25.05.09 In Her Closet

In Beyonce Knowles’ Closet – Balmain White Jacket

Balmain has been everywhere recently, from it’s trendy crystal embellished jackets, to bottom skimming mini dresses.

Beyonce is a big fan. We’ve seen her in Barcelona wearing a white leather Balmain vest.

Also in New York wearing a stunning black gown for her ‘Obsessed’ movie premiere, and out to dinner in New York wearing a Sergeant Pepper-style jacket.

She’s currently in London, where she was spotted headed to Bungalow 8 nightclub on Sunday night. This time she was wearing a Balmain white linen military-style jacket.

This isn’t so much of a trophy jacket like the last heavily embellished Balmain jacket she wore, this one is much more versatile.

She looks good from the waist up. I never understood the appeal of denim look leggings.

Her sparkling Maison Martin Margiela’s Slouchy Disco Ball bag was found by Sxy Fashion Queen.

[nggallery id=44]

Source

2009 Cannes Film Festival - "Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky" Premiere

2009 Cannes Film Festival – “Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky” Premiere

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Elsa Pataky or Dita von Teese

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Elsa Pataky or Dita von Teese

19 Responses to In Beyonce Knowles’ Closet – Balmain White Jacket

1. renyV May 25, 2009 at 20:01 #

Another great look for Bey.

2. Paris Pastry May 25, 2009 at 20:03 #

I’m not a fan of Balmain, but I love this jacket on her. She makes it look so effortless!

3. TMCFS May 25, 2009 at 20:25 #

Not only do I like that jacket, but I also like the outfit as a whole. Love the mix of skin tight denim leggings, lose top and structured jacket.

4. Millen May 25, 2009 at 20:30 #

shouldn’t this been in shop her closet?

5. Terry May 25, 2009 at 20:31 #

This jacket looks gorgeous on her. I love her Chanel earrings too ;)

6. Mea May 25, 2009 at 20:32 #

The Balmain jacket was OK, not as fierce as some of their other pieces, but it’s nice to a occasion like this. What I DIDN’T like is the tights Beyoncé is wearing. Almost every teenager in the city where I live wear denim-leggings, and the girls are often those who use to much fake-tan and have dyed their hear bleach-blond.

7. Millen May 25, 2009 at 20:32 #

either way hate it

8. r1ma May 25, 2009 at 20:34 #

*mutters*margiela ripoffs..hey decarnin, get some new ideas for a change…the eighties and michael jackson ended 20 years ago, deal with it

and beyonce, you’ll never be as young as Rihanna…it is impossible…so please go back to your own identity

(I am not really this cranky. I am just doing it for comic effect in the hopes of ending this overpriced Balmania trend.)

9. nicole May 25, 2009 at 22:18 #

love her look! B really knows how to work the casual looks!

10. sia May 25, 2009 at 22:25 #

I am so taken with the jacket, it is absolutely divine. It looks fab on her. It would on me too. *sigh*

11. Symon May 26, 2009 at 01:43 #

LOL i just read : beyonce, you’ll never be as young as Rihanna…it is impossible…so please go back to your own identity ….

PLEASE beyonce just arrive and now she learn and knows many designer, she is not doing a rihanna look lol

please its make me crazy XD

12. Rama Dimas May 26, 2009 at 05:04 #

She looked effortlessly chic!
    Thx fc for putting it up.
    xx

13. materialisticdisorders May 26, 2009 at 06:37 #

I agree, this is a great look and the broad shoulders make her silhouette more balanced than it is.

agree with the denim inspired tights.. :s

14. worldofcarmela May 26, 2009 at 08:08 #

She looks great, I can’t even imagine what it would be like to wear Balmain… sighs..

But I actually agree on the denim tights part, unneccessary! Why not wear regular jeans?

I agree the Balmain jacket wasn’t as “fierce” as other pieces by Balmain, but it matches the toned down look, and she looks amazing!

15. Ahot May 26, 2009 at 11:24 #

Be sure that where a trend is, there would be Bey. And then she will destroy everything.(this time those leggings!!!!) They make this amazing jacket looks so tacky ! Très ordinaire! A shame. But again, that’s Bey.

16. Lala/S-R May 26, 2009 at 21:50 #

She wears Balmain VERY well. In fact, she wear Balmain better than anyone else. Her body is perfect for the the collection. Balmain pieces already stand out on their own, I love the fact that she doesn’t over-accessorize.
    The leggings are absolutely terrible though!!!