02.06.09

DJ Hero Launch

I KNEW IT.

I knew it wouldn’t be long before Kim Kardashian jumped on the Balmain bandwagon.

For many of you this will be the final straw, as you couldn’t even bare to see Beyonce in Christophe Decarnin designs.

I love the zebra print embellished Balmain Fall 2008 jacket, but I HATE those ripped turned up jeans she insisted on wearing with it. They’re way too casual and way too scruffy for such a jacket.

Disappointment doesn’t even cover it.

Rihanna wore this jacket on “Star Academy” last year.

Taraji P. Henson got into the rock n’ roll spirit of this event ticking all the boxes to present herself as an archetypal rock chick:

Leather jacket – check, black leather pants – check, sexy lace top – check.

Black strappy sandals complete the rebellious look.

Ali Larter kept is very casual in also wearing black leather pants, a taupe tee, and a stunning textured clutch.

A multitude of necklaces punched up her look.

Dania Ramirez could have pulled off this strapless denim jumpsuit, if she has purchased it in her size.

The cute jumpsuit is just too small for her twins, and looks really uncomfortable.

A nameplate necklace, pearls, and a pink feathered bag complete this look.

Whilst everyone was on a rock chic vibe, Aisha Tyler opted to keep her look sexy and sweet. She opted for an ombre satin dress, with an oversized clutch.

[nggallery id=57]

Source & Source

Lily Collins In Christian Siriano - ‘Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Chicago Ridge Mall Meet & Greet

Lily Collins In Christian Siriano – ‘Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Chicago Ridge Mall Meet & Greet

Social Event Of The Weekend Catch Up

Social Event Of The Weekend Catch Up

14 Responses to DJ Hero Launch

1. Moody Crab June 2, 2009 at 11:58 #

Oh no! To me Balmain is now like a Herve Ledger and that is not good!!

Gosh, these Z-list celebs sure knows how to de-rep designers!

2. David June 2, 2009 at 12:07 #

Yeah, it’s pretty much over. I would just like to know who’s next to wear Balmain? Heidi Montag?? Or perhaps Doug Reinhardt?
    Poor Alisha among all those pseudo-rock chicks…

• Terry June 2, 2009 at 12:30 #

I bet on Heidi Montag and Amanda Bynes XD

• Fashion Critic June 2, 2009 at 12:39 #

I’ll go insane if that happens, but Heidi will be next :(

• Aideen June 2, 2009 at 16:52 #

its okay heidi is on ‘i’m a celebrity get me out of here’ you should check out her photo

• Fashion Critic June 2, 2009 at 17:03 #

Yes I almost cried laughing. I hope she stays until the end and has to do all the tasks.

I hope a channel in the UK buys the show, so I can see it.

It will be TV gold

3. kim June 2, 2009 at 12:15 #

omg i thought kim kardashian looked good!!. altleast she doesnt insist on wearing it everyday like victoria beckham…or wear it with everything else ripped and studded like rihanna does…

4. Gasp June 2, 2009 at 12:24 #

Are the stylists on holiday?? ‘Cause at this event nobody has the right look..
    Kim makes Balmain as cheapy as no one else can do! Rihanna totally rocks that oufit, and Kim totally ruined it with that awful jeans..
    Taraji is a little bit too old to wear those leather jeans and lace t-shirt!! She looks like she has stolen clothes from her daughter’s closet or has taken them from her “Rock” adolescence period!!
    Ali outfit is really boring and Dania suit is simply horrible: her twins seems to be exploding!!
    Aisha’s dress is very chic and elegant but, maybe, not right for that rock event..
    I’d hope to see at this event someone who really knows what “rock it out” means, like Coco Rocha or Chloe Sevigny..

5. shoeaholic June 2, 2009 at 12:28 #

Am I the only one who thinks Taraji P. Hensen looks awful?! That lace top makes the whole outfit look so cheap!

6. ber June 2, 2009 at 14:24 #

I like Ali’s look. It’s something casual that would wear.

7. BirkinEnvy June 2, 2009 at 19:52 #

Although Kim’s style has improved, sometimes she tries too hard. Besides the first who wore Balmain pieces to be innovative… everyone else is wearing them now to be “trendy.”

I think Taraji looks awful!!! The ensemble is not flattering at all to her body. Shoeaholic is so right, the lace top cheapens the entire look. Maybe she would’ve looked better if she would’ve gone a size up in everything.

Ali Larter looks… well boring.

I don’t care for Dania Ramirez’s jumpsuit very much. But she should’ve lost the ostrich and picked up a belt.

Aisha Taylor looks out of place… which is sad because she looks stunning. That says a lot for the other outfits at the event…

8. ben June 3, 2009 at 06:53 #

i like kim’s look very much.
    also, how refreshing is it to see taupe after so much nude on the red carpet?! thanks ali larter!

9. Gaber June 3, 2009 at 10:29 #

You go girl!
    That’s why I love Kim. As soon as I almost forget why she doesn’t matter – she goes and puts on the pants of horror and reminds me once again!
    *blows kisses*
    Love you Kim! Keep on sucking!

10. whitestroke June 5, 2009 at 19:42 #

Kim Kardashian – What an overkill!