27.05.09 Advertising

Givenchy’s Fall 2009 Advertising Campaign

Creative director Riccardo Tisci opted for some changes, for the Givenchy Fall 2009 advertising campaign.

Photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, gave way to Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, who’s new creative approach, gave us a campaign in colour, and away from a studio.

Mariacarla Boscono, Tisci muse, is the only model who remains in the campaign, joined by Iris Strubegger, Leonor Scherrer, and newcomer Ranya Mordanova.

The other new addition, is the biggest surprise.

Guess who this demonic angel is.

Adriana Lima.

Surprising right?

Source

In Padma Lakshmi's Closet - Alberta Ferretti Orange Satin Dress

In Padma Lakshmi’s Closet – Alberta Ferretti Orange Satin Dress

18 Responses to Givenchy’s Fall 2009 Advertising Campaign

1. love-fashion May 27, 2009 at 12:04 #

omg Gvenchy is a Dolce and Gabbana wannabe lol

2. anne May 27, 2009 at 12:04 #

adriana lima:). I’m guessing you don’t like her very much right?:))

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2009 at 12:06 #

What???? :)

I love her.

• anne May 27, 2009 at 12:22 #

oh really? i always thaught you don’t like her:)) .that’s great. i love her too but it bothers me that she is so absorbed with all this work for VS that she never has time for something else

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2009 at 12:25 #

Hopefully, after she has had her baby, she can continue to do this type of work.

3. FelipeA May 27, 2009 at 12:31 #

i think it’s not as much as she’s absorbed by it, it’s that people seem to think vs girls sold out and they lose street cred. i’m glad she’s making all the haters eat their words. she looks like dita and marilyn manson’s offspring. as much as i love this campaign and the whole givenchy feel, couldn’t it look a little less like dolce’s fall 03 campaign?

• Parvati May 27, 2009 at 16:59 #

LOL at the “dita and marilyn manson’s offspring” comment! :P

4. Ally May 27, 2009 at 13:03 #

Dark lipstick + no eyebrows = creepy and unnecessary.

5. Mai May 27, 2009 at 13:18 #

omg! i didn’t even recognize her and i saw the campaign pics last night!!!
    that is surprising for a vs model to do Givenchy!!!

6. Marianna May 27, 2009 at 13:26 #

Adriana Lima! Brazilian just like me, from the same city! :)
    Gorgeous and a new person…

7. Evanthe May 27, 2009 at 14:18 #

Adriana Lima?? Wow, I did not recognize her!

8. LILA May 27, 2009 at 14:25 #

I would have loved this campaign so much more if Ranya had not been in it! In my opinion she doesn’t suit the brand at all..but i love the other addiciton, Iris, Adriana and Leonor..who looks a lot like Malgosia and Inguna, btw. And a Givenchy ad wouldn’t be the same without MariaCarla! And the male ad looks a bit weird..except for Simon, the other 2 look so much like Ranya with that bowl haircut..and it’s not a compliment ^^ But i agree with you, I’d love to see Adriana go back to high fashion..she’s a real beauty!
    P.S. I miss Lakshmi *-* ^^

9. T May 27, 2009 at 15:23 #

Adriana does a miniscule amount of work compared to most fashion models. It’s not that she doesn’t have the time, but that the majority of top designers, photographers, editors ect. just don’t rate her. The reason behind the diverse casting is because Ricardo wanted to show with the collection that he could design for all types of women. What better way than to turn a vs angel into a Givenchy woman, the campaign has been growing on me, but I’m not a fan of the casting. Iris just doesn’t have the Givenchy look to me and Ranya looks so out of place imo.

10. zoe May 27, 2009 at 18:42 #

FC–you ask, “Who’ve thought the Victoria’s Secret Angel we’re used to seeing pouting in her underwear, could pull this off?”

the answer is: I would! i’ve had my eyes focused in on her and have been watching her every move since she walked for givenchy recently. congrats adriana! lookin’ good.

11. SarahV May 27, 2009 at 20:31 #

Mariacarla looks gorgeous here!!
    Nice campaign I must say.. a little dark, but stunning.

12. Lala/S-R May 27, 2009 at 23:49 #

“…after she has had her baby, she can continue to do this type of work.” SHE’S PREGNANT!!?!!!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!??? O__O
    It’s GREAT to see a different side of Adriana!!!! I like “edgy” on her. Oh,hell! The woman is capable of pulling off anything!

13. Guiseppe May 28, 2009 at 05:53 #

I think it’s good Adriana Lima is going past the VS boundaries. I hope more designers notice her and add her to their campaigns. Would LOVE to see Lima in a Versace show!

14. Kristen May 30, 2009 at 22:45 #

Adriana looks positively scary here! I’ve got to hand it to her for doing something different, but I think I prefer her pretty, bronzed and buxom and not “AntiChrist Superstar.”