04.06.09

Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition Preview Party

Agyness Deyn seems less annoying lately, mostly because she isn’t shoved in my face 24/7.

The model wore a gunmetal grey Giles Fall 2009 ultra mini dress, on a very mild evening in London, whilst carrying a blue House of Holland bag in the shape of a Monopoly house.

The super, who is only 5ft 8in, looks super-sized wearing a pair of black and white Christian Louboutin Differa sandals.

The berry shade of lippie doesn’t work for me, but was the right choice for her overall look, unlike her bubble gum pink nails.

Christopher Kane’s designs are so unique and so well structured, I’m surprised we don’t see more of his pieces on the red carpet.

Yasmin le Bon wore a nude Christopher Kane high neckline dress from his Spring 2009 collection, which is detailed with horizontal and vertical black leather scallops covering the dress.

The exquisite detail of this show-piece makes a very strong style statement, and I’m glad Yasmin pulls this of so effortlessly.

A fabulous dress, needs fabulous heels, and Yasmin doesn’t disappoint in that department either, wearing a stunning pair of Christian Dior Spring 2009 heels.

I don’t tend to find socialites very interesting, but I love Poppy Delevigne’s Chanel Spring 2009 gown.

She’s totally breath-taking, as she wears the gown which just an elegant grace, that she totally puts the model in the shade.

I much prefer the gown, without the brooch chain detail.

Erin O’Connor was a regal as ever, wearing black Temperley London Fall 2009 gown, with gold embroidered details.  She opted out of wearing the sari, which was presented on the runway.

Stella McCartney is so ahead of the game, I think it’s safe to assume that this glorious floral confection, with bold shoulders, and sculptural hips will be part of her Spring 2010 collection

Her shoes are also pretty spectacular, but they look like they’d pinch after a while.

Regardless, they are on my wish list. I like a good challenge.

I normally love what Beth wears, but this string vest look, I can’t get on board with.

Beth joins a long list of stars who have fallen for the ever so lust worthy Louis Vuitton Spicy heels.

All I can say about Alexa Chung is, I like her pink Chanel bag. The rest is to be expected, especially her two-tone hair.

[nggallery id=63]

Source:  Style.com & Wireimage

In Yasmin Le Bon's Closet - Christopher Kane Nude Leather Scallops Dress

In Yasmin Le Bon’s Closet – Christopher Kane Nude Leather Scallops Dress

Michelle Obama Lunches With Nancy Reagan Wearing Michael Kors & The Gap

Michelle Obama Lunches With Nancy Reagan Wearing Michael Kors & The Gap

22 Responses to Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition Preview Party

1. Terry June 4, 2009 at 12:42 #

I actually donì’t get Alexa Chung’s it girl status, because her style looks so boring and already seen 1,000 times. The Chanel ombre bag she’s carrying is lovely but it totally clashes with the rest of the outfit. It is like she picked it before leaving home, just to give some colour to her outfit, so out of place.

2. Paris Pastry June 4, 2009 at 12:52 #

Finally someone wore that Chanel gown! I’m just very disappointed it’s worn by Poppy first…

3. robbie June 4, 2009 at 12:56 #

agyness, i love it sort of like an edgy marilyn monroe. although i am getting sick of those shoes already.

yasmin, i love the dress and those gorgeous shoes are too die for arent they? but that clutch thing dont like that at all.

poppy, i love the dress without the chain. now that someone has wore it i wouldnt want kylie to wear this now.

erin, i love it! she just looks so classy she is a true supermodel. gorgeous as always.

stella, i love the dress it is cute although the hips put me off it. those shoes look nicde but they would hurt after a while.

beth, i love her but i am hating this outfit and im hating those shoes, im just so sick of seeing them everywhere they are hideous. the sooner heidi montag wears them the better.

alexa, boringggggggggg. the bag is lovely though.

4. Alexandra June 4, 2009 at 13:02 #

I HATE Alexa’s hair. It looks hideous, like some very huge roots! I can never say anything nice about her because of this hairstyle. And her haughty, unpleasant expression.

Stella looks as beautiful as ever. However, I wouldn’t dare to wear these shoes.

5. Tina Marie June 4, 2009 at 15:31 #

Agyness Deyn looks so awesome but I agree about the lip stick.

6. Ling June 4, 2009 at 15:44 #

Is Agyness Deyn really only 5″8? I always thought she was at least 6″! Her Monopoly bag is cute (I love Monopoly!) but it should really be green :P (or red if she was going for the hotel) Thank you for including the closeup shot of Stella McCartney’s shoes, from the far shot you can’t see the plastic strip and that really confused me! Also – why does Alexa Chung always insist on dressing everything down? She’s wearing a perfectly nice summery dress and she’s ruined it with the black cardie (it’s hardly cold out) and mismatching bag.

