Who Wore Helmut Lang Better? Beyonce or Rihanna

It’s the battle we’ve all been waiting for. Bey vs. Ri Ri.

On the European leg of her tour, Beyonce took some time out to shop in the Balmain Paris store, followed by lunch with her mother.

Beyonce wore a Helmut Lang marble printed tank, with an embellished emerald green skirt, a black leather jacket, black peep-toe booties, and a stunning Iradj Moini necklace.

Rihanna wore summery white jeans with her Helmut Lang tank, when she was spotted leaving Da Silvano Restaurant, in New York a few weeks later.

Rihanna toughens up her look, adding slouchy black boots, a tailored cropped sleeve blazer, a Matthew Williamson printed scarf, a large snakeskin tote, and oversized sunglasses.

Rihanna’s ultra-luxe finish to her grunge-inspired look, wins for me.

Source

In Beyonce & Rihanna's Closet - Helmut Lang Marble Print Tank

In Beyonce & Rihanna’s Closet – Helmut Lang Marble Print Tank

15 Responses to Who Wore Helmut Lang Better? Beyonce or Rihanna

1. Ahot May 27, 2009 at 11:20 #

Riri hands-down. when it comes to edgyness, there is no room for Bey.

2. shoeaholic May 27, 2009 at 11:50 #

Bey, almost solely because of that amazing green skirt! I’m a sucker for anything glittery!

3. love-fashion May 27, 2009 at 11:57 #

Beyoncé…
    I feel like Rihanna is trying too hard to be edgy and trendy,but she fails!
    though Bey’s outfit is not that good!

• Terry May 27, 2009 at 14:07 #

I totally agree with you. I still don’t get the reason why Rihanna chooses to wear EXACTLY the same clothes seen on B :(

4. Mai May 27, 2009 at 13:21 #

i’m sick of r&b singers dressing like Rihanna. Beyonce used to be all glam, body hugging, neck plunging, her momma’s designs/clothes and now she dresese like Rihanna want-to-be.

• Lala/S-R May 27, 2009 at 23:32 #

You’re a joker. Are we forgetting that a couple of years ago, Rihanna was only the biggest Beyonce clown? Rest assured, I’m not a Beyonce fan (neither I’m I a Rihanna fan), but I’d much rather listen to her over Rihanna. Because she’s very talented vocally, and Rihanna is just…well, hmm, what the f*ck is she? She’s subjectively a “singer”. Though hard to believe, that’s what they dubbed her.
      I’m assuming you’re a Rihanna fan? I wouldn’t expect anything different from a fan anyway. You guys are so confined to her and her so-called “style” that you lose sight of the fact that her outfits are contrived and forced 99.9% of the time.

5. Rama Dimas May 27, 2009 at 13:22 #

finally you put that beyonce picture… i love her skirt… and hey, beyonce didnt try to be edgy.. its lovely..

rihanna’s boot is so awful for me….

xx

6. ella May 27, 2009 at 13:38 #

definately queen B
    by the way wats up with rihannas hair :s

7. love-fashion May 27, 2009 at 13:38 #

you’re wrong Mai: Rihanna is cpying Beyoncé: look a the date:)

• Mai May 27, 2009 at 22:26 #

i see the date but rihanna been rihanna longer than Beyonce copying rihanna.

8. Gaber May 27, 2009 at 16:06 #

Ri-Ri has bigger balls than I do!
    And by the poor fit of those jeans – I think I see them!

9. nicole May 27, 2009 at 17:02 #

Beyonce!! Even though i dont think Rihanna could go wrong with her look really is pretty dressed down (still HATE the hair) i think B looks more chic casual.. There have been many times over the last little while that B has had some amazing street looks while Rihanna has tried to hard.

10. zoe May 27, 2009 at 19:06 #

the jacket is too long on rihanna and i am just loving beyonce’s glam spin on the look and her dazzling smile. of course beyonce wins this.

11. Lala/S-R May 27, 2009 at 23:15 #

Though I don’t like the look on either of them, I think Beyonce looks effortlessly chic (sans the pantyhose ofcourse). The person responsible for that mess on Rihanna’s head is pure evil. Pure f-in evil!!

12. mystery gal June 15, 2009 at 18:21 #

my god man u ppl itz soooooooo obvious BEYONCE IZ DA BEST da woman neva tries 2 hard lyk rihanna i mean wtf” rihannna iz nice but in style jesus itzjust copyiin and u lot neeed 2 face facts da gal lukz lyk she wanna kill sum1 man
    oh and gaber ur NASTY blad though i burst out laughiin blad joka and a half i say u r
    anywhoz as usual face it rihannna no 1 lykz uuuuuuu well except 4 losers obvioulsy looooooooool =D