Runway To “Chocolat au Vin Benefit” – Kristin Davis In Oscar de la Renta

This is the first time in a long time, I’ve looked at Kristin Davis and not seen ‘Charlotte York’.

Kristin’s red carpet style always consists of cute 50s style dresses with full skirts, which flattered her pear shaped figure, and was very typical of her Sex and The City character.

Last night at the “Chocolat au Vin” benefit for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in New York, she gave us something new.

She gave us this gorgeous black sequined Oscar de la Renta strapless dress, with white embroidered details, and a feathered skirt.

The star carried a black clutch, wore silver earrings, adorned her wrist with a small silver bracelet, and left the rest of her accessories at home. A dress like this can stand alone.

For once Kristin’s look feel less vintage-inspired, and more modern and glamourous.

[nggallery id=49]

Source & Source

Ralph Lauren Seoul Store Opening

Ralph Lauren Seoul Store Opening

'Burberry Day'

‘Burberry Day’

7 Responses to Runway To “Chocolat au Vin Benefit” – Kristin Davis In Oscar de la Renta

1. Lucy May 29, 2009 at 12:09 #

Magic. Truly one of her best looks.

2. katia fortuna May 29, 2009 at 12:13 #

I love your blog, I see every day and is for my reference. Already tried the editor of the blog but I found nothing in your profile. I live in Brazil and would like an interview for my blog, it would be possible.
    I would be very happy.

kisses

• Fashion Critic May 29, 2009 at 12:18 #

Hi Katia, of course that would be possible.

3. Kiran Sooknandan May 29, 2009 at 13:36 #

LOVE IT! I only wish she experimented with the hair a little more. Through her whole SATC promo tour she did this 50′s-esque loose wave hair style. I would have loved something more sleek and straight to add a little more edge to her look. After these two De la Renta’s she has worn recently, lets hope come SATC the sequel, she’s showing the glamour in spades.

4. ber May 29, 2009 at 13:57 #

I had the same initial thought as you…she doesn’t look like Charlotte for once! Big improvement.

5. zoe May 29, 2009 at 17:52 #

kristin has impressed me.
    i don’t remember this dress, but now i’ll never forget it. along with leigh lezark’s burberry dress i want this in my closet asap.

6. Cheekygirl May 29, 2009 at 21:23 #

What’s a peach-shaped figure? Pear and apple, I get … but peach?