29.05.09

‘Burberry Day’

Yesterday was deemed Burberry Day, and many stars came out to celebrate.

Alexa Chung and Hilary Rhoda provided the nights entertainment, by both showing up in the same baby blue lace dress, which they both wore with a belt.

Ouch. That’s gotta be embarrassing, especially for Chung, who’s trying to make a name for herself in the US.

Hilary wore Manolo Blahnik Pepe sandals with her dress, whilst Alexa wore a blazer from the Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2009 collection, to try to cover her shame, with platform boots from the Burberry Fall 2009 collection.

Blake Lively wore a Burberry Prorsum Spring 2009 boyfriend jacket, which reached the hem of her mini skirt.

You’ll be happy to see that the twins aren’t on full display on this occasion.

This is a cute, non-fussy laid back look for Blake.  I really like it.

When you are the House model, you can have a dress made especially for you, and that’s exactly what happen for Lily Donaldson.

The presented white chiffon Burberry Prorsum Fall 2009 knee-length dress, was considerably shorten for Lily, to show off her long legs, and suit her sassy style.

Like Alexa, she wore the Burberry Fall 2009 black suede booties.

Leigh Lezark looked stunning teaming a pleated eggplant Burberry Prorsum Fall 2008 dress, with a grey clutch, black pointy heels, and a smouldering stare.

Claire Danes oozed glamorous chic, wearing a draped dove grey Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2009 bubble hem dress, accented with a wide black belt, and T-bar Burberry sandals.

The original runway dress was worn on the red carpet by Agyness Deyn, and made several appearances in fashion magazines across the world, after it’s Spring 2009 presentation, but it’s now been archived.

Molly Sims wore a Burberry Prorsum chocolate brown dress, with the same feather embellishments, which accentuated her blonde hair and tanned skin.

Julia Restoin-Roitfeld flouted the unwritten rule by wearing an Alexander Wang white jersey dress, we have seen 3 times before.

To say I’m over this dress is putting it mildly, and I don’t need to tell you what I think about the heels.

Even though Rose McGowan looked quite out of place at this event, she does pull off her oversized cream suit with great style. Giving us 80s retro chic.

Alexis Colby would be proud.

[nggallery id=51]

Source & Source

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

2009 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

2009 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

14 Responses to ‘Burberry Day’

1. Alice[*] May 29, 2009 at 15:07 #

Blake is lovely,great legs.
    I dont’t like Alexa’s hair,so…blah.
    Lily and Leigh are both beautifil girls,and they look very nice in their dresses.
    I like the white dress of Julia,but yes,those YSL pumps are boring.Claire is simply chic.

Sorry for some mistakes,I’m Italian but I always follow your blog ;)

• Fashion Critic May 29, 2009 at 15:08 #

thanks Alice ;)

2. r1ma May 29, 2009 at 15:36 #

in terms of Julia’s YSL two’s I don’t blame these celebrities who like them

seriousley…sometimes it is a case of comfort and half the time, the toture of an outfit is in the heelse

• EmmaB May 29, 2009 at 22:25 #

I agree about comfort, but I am personally tired of them

Rossi
      Zanottii
      Caovilla

Their are other brands out there

3. shoeaholic May 29, 2009 at 15:40 #

Lily Donaldson.. That dress is divine!

4. louis May 29, 2009 at 16:32 #

Alexa carries the look off better than Hilary. She wears BURBERRY in the way it should be worn. With a laid back messy nonchalance. This is what annoys about most of the US based girls…they don’t wear BURBERRY well. Rose McGowan looks dreadfull…she makes that suit look like its Cavalli or Versace…although I will say all these girls are an improvement on the LA store opening. Big LA hair and Burberry don’t mix.

5. mila May 29, 2009 at 16:42 #

ohhh i love what Blake and Molly are wearing…They look beautiful!

6. renyV May 29, 2009 at 16:56 #

I love Lily’s look.

7. bee May 29, 2009 at 17:20 #

Blake looks GORGEOUS and even though Julia’s dress has been worn, she looks better than Michelle, Marisa, or Lindsay in it. MUCH better.

I need Lily’s dress really, really badly. It’s lovely!!!

8. zoe May 29, 2009 at 17:49 #

hilary looks great and alexa needs to impress me soon.

lily looks like such a doll. <3 her.

leigh looks amazing. i want this outfit in my closet.

molly is glowing <3

even those julia is wearing familiar pieces, this is an amazing look on her.

9. FashionABLE May 29, 2009 at 22:28 #

Am I alone in hating LIly’s boots?

They are so horrible with her cute dress.

10. Alexis May 31, 2009 at 22:52 #

I love, love, love Lily Donaldson’s look.

11. whitestroke June 5, 2009 at 18:00 #

My favorite look here is actually Alexa Chung.

That Alexander Wang dress have been worn by everyone and their mother.
    Don’t let me start on the shoes…

12. papalima June 19, 2009 at 02:53 #

OK, I’m late to this party, but I just have to comment, bec. I agree with louis who said: “She wears BURBERRY in the way it should be worn. With a laid back messy nonchalance. This is what annoys about most of the US based girls…they don’t wear BURBERRY well.” None of these girls get it except for Lily and Alexa. They know how to wear Prorsum and the rest are clueless! Christopher B. has a very specific vision and aesthetic to his collections, which I believe should be honored – especially on Burberry Day, fer ef’s sake!! Signed: One of the hugest Burberry/C. Bailey fans on the planet…..