04.06.09

Visionaire 56 Solar

I’m not sure what has been happening to Tyra Banks lately, but look seems to have finally be exorcised of all her former tranny traits.

Her desire to be seen as ‘Fieerrce’ all the time, has been replaced by a soft, more lady-like and charming Tyra.

Seeing this minimalist white Calvin Klein Spring 2009 dress on the runway, I would never have imagine Tyra wearing it, but she pulls it off gracefully and without over accessorizing.

This the second Chloé look that Chloe Sevigny’s has rocked this week. Firstly the scalloped short suit, now this Chloé scalloped-edge blazer, with cut-off denim shorts, and black ankle booties.

As always when I look at Chloe, the hair lets her down. The comb-over should be only sported by balding men.

Source: Wireimage

In Chloe Sevigny's Closet - Chloe Scalloped-Edge Blazer

In Chloe Sevigny’s Closet – Chloe Scalloped-Edge Blazer

Rodarte Private Dinner

Rodarte Private Dinner

14 Responses to Visionaire 56 Solar

1. zoe June 4, 2009 at 16:58 #

wow! tyra looks great! is this a turning point for her?! maybe she’s been reading your blog! :)

this is chloe sevigny’s best chloe look. the combover was unnecessary…but i still think she looks fab.

• Fashion Critic June 4, 2009 at 17:13 #

2. robbie June 4, 2009 at 17:12 #

tyra, i love her now but i miss the tranny tyra look those always gave me a good laugh.

chloe, this is cute, i love the denim shorts i hate those boots though.

FC the comb over she NEVER be sported by ANYONE! not even balding men. it should be banned for life.

3. Gaber June 4, 2009 at 17:48 #

Tyra is to old to be pregnant right?

4. Caligirl June 4, 2009 at 18:18 #

So glad the Tranny Tyra is gone, and she looks again like the supermodel that she is!

OMG, what was Chloe thinking with that hair?? I’m just going to pretend that she forgot to do her hair, rather than think she actually thought it looked good!

5. From Russia With Love June 4, 2009 at 18:43 #

I don’t get Sevigny. She always looks so trashy.(((

• Fashion Critic June 4, 2009 at 18:50 #

I struggle to find the appeal as well.

Yes she’s quirky, but I don’t seek to copy her style.

6. Loveroffashion June 4, 2009 at 21:26 #

I just don’t understand Tyra shoes with that dress…Why ????????????????????? Couldn’t she have paired it with something like Stella McCarthy’s sleek looking sandal , and whats going on the the wig for Christ sake ?

7. DM June 5, 2009 at 01:44 #

I did a double take on that Tyra picture…I didn’t recognize her at all! She looks good though…

8. Paulo June 5, 2009 at 05:46 #

OMG! I can’t believe that’s Tyra. At first glance i really thought that was Liya Kebede…such a refreshing sophisticated look for her.

9. louis June 5, 2009 at 10:35 #

It’s a shame some people on these pages don’t really understand what a fashion icon is. If you have ever worn ray bans (she wore them first…was criticised for them and them MK Olsen got the credit for kick starting that trend), or high waisted jeans or even the whole vintage mixed with high fashion aesthetic (she was doing that before Kate Moss) then you have been influenced by Chloe. Also she doesn’t use a stylist….Tyra looks nice I guess…I mean her hair looks nice but I think it probably looked better on the russian girl it belonged to.

10. Boeshane June 5, 2009 at 11:58 #

I love Chloe Sevigny but really, I really have a problem with her hair and make-up. She have a great instinct about fashion, but she often seems a little sick, no?

11. whitestroke June 5, 2009 at 20:36 #

Chloe rocks this look. I even like the hair. It works.

12. Cleopatra June 5, 2009 at 20:42 #

I think I laughed for 5 minutes straight when i read the bit about the comb-over! Briliant!