Runway To “Keyshia Cole’s Concert” – Monica In Rodarte

Keyshia Cole is currently on tour to promote her latest album ‘A Different Me’.

Last week Ciara and Monica joined her backstage in Atlanta. Monica was there to perform her latest single ‘Trust’ with Keyshia.

Showing Rihanna that she’s not the only R&B diva to wear Rodarte, Monica wore a nude sliced leather sleeveless Rodarte Spring 2009 top, with a mesh panel, plus a pair of jeans, and Gucci Iman ankle strap sandals.

It’s interesting to see the shift in some R&B diva’s style, since Rihanna started wearing designers like Balmain and Rodarte.

[nggallery id=39]

Source & Source

2009 Cannes Film Festival - Dolce & Gabbana Party

2009 Cannes Film Festival – Dolce & Gabbana Party

2009 Cannes Film Festival - "Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky" Premiere

2009 Cannes Film Festival – “Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky” Premiere

10 Responses to Runway To “Keyshia Cole’s Concert” – Monica In Rodarte

1. zoe May 25, 2009 at 15:12 #

rihanna has definitely changed how other female r&b stars think about style. they all used to be focused on the bling, and how tight their clothes were and were not wearing too many high fashion/edgy designer stuff, and now since rihanna has done it, they’re all doing it. wow, rihanna is a trendsetter :)

2. r1ma May 25, 2009 at 16:21 #

I beg to differ Zoe…R&B stars have always has certain sense of style, people might just forget that because of Beyonce

Girlfriend, Monica has had style way before Rihanna ever bought her first Gucci…

Monica has been doing her thing for almost ten years now..I remember being 9 years old and looking up to Monica’s style since she did “The Boy is Mine” and “Angle of Mine.”

Thank you FC for taking notice of Monica again because I know she is not as big as she used to be…she has such elgance and street cred…I have never fallen out of love with her

• Terry May 25, 2009 at 16:53 #

Wow, I loved the video of ‘This Boy is Mine’ (with Brandy), it was so nice and elegant in its own way!!! As for Rihanna’s role as trendsetter, I think she is really not one. Sometimes it seems she’s only following the steps of Beyonce. If there is a trendsetter in this case, I think it’s B and not Riri.

• Lala/S-R May 26, 2009 at 21:53 #

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

3. shoeaholic May 25, 2009 at 22:21 #

Oh dear, she looks aweful.. I really dislike that top! I agree with you FC however, about Rihanna’s role as a trendsetter. She’s definitely not the first or only R&B singer to dress like that, however she has made a lot of people accept and admire an edgier style more than they did before.

4. Ahot May 26, 2009 at 11:01 #

BEY as Trendsetter? P-l-e-a-s-e! She always imitates people and struggles a lot to find her own style. RIRI was a mini Bey for her first record because of her recordcompany, but she fighted for her freedom.
    Truth is we don’t always see the edgy R&B singers because it would not sell , so very few knew how stylish they are. Monica always had this signature short hair and a crazy style, and she is known for changing her look very fast. She was an inspiration when i was a teenager, long before Riri or Bey got in this business
    It’s a good thing RIRI made people respect this, but as shoeaholic said, she is not the first. She is just better known

5. luke May 26, 2009 at 11:27 #

I have to say….someone like KELIS for example was wearing high fashion and hanging around with designers like McQueen and Matthew Williamson years ago while riri was still in school.

6. Ally May 26, 2009 at 13:44 #

THANK YOU luke. People forget about Kelis. She was killing the games years ago. FeFe Dobson, although not R&B, was killing the rock chic look way before Rih Rih. People kill me acting like she started stuff. I feel like the whole style change for her was a gimic for her GGGB album.

7. BirkinEnvy May 26, 2009 at 21:19 #

Although I love Monica… I don’t think she pulls off this look. The top looks tacky and homemade :( I heart those shoes, however.

8. TREATMENT28 May 29, 2009 at 06:31 #

I must say that Rihanna is very stylish and on trend right now. But Monica…A successful singer that has been in the recording industry for over 10yrs. As set trends and as been wearing designer clothes since she was 14. In 2009 fashion can make you a superstar and is very important to ones career. I appreciated Monica’s fashion choice because Rodarte was very unexpected. Fashion is fun and exciting. I love Monica and I can not wait for her new album and reality show.