01.06.09 Worst Dressed

2009 MTV Movie Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
White sequin’s. I’ve never liked white sequin’s, as they cheapen any look.

I’m a huge fan of Miranda Cosgrove, she has such a fun loving approach to the red carpet, but on this occasion her white and gold sequined Sass & Bide Pre-Fall 2009 dress really lets her down.

Biggest Let Down Award
Looking at Cameron Diaz, I have only one question. What happened to you?

I was so looking forward to seeing Cameron upstage everyone at this event, as she usually blows us away. Remember her Luella polka dot mini?

Her look included deep rinse J Brand jeans, an animal print Matthew Williamson top, and blue suede ankle Giuseppe Zanzotti boots.

De Ja Vu/Christian Siriano Does Design More Than One Dress You Know Award
I’m so tired of seeing this Christian Siriano dress in various colours and lengths on the red carpet.

Christian has produced 2 collections, CariDee English could have really picked something else.

Despite all that, it’s a great mix of colours, but I hate her shoes.

Most Blah Award
Anna Faris doesn’t seem to get it right on the red carpet. Some times she’s too cutesy, others too casual, and on this occasion, blah.

No spark, no pizazz, no personality, and we all know she has plenty of that, which is why this is such a disappointment.

It’s Just Not Working Award
I’m always rooting for Rumer Willis, I don’t know why I have such a soft spot for her.

Maybe because I know she’s trying, but it just doesn’t seen to ever work, like with this black one-shoulder patchwork geometric print Emilio Pucci dress. Great dress, but she fails to make it work for her.

She needs to take a leaf out of Coco Rocha’s book, and go back to black.

Tights? In This Heat? Award
I love Sandra Bullock’s Abaeté Fall 2009 dress. The print reminds me off a midnight starry sky, but she can’t be seriously wearing tights.

I know I go on about tights, but they totally ruins this look for me.

I Just Can’t Take You Seriously Award
I think the title sums up how I feel about Lil Mama’s look.

Just Wish It Wasn’t Black Award
Hayden Panettiere wears such a cute Ungaro Spring 2009 dress, but come on girl, it’s summer.

Something in white, nude, or pink would have shown off her Cannes glow.

Click Here for the Best Dressed.

Source

Best Dressed Of The Week - Kerry Washington In Zuhair Murad

Best Dressed Of The Week – Kerry Washington In Zuhair Murad

In Megan Fox's Closet - Dolce & Gabbana Strapless Brocade Dress

In Megan Fox’s Closet – Dolce & Gabbana Strapless Brocade Dress

21 Responses to 2009 MTV Movie Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Jordan LaDiva June 1, 2009 at 08:05 #

Even though Lil Mama deserves to be on the Worst Dressed list, this is probably one of her best looks, it’s definitely not good, but it’s a lot better than what she usually wears on the red carpet.

2. André June 1, 2009 at 08:19 #

I quite like what Rumer is wearing, actually. I do dislike her hair colour, though.

3. Elaine June 1, 2009 at 08:36 #

Carmen Diaz looks like an old lady here! How disappointing!

4. robbie June 1, 2009 at 09:43 #

miranda, i liked this but i agree white sequins ruin dresses.

cameron, oh lord i hate this seriously, especially those booties.

caridee, i love the colours i must admit but i am a tad bored of this dress and the shoes strange mix of colours.

anna, i think she looks good actually although it is boring. SUMMER TIME = BRIGHT COLOURS! NOT BLACK, GREY OR BROWN!

rumer, i LOVE THIS DRESS! but she needs nicer shoes a nice pair os strappy sandals would have been lovely, she needs to go back to her dark hair.

sandra, why ruin a gorgeous dress with tights? especially in summer. the dress though is beautiful.

lil mama, i love the outfit but the hair is a mess TWO TONED HAIR ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. those yellow shoes are so pretty, i want a pair of yellow pumps.

hayden, i wish it was pink or a nice shade of blue.

seriously what the heck is up with hollywood, its summer and they dress like someone just died. i know we are all in a economic crisis but they dont need to look so dull.

