28.05.09

37th Annual FiFi Awards

The FiFi Awards, is fragrance industry’s equivalent to the Oscars, where Paris Hilton was honoured with “Female Celebrity Fragrance of the Year” award last night.

This is the first time in a long time that I love what Paris is wearing.

Out goes the billowing dresses, and jeweled headbands, and in comes this Georges Chakra Fall 2009 Couture purple dress, with draping, navy bows and jewel encrusted details.

She completes the look with her favourite Gina heels.

Who would have thought Queen Latifah and Paris Hilton, would share the same taste in designer?

Queen Latifah befit her regal name, by looking breath-taking wearing a charcoal grey lame dress, from Georges Chakras’ Fall 2009 ready-to-wear collection.

I love the sleeve that drapes over her shoulder, and the smokey eyes.

Along with Paris, she is up for Best Dressed of The Week.

Senior Vice President & Creative Director of Estee Lauder, Aerin Lauder, opted for a blue Lanvin leopard print dress.

This is not an easy look too pull off, but I would have worn it without the belt.

Mary J Blige wore a watercolour print Roberto Cavalli maxi dress, with the signature gold serpent.

Her gold drop, emerald stone earrings, complemented the look perfectly.

Hilary Rhoda wore a beige strapless fitted Jacques Fath dress, with a peplum at the waist, plus an origami pleated detailing trimming the neckline.

As much as I love her dress, I also love her gold chandelier earrings, and her black Jimmy Choo strappy sandals.

Unfortunately Kate Walsh’s look is really not working for me.

Not the lurex pink Hugo Boss dress, nor the hairstyle.

Source & Source

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Winona Ryder For Elle UK July 2009

Winona Ryder For Elle UK July 2009

15 Responses to 37th Annual FiFi Awards

1. shoeaholic May 28, 2009 at 14:26 #

Hilary Rhoda looks stunning!

2. robbie May 28, 2009 at 15:16 #

paris, is nice but does she not have any other shoes. another event where she hasnt wore a headband, maybe she reads this site :-P.

the queen, perfection as usual. yet another dress which she looks better in than the model. love it all truly best dressed of the week (unless kylie in dolce and gabbana is in the running :-P)

aerin, belt shoes and hair just ruin it!

mary j, she looks hot love the simply accessories and the dress is nice, but am i the only person who finds the whole serpent thing on roberto cavalli looks rather tacky?

hilary, i like it but im more in love with her jimmy choos those are lovely.

kate, the dress is gorgeous but its a little too edgy for her. plus the hair is to elegant for an edgy look.

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2009 at 18:27 #

Jimmy Choo…Thanks. Of course you would know that ;)

• robbie May 28, 2009 at 19:36 #

i am a jimmy choo freak :-P they are from the fall 2009 collection, which has some beautiful shoes :-)

3. Raquel May 28, 2009 at 15:28 #

Aerin is wearing the shorter version of the same Lanvin dress that Maggie Gyllenhaal wore for the Oscar this year. I like the longer one better, but Aerin looks really cute.

4. ber May 28, 2009 at 15:35 #

I want Hilary Rhoda’s dress. I hope she makes the Best Dressed list.

5. BirkinEnvy May 28, 2009 at 15:54 #

I’ve decided that I’m biased when it comes to Paris Hilton. I cannot stand her as an individual, therefore I cannot stand anything she wears. I agree with Robbie… she needs to get some new shoes!!! I also prefer the shorter version of the dress worn on the runway model.

Queen Latifah looks stunning. I love the color of the dress and the sleeve detail. Definitely my vote as a contender for Best Dressed of the Week.

I’m not super opposed to Kate Walsh’s dress… but the wrinkles on the front ruin it for me. And I agree with FC: Negative on that hair.

6. Lauren May 28, 2009 at 15:59 #

I love Paris in this dress! She looks so pretty and Im so glad you has decided to ditch the headbands.

Btw, I found this gorgeous shoot that Emma Watson done. It was shot by Karl Lagerfeld for Crash Magazine. She wears Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood. I’d love to know what you think of it!

7. Ling May 28, 2009 at 16:09 #

I’m so glad that Paris has stopped her headband obsession (hopefully it’s permanent!) I love the colour of her dress but the bow on the hip is a little distracting. Hilary Rhoda looks gorgeous!

8. Steph May 28, 2009 at 16:36 #

This is my first time posting on here but have been reading for a while, kudos to you FC! Love the new layout. I don’t know how you do it hey especially keeping up with events not just in the UK or the US but Asia as well! :D

Hilary Rhoda’s look I think is my favourite, her dress looks like it could be Preen? …And I would totally kill for Mary J Blige’s body, what a babe! I mostly like Queen’s look, although is it just me or does the sleeve seem a little bit superfluous? I reckon it would look better without it, but otherwise flawless!

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2009 at 16:46 #

Hey Steph, thanks for your comment.

I had a look in the most recent Preen collections, and couldn’t find it, but thanks so much for your suggestion.

9. crazy/beautiful May 28, 2009 at 17:31 #

LOVE Hilary’s dress. Which designer is she wearing?

10. Paola May 28, 2009 at 17:31 #

Is the dress that hillary wears from redux charles Chang Lima?

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2009 at 17:36 #

Not sure. I’m still trying to find it.

11. zoe May 28, 2009 at 18:01 #

this was a well dressed event.

paris was looking horrible at cannes, but i’ve loved her last two looks. this look especially is just so beautiful. that dress is stunning. i hope she continues to dress this well.

queen latifah looks…ok. i really don’t like that sleeve. it’s strange.

aerin lauder zinterhofer looks amazing! she’s really been making an effort lately. her hair and skin are just glowing. love it!

hilary rhoda <33333333333333333333333 another model that i’m seriously in love with. she is such a goddess. so beautiful! *gush gush gush* she looks amazing. instead of putting queen latifah in the best dressed poll i’d put hilary in it. <333

kate walsh doesn’t look that bad to me, but it’s definitely not one of her best looks. the hair is what is ruining it. a sleek ponytail would have been good.