• Fashion Critic June 4, 2009 at 15:49 #

I know I was shocked at her height too, but that’s what Wikipedia.

I too was totally confused with the shoes. I was wondering how they stayed on, until the close up confirmed the plastic strap.

7. shoeaholic June 4, 2009 at 15:46 #

Poppy Delevigne looks lovely! I love the dress without the chain, she looks so graceful!

8. Alice[*] June 4, 2009 at 16:06 #

Agyness is weird but I like her.
    I also like Poppy and Stella.
    Alexa is normal,nothing special.Even the Chanel bag doesn’t seem appropriate for her look.

9. Raquel June 4, 2009 at 16:28 #

Love Stella! This dress is so cute it hurts.

Yasmin doesn’t age. What a pretty dress.

Beth, eh, not sold on this. It’s not flattering, and like Robbie I don’t like the heels.

10. Alyazia June 4, 2009 at 16:51 #

im totally in luv with Yasmin le Bon shoes, they seem to be the appropriate black shoes that could stay in ur wardrobe for years!!
    but do any of you have any idea from which brand are they?

11. zoe June 4, 2009 at 16:53 #

this post was incredibly interesting to read.
    firstly, because it made me fall in love with agyness deyn. when agyness was so big last year and was everywhere i absolutely hated her. i didn’t see her beauty, or any of her appeal. she just looked totally and utterly annoying to me. i didn’t even know the girl and i loathed her. but as of late, i have recognized her beauty and have started to appreciate her quirky personality. and i think she pulled off her extra funky look at this event quite well. and is she the first one to wear two tone differa sandals?

and then on top of slowly recognizing her beauty you hit me with the fact that she’s 5 foot 8 inches! wow! i always thought she was so much taller. yes, i am slightly jealous of uber tall women and wish i could be 5 foot 9 or 5 foot 10….but alas i am not. however agyness is closer to my height and so now i feel like we could possibly be kindred spirits! ahahaha. i’m ridiculous, i know.

ok…so for everyone else:

yasmin le bon looks SO much better when she smiles.

poppy looks fab. erin looks like a queen (as always), i LOVE stella’s shoes. i want them. her dress is ok too, but it looks like a bad thrift store find in some ways.

beth looks horrible…sorry beth. i know everyone loves you.

i love alexa’s dress and her chanel bag but…this look is boring overall.

12. David June 4, 2009 at 18:41 #

Clearly one of the best-dressed events of the week.
    I’m a bit surprised to see Stella wearing flowers, but she looks awesome.
    Alexxa’s dress is divine, too bad she’s wearing a dull black cardigan and flats. The bag is obviously too big.
    Yasmin… beyond fabulous! She’s on top of her game.
    I was afraid Agy lost her edge, so I’m really glad she’s still able to make a fashionable statememt.

13. Sophis June 4, 2009 at 22:11 #

I love stellas shoes-I think they are this season cos I saw a nude version in my vogue collections x

14. Natalie June 4, 2009 at 23:18 #

Oh my god, Poppy Delevigne’s Chanel number has me drroling!

15. DM June 5, 2009 at 01:46 #

McCartney looks so good!

16. Megha June 5, 2009 at 06:08 #

in love with yasmin le bon’s dress and shoes
    (those shoes especially…oh man….GORGEOUS!!)

but i’m so sick of the spicy heel thingeebobs
    i wouldnt wear those if someone paid me
    why are they so popular
    i understand edgy
    but they just look random to me

17. louis June 5, 2009 at 10:39 #

FC, I love you girl but I think you should stop commenting on Alexa’s hair. I get you don’t like and neither do I…but I see that washed out look on loads of hipster girls in NYC. It’s very played out…but I can see what look she’s going for you know?

18. whitestroke June 5, 2009 at 20:30 #

For a moment there I thought Poppy was January Jones. o_O

Stella McCartney – What an amazing dress! Can I get it now that you already wore it? :P

19. Lala/S-R June 5, 2009 at 20:59 #

I love me some Aggy!!! More Aggy, FC! She looks incredible, by the way. The lips really complimented the look. LOVE IT!!
    I think Ditto actually looks better than usual, FC. Sans the tights ofcourse!
    I think everyone at this event gave something special. They all went a bit edgy and it worked.

Happy Friday!!

20. irina June 8, 2009 at 05:58 #

LOVE UR SITE!!! Correction: Yasmin Le Bon looks likes she is wearing sandals from Christian Dior Spring 2009, not Jimmy Choo. And Erin O’Connor looks absolutely incroyable in that dress. I would rock that in a heartbeat (but I’d have to chop off half the bottom…lol).

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2009 at 09:27 #