26.05.09

Mardan Palace Launch Cocktail Reception

Many stars attended the Mardan Palace Hotel opening in Turkey, which is Europe’s most expensive luxury resort.

Mariah Carey was one of the performers on the night.  She arrived on the red carpet, wearing a green striped Roberto Cavalli plunging gown.

Cavalli signature gold serpent seems to under a lot of pressure, keeping Mariah’s gown together.

I only say this because I’m jealous.

Monica Bellucci shows off her enviable figure, wearing a beautiful fishtail blush pink lace gown.

I like that she kept her make-up light and luminous, to complement her gown.

Paris Hilton gave us a twirl Рas she so often does Рshowing us the full capacity of her fuchsia pink Canker Ka̤ar gown.

She glows in pink, and I much prefer this gown to the Basil Soda gown she wore to the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Benefit.

Sharon Stone continues to keep tackiness at bay, wearing a stunning Roberto Cavalli black strapless gown, with a feathered skirt.

Source

16 Comments
Best Of Cannes Film Festival

Best Of Cannes Film Festival

In Mandy Moore's Closet - Miu Miu Short Sleeved Dress

In Mandy Moore’s Closet – Miu Miu Short Sleeved Dress

16 Responses to Mardan Palace Launch Cocktail Reception

1. SarahV May 26, 2009 at 16:49 #

Paris’ face is so many shades lighter than her body! That totally distracts me from the gown she’s wearing – which I do happen to like, and it’s kind of a rare thing for me to like anything Paris wears…

2. FelipeA May 26, 2009 at 17:37 #

Don’t be jealous of mariah. they’re not real

• Fashion Critic May 26, 2009 at 17:40 #

I always thought they were. :O

• The one May 26, 2009 at 22:18 #

dont be silly FelipeA, they ARE real, if they weren’t why would they have the natural droop? why wouldn’t she just call up the doctor for a touch up? Focus on the fashion and not random detail you are unsure about.

3. robbie May 26, 2009 at 17:55 #

mariah, why does it always look like she wears clothes 2 sizes smaller than she should? maybe its cause of her boobs. i kinda like this, but i cant say i am wowed.

monica, i would have loved this dress is it was strapless, i wish she did something else with her hair though.

paris, i love the dress but not on her. i am in shock she didnt wear her trademark headbands.

sharon, wow and for once it is wow for a good reason, she looks amazing. not a hint of tackiness in sight for a change, and very age appropriate.

4. Anissa May 26, 2009 at 18:11 #

I’m in shock. Where are all of Paris’s baubles and sparklies?! Could she actually leave the house w/o a headband? Wow. And her neck is bare too…

5. Sasha May 26, 2009 at 18:50 #

I love the new design!! Congratulations you won an award!! Stop by!!

6. alex May 26, 2009 at 19:21 #

i read an article about the opening of the mardan palace hotel on the daily mail website. It made me laugh out loud when the journalist writing said that she had spoken to sharon stone who said that she thought ‘leopard print was neutral’. I think this explains her style choices…

7. BirkinEnvy May 26, 2009 at 19:58 #

I’m shocked that Mariah Carey chose a dress that wasn’t made of spandex! The dress is beautiful, however her chest draws all of the attention (which, on her, isn’t good attention, in my opinion).

Monica Bellucci’s dress is stunning. I think she could’ve done without the shawl, as the dress is gorgeous on it’s own.

I agree with the other comments… no headband for Paris??? She makes this dress look cheap, just like she always does.

Sharon Stone keeps surprising with her choices. I wonder when she’ll fall apart and go back to tacky.

8. zoe May 26, 2009 at 21:30 #

sharon’s new hairstyle is really working out for her.

i love how paris looks here. i’m so happy she opted against wearing a headband.

9. Kristie May 27, 2009 at 03:20 #

Robbie – I think it’s because she deliberately picks dresses that are two sizes smaller! I just think she’s taken a perfectly nice dress and made it look tacky, all because she wants to show off her breasts. Such a shame.

10. D Putterman May 27, 2009 at 03:37 #

“…to compliment her gown…” Wrong

When two things (colors, styles, etc.) go together they complement each other.

If I say something nice about your clothes I compliment you.

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2009 at 08:54 #

11. TMCFS May 27, 2009 at 04:37 #

Mariah has improved a LOT lately, and I guess this dress shows it. I was also surprised she did not pick something skin tight. I like this dress and Cavalli always looks good on her. And yes, the chest could’ve been an inch more covered.

12. Tia May 27, 2009 at 06:02 #

At least Mariah is kind of healthy looking as opposed to so many other anorexic-looking celebs.

Monica Bellucci is the epitome of womanly gorgeousness- an inspiration. I love this look.

13. Ahot May 27, 2009 at 11:45 #

Guys, Mimi will always show us a lot of cleavage, so get use to it. It’s her style… Robbie i think there is no wow effect because of her make-up :not flattering at all! i hate this pink lipstick, it never works. on nobody.