5. Vera June 1, 2009 at 09:56 #

I really love Sandra and Hayden. My picks for the BDOTW!

6. Alice[*] June 1, 2009 at 10:28 #

Miranda,wrong choice.Even the shoes are ugly.
    Cameron seems very tired,I’m sorry,she’s such a solar girl.
    About Anna Faris I save the necklace and Caridee is nice but not the shoes’ colour.
    Rumer,uhm,this dress is not so nice,but her shoes are.
    I like Sandra,maybe the tights are a bit out of time,I think it’s warm there,so she wouldn’t have worn them.
    Lil Mama is funny XD
    Hayden too serious.

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2009 at 10:48 #

I didn’t even pan down to the shoes, the dress was bad enough LOL

7. louis June 1, 2009 at 10:36 #

The thing with Miranda is that she NEVER looks good. It’s a shame as she’s much more tolerable than that horsey teethed hick Miley as far as tween stars go…but I always think somethings off with her face! She looks OK but I always think she looks really old for her age…like a soccer mom or something.

8. wi June 1, 2009 at 10:37 #

omg I’m not a Diaz fan but even I was a bit stunned when I saw her at this event. What happened? D:
    anyway, Anna Faris does look blah but I lovvvve her hair!! ahaha the color is gorgeous.
    Hayden Panettiere, I just never ever find her interesting.
    : I think she;s wayyyyyyyyyyy too ordinary.
    LIKE WAY

9. David June 1, 2009 at 11:11 #

As so often, some girls form the worst-dressed list have caught my eye. :))) I’m getting a very strong Eighties vibe from Cameron, the top looks like a piece from Marc Jacobs’ latest collection (although it isn’t). As for Sandra Bullock, all I can say is that some women just don’t have perfect legs, and they still like to wear shorter skirts. The solution -> tights. Not so sure why it is so hard to understand that. I mean, why does everyone suddenly think it’s OK to present unpresentable legs?? ’cause it’s not.

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2009 at 11:16 #

There is just a thing a nude tights. They would cover blemishes if that was her issue, which I don’t she has because her legs are perfect.

Black tights are just too heavy.

I only personally wear then when I have too, and that is usually in the winter.

10. na June 1, 2009 at 12:26 #

miranda’s dress is by aussie label sass and bide.
    i have seen it worn well but not this time!

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2009 at 12:27 #

thanks :)

11. Elsie June 1, 2009 at 12:40 #

I really love Sandra’s look, even with the tights. She looks amazing

12. Lexa June 1, 2009 at 13:50 #

I also like Sandra’s look (even with tights) and Hayden’s is OK as well.
    But have you seen how Monique Coleman looked – that look was a disaster for me. Worst dressed just after Cameron…

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2009 at 13:56 #

OMG, I missed Monique

13. Sara June 1, 2009 at 17:43 #

OMG, everything about Cameron’s look is horrible from the ratty hair, weird top, unflattering jeans (it just goes to show that w/a body like hers, how bad they must be) and awful booties.

I thought Sandra looked beautiful, but I agree, would have been perfect w/o the tights. This is the MTV awards, so spice it up and be SEXY!

14. Bella June 1, 2009 at 20:43 #

I was expecting more / better from Cam, but I wouldn’t put her on the worst dressed list. I like her outfit. I think the pieces are nice and the boots are hot!

I like Hayden and Sandra looks.

Like CariDee, and agree with you about the colors and shoes.

Like Anna but agree about the lack of spark.

Only like the color combination of Lil Mama’s dress, shoes and bag.

15. carrie @ bloomacious June 1, 2009 at 20:49 #

cameron diaz looks really tired – like she just flew in and wore what she had on on the plane. she’s one of my fav’s so i hate to see her looking so worn out.

16. kerkosau June 2, 2009 at 10:11 #

Cameron looked wasted! I thought she’s going to be front liner in the best dressed because of her Vogue stint this month. I’m soooooooooo disappointed girl.

17. Gasp June 2, 2009 at 13:42 #