26.05.09 In Her Closet

In Rihanna’s Closet – Alexander Wang & Matthew Williamson

This is the first time in a long time I have LOVED what Rihanna is wearing head-to-toe.

She wowed onlookers in a sexy black and nude strapless Alexander Wang corset dress, with Jil Sander pumps.

Some might say she was a little overdressed for a mere afternoon visit to her pal, Kanye West, but I say she looks fabulous. Soft, feminine and beautiful.

Whilst having some much needed retail therapy, hitting several boutiques including Intermix in New York, Rihanna wore a Matthew Williamson gathered leather coat, as a belted dress.

The look was paired with black knee high boots, and reptile accessories.

This is also another great look.  Not too over the top – with the exclusion of her hair – but still showing a lots of personality.

She’s starting to be fabulous again. I hope it lasts.

[nggallery id=45]

Source & Source & Source

In Rihanna's Closet - Matthew Williamson Leather Coat

In Rihanna’s Closet – Matthew Williamson Leather Coat

Olivia Palermo's Obsession - YSL Tribute Sandals

Olivia Palermo’s Obsession – YSL Tribute Sandals

15 Responses to In Rihanna’s Closet – Alexander Wang & Matthew Williamson

1. JacobGH May 26, 2009 at 10:26 #

i almost totally agree with you here. rihanna looks great from forehead to toe lol. seriously, how much money do you think she pays her hair stylist to commit that crime on top of her head? such a shame! for once, her looks are not overdone and not trying too hard. i particularly love that first ensemble. that dress is SICK.

XOXO
    JGH

2. Rama Dimas May 26, 2009 at 10:47 #

I totally agree with you, her dress is beautiful and I love her bag. but her hair is duh i still cannot like it

3. Ahot May 26, 2009 at 11:05 #

i wonder what she is wearing under this coat

4. Ling May 26, 2009 at 12:05 #

The Alexander Wang dress is gorgeous, the colour looks great on her, and I love the detail on the skirt. I wish she’d sort her hair out though – I miss her chin length bob, it was so much more versatile!

5. luke May 26, 2009 at 13:03 #

Hey fashion critic? Why did you delete the two posts that didn’t shower your opinions with praise? x

• Fashion Critic May 26, 2009 at 13:24 #

Sorry?? I’m confused. What are you referring to?

I know not everyone agrees with my opinions. But that doesn’t mean I will delete them.

6. ber May 26, 2009 at 14:33 #

As crazy as her hair is, I can’t help but love it! She looks great in the Alexander Wang dress.

7. zoe May 26, 2009 at 15:51 #

i am absolutely loving her alexander wang look. while you guys were rejoicing over her horrible marc jacobs look and gucci leather reptilian mess, i was waiting for rihanna to pull out a look that truly showcases her beauty and a sense of unpretentious fashion savvy. this look makes me so happy.

i’m not liking that unnecessary necklace in her second look. and the hair is just strange. can she just grow it out already?

• Fashion Critic May 26, 2009 at 15:52 #

LOL @ reptilian Gucci mess

8. fola May 26, 2009 at 15:58 #

hey FC,
    Rihanna does look good, but that hair….my Lord. Just to let you know I was on the ybf.com and saw what she wore to Kanye’s house, the outfit you posted is the one that she wore to go out in. Hope the link works…(http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/theybf/May%2009/7fd9c4bc.jpg)

Fola

• Fashion Critic May 26, 2009 at 16:32 #

Thanks for that. I didn’t realise she changed at this house.

People will start speculating now.

9. SarahV May 26, 2009 at 16:58 #

I love the first look, but the second one I hate…

10. nicole May 26, 2009 at 18:50 #

i love love love that first look!! i want that dress soo bad!

11. MixedUpDiva May 26, 2009 at 19:11 #

I luv Rhianna style no matter what she wears because ppl are always going to be talking anout it! but I do agree with FC these look dont come across as if she’s trying to hard to be so fashion savvy

12. eboni June 10, 2009 at 20:08 #

i have just posted on my site her in this coat and beyonce in the same one.. they both look great in it but I think rihanna is rockin it a little harder..