-length gown? I”m not usually a black dress fan, but Sarandon and Fonda (in Reem Acra?) looked FANTASTIC.

11. Elisa June 8, 2009 at 20:02 #

I loved Marcia Gay Harden’s gown, and Angela Lansbury looked gorgeous and classic in her white pantsuit. But what was up with Hope Davis’s dress and hair??

On the male side, I loved Neil Patrick Harris’s leather suit! (Must have been hot as hell.)

12. mol June 8, 2009 at 20:12 #

Jessica Lange has aged wonderfully, but i feel like a touch more make-up would have helped with this dress as her face just kind of fades away…..whereas Chandra Wilson looks gorgeously radiant (although dress wise, I would wish for less embellishment around her bustline, as well as less volume on the lower part of the dress, which would have resulted in a sleeker longer line – she’s a cutie, but quite short I think?).

Josefina Scaglione wins with the best look for me – everything flows and fits, and there’s a perfect little pop (not so big as to be distracting) with the eggplant colored clutch. I love Anne Hathaway’s dress, but not the hair or (with this outfit) the shoes.

13. Raquel June 8, 2009 at 20:13 #

I agree, Marcia was the best dressed. Simply perfect.

I kind of think this is the first event in a looong time where *everybody* is well-dressed and well-coiffed. It doesn’t mean that I love all the looks, but generally speaking everything works for the occasion.

This said I really dislike Jessica’s lack o makeup, Josefine woo white foundation and Chandra’s hair.

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2009 at 20:39 #

LOL :)

14. Sydne June 8, 2009 at 21:03 #

I love when Anne sticks to classics. She looks so beautiful.

I remember seeing Catherine Malandrino in that chained dress when I went to her store opening. I think the designer pulls it off best.

15. Judy June 9, 2009 at 02:43 #

Who is the designer of piper Perado’s dress??

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2009 at 09:09 #

desperately looking. I love it.

I did think it was Zac Posen at first, but no :(

16. DM June 9, 2009 at 02:45 #

Best dressed at this event: Nancy La Scala & Marcia Gay Harden…

17. KY June 9, 2009 at 19:14 #

I think the dress actress Nancy La Scala wore was the most beautiful and elegant. Her body seemed to be made for the Malandrino gown. She Rocks! I hope to see more of her on the red carpet!!

18. Jimla July 29, 2011 at 17:12 #

Piper’s dress is so beautiful, I love the color on her. She is 35 years old and she looks like 20, how does she do that? I mean she is like Thalia and Rachel Weisz, they both look so much younger than their age, I would love to know what they do to achieve that. Is it just good genes? I hope to see more of her by the way xx