Olivia Palermo’s Obsession – YSL Tribute Sandals

Last year, the utterly sexy IT shoe was the YSL Tribute Platform T-Strap Sandal.

Julianne Moore was the first celebrity to wear them back in January 2008, then every celebrity from Eva Longoria, to the Kardashian sisters, seemed to snap them up in every colour.

Everyone then moved onto the YSL Trib Two heels. All except Olivia Palermo.

I have a pair of beige, blue and coral striped Marc Jacobs heels, which I had for 5 years, known as my “summer heels”. Last week one of them snapped, and I still haven’t had the courage to throw them away, so I understand how you can be attached to one pair of heels.

Since April 29, Olivia has attended 6 events, wearing pretty florals, pastels colours, paisley prints, LBDs, a sequined jacket, and a black tuxedo jacket, but the heels have remained the same.

She obviously really loves the heels, but I remember a time when celebs wouldn’t be caught dead wearing the same thing twice. With the credit crunch hanging over all of us, it appears celebs want to show us they’re ordinary, just like us.

I’m ordinary, my friends and family are ordinary. I look to people like Olivia to give us something new, especially someone with her style and taste. I hope she switches things up soon.

Source & Source

'One Direction: This Is Us' World Premiere

‘One Direction: This Is Us’ World Premiere

Katie Holmes' Obsession - Valextra White Shopping Bag

Katie Holmes’ Obsession – Valextra White Shopping Bag

14 Responses to Olivia Palermo’s Obsession – YSL Tribute Sandals

1. mette May 26, 2009 at 12:30 #

I really like her style and the fact that celebs aren’t bothered by being seen in the same outfit or shoes more than ones.
    I would like to know if YSL heels are comfortable since they are such a hit with celebs?

• Fashion Critic May 26, 2009 at 12:58 #

I don’t know about these tribute sandals, but the Trib Two’s are the most comfortable heels in the world.

2. RoseCouture May 26, 2009 at 13:20 #

I love Olivia!
    Her Style is so amazing :D
    The shoes are nice… they fit to everything
    xoxox

3. Ling May 26, 2009 at 13:21 #

What about her obsession with the same hairstyle?? It ages her so much, she looks so much better and younger with her hair down!

4. renyV May 26, 2009 at 13:25 #

That third outfit is perfection! And heels are to die for! no wonder she wears them so often!

5. Lexa May 26, 2009 at 14:23 #

These sandals are quite hideous. Honestly, I cannot understand why they were so popular with so many other great shoes around ;/
    Having said that, I must admit that I really like Olivia’s third look from the left.

6. Haley May 26, 2009 at 17:57 #

I’d really like to see a picture of your MJ-heels:)

7. BirkinEnvy May 26, 2009 at 20:02 #

I completely agree with you FC… I think of Olivia Palermo as someone who tries to be innovative and ahead of the trend. So, it’s disappointing that she would continue to wear the Trib Sandals even after they’ve been played out for so long. It’s one thing to have a favorite shoe… but it’s a bit much to wear them with every outfit.

BTW… I love the newly renovated website :)

8. hally May 27, 2009 at 05:37 #

olivia palermo bores me. i find her boring, no matter her socialite aspirations.

Fashion Critic, as for your beloved heels, if they are still in presentable condition, take them to a good cobbler, he should be able to fix the broken heel and make the pair look good as new!

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2009 at 08:45 #

I hope so. That’s why I haven’t thrown them out yet.

9. M R May 27, 2009 at 21:24 #

I have a pair , veryyyy comfortable shoes. Most YSL shoes with a platform at the front are usually very comfortable

10. Lauren June 15, 2009 at 23:09 #

Just saw the new burgundy color!!!! They are even more amazing in person!!! http://madisonlosangeles.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=9027

11. Lori April 8, 2011 at 21:48 #

I could not disagree more. We need amazing self-stylists like Olivia to show us that you should invest in an amazing shoe and wear it over and over again. Celebs who clearly have stylists shoehorn them into a new pair every day can be spotted a mile away. Olivia is showing us all how to be celeb fabulous every day and that the same shoe does not mean boring.

Listen, girl has two Birkins, she’s not hurting for money. She wears the shoes because she loves them, and isn’t that what fashion is about? Wearing clothes that make you feel and look good. Every outfit should be your favourite outfit. Every shoe you buy and wear should be your favourite shoe!

Even though I disagree with you here, I am a huge fan of your website and have just spent the last 3 hours on it because I can’t. Look. Away. And your depth of knowledge is astounding. Keep up the truly excellent work.

• Fashion Critic April 8, 2011 at 21:59 #