01.06.09

2009 MTV Video Music Awards Japan

Fergie wore a swirly spiral of velvety blue ribbons, which made up her Marc Jacobs Fall 2009 dress.

The dress may have been made especially for her, as it’s hard to pick the exact look from the runway.

Those Christian Louboutin Differa sandals are becoming popular again, but they’re just the right type of edgy shoe to perfect this futuristic look.

A single silver bracelet, and a silver ring was all the jewelry she required.

Katy Perry sticks to her trademark quirky style wearing a Manish Arora embellished, peacock feather print dress.

This is one of the designer’s less flamboyant looks. Last year Katy wore a fabulous merry-go-around as a dress, when she hosted the MTV Europe Music Video Awards.

She paired this stunning creation with high heeled platform cut-out shoe-boots, and a chunky silver Daniel Swarovski bracelet.

I’m very disappointed with Ciara’s look. It’s very much on the futuristic vibe like Fergie and Katy, but the look is quite aggressive, and fails to flatter her.

She’s looked so much better.

BoA, who posed alongside singer Sean Garrett, wore a Loewe Spring 2009 black strapless dress, with white and black trimmed tulle flowers.

Her cute dress, was made edgy with black peep-toe booties, and a cropped jacket.

You may remember that Kate Bosworth wore this same dress, back in February.

Looking gorgeous is easy for Emiri Miyasaka, who is the 2009 Miss Universe Japan.

She wore a multi-coloured Gucci Spring 2009 floaty chiffon gown, which she belted, but opted to keep out one piece for an added twist.

Singer Thelma Aoyama wore a Roberto Cavalli Silk evening gown, with a psychedelic mish mash of bright colours.

Singer Yuna Ito also opted for a Roberto Cavalli gown.

Hers was less colourful, and more voluminous, swamping her tiny frame.

[nggallery id=53]

Source

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery - International Fashion Film Awards

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery – International Fashion Film Awards

2009 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

2009 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

18 Responses to 2009 MTV Video Music Awards Japan

1. robbie June 1, 2009 at 16:33 #

fergie, dress is nice but i am really getting bored of those loubies, they are becoming predictable.

katy, the dress is gorgeous but im not wowed by her, she used to be so out there and wacky but she is rather boring now.

ciara, i like the lipstick that all. dress is trashy and the shoes are boring.

emiri, i love this! the dress and the colour is perfect love the belted look but keeping a bit of the dress out.

thelma, that actually makes me feel rather ill. i hate her hair also the peace sign is just annoying. i take it her and miley cyrus could be friends.

yuna, that dress really isnt very flattering at all. she should have belted it at least to give her some shape.

2. Mónica B June 1, 2009 at 17:09 #

I also like Fergie dress but I really dislike that sandals…

3. Parvati June 1, 2009 at 17:22 #

I LOVE Fergie’s look! And this colour is beautiful!

4. Raquel June 1, 2009 at 17:33 #

Is it just me or those Differa sandals always look to small, like the feet always seem to be slipping out?

What really ruins Ciara’s look for me is the lipstick. Wrong color!

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2009 at 18:04 #

Nope, it’s not just you.

I think because they are so high, the foot is thrust forward, making it hang over the shoe.

5. T June 1, 2009 at 18:35 #

I don’t think it’s shells on Katy’s dress, they look like they are supposed to be peacock feather to me.

6. Priscila June 1, 2009 at 18:36 #

What about BoA and Crystal Key ? They were the big stars of the night!

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2009 at 18:41 #

I had not idea of who these people are, but thanks for bringing them to my attention.

7. Priscila June 1, 2009 at 19:15 #

Oh ,BoA, I’m in love with this look . Shame about the bored face ….

8. zoe June 1, 2009 at 19:20 #

i love katy perry’s look.
    ciara was definitely trying too hard with this look. i hate it.
    hmm..there are actually very few good looks at this event. the only looks that i am kind of drawn to are katy’s and fergie’s looks.

9. Kristen June 1, 2009 at 19:30 #

I have to say I ‘m loving Ciara’s look. the hair feels a bit Fergie-esque, but I’ll give her props for that fuchsia lip. it’s to die!

10. carrie @ bloomacious June 1, 2009 at 20:45 #

I actually just said wow like 5 times out loud – I just love all these outfits especially katy perry’s and fergies is so creative (even though I do agree the shoes are getting to be sort of cliche they’ve been worn so much).

11. johnjimat June 1, 2009 at 23:39 #

wow fergie looks really nice there… really likes her :)

12. Willa June 2, 2009 at 05:38 #

I wish more starlets would start wearing Manish Arora. He has so much fun and awesome stuff, i’m sure people other than Katy Perry and M.I.A. can appreciate it.

• Fashion Critic June 2, 2009 at 07:55 #

I like that his designs are a bit “underground”.

That way you appreciate them more when you see them.

13. suejin June 2, 2009 at 07:00 #

Wow, for once I love Katy Perry’s style. The dress is interesting and she is rocking it.

Priscila : Really you think Boa looks bored? Just curious on why you think so, when she’s smiling at the cameras?

BoA looks great. I love her booties.

Emiri is gorgeous! Stunning in that gown.

14. Rama Dimas June 3, 2009 at 06:54 #

FERGIE totally rockkksss… i love the colors and the dress itself

15. denise June 3, 2009 at 07:31 #

All I can say is wow! for Emiri. You should put her up for best dressed.