25.05.09

2009 Cannes Film Festival – Dolce & Gabbana Party

Kylie Minogue would’ve been the stand out guest, arriving wearing a hot pink strapless Dolce & Gabbana ruched cocktail dress with an embellished belt, and gold heels.

Love the colour and the confident sassy strut.

Eva Herzigova wore black sheer and lace sleeveless Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2009 dress with ruffled straps and a sheer front panel.

The straps have been replace by the runway sleeves, but this modification makes the dress even more sexier.

Eva completes the look with black peep-toes, which are trimmed with lace.

Of all the looks Peaches Geldof has sported at Cannes, I love this one.

It much more her style, than those gowns she has been wearing.

This silver ruched Dolce & Gabbana cocktail dress is very much like Kylie’s dress, but with square paillette detailed pom pom sleeves.

It must have been a busy night because the hair, earrings and make-up all remain the same, from her previous events.

Lucky girl.

I believe this is the image they should put in a dictionary to describe ‘death warmed up’.

Pixie Geldof’s being pale is not the issue, its that heavy make-up which is so garish.

I do like her navy and white anchor print plunging halter D&G Spring 2009 gown, just not on her but I’m glad she opted out of the pleated gold lame fan pieces.

If you hate this look, it could’ve been worse because she was spotted at Dolce & Gabbana’s store in London trying on an animal print gown.

Olivia Palermo decided to ignore the unwritten rule of courtesy, by wearing a light blue off-the-shoulder dress not designed by her hosts.

Looking through the Dolce & Gabbana collection, I struggled to find a piece that I could’ve pictured her wearing, so I guess she made the right choice.

I adore the colour on her.  It’s a very pretty dress which she accessorizes with silver jewels.

Of course she is wearing her favourite YSL tribute sandals.

I guess she only packed one pair of heels for this trip.

Kerry Washington wore a Dolce & Gabbana silver cocktail dress with exaggerated off the shoulder sleeves.

Again, this is not a favourite Kerry look for me.

Dita Von Teese sticks to her trademark polished style wearing a black sequin Dolce & Gabbana dress, with exaggerated sleeves.

Her elbow-length lace gloves adding an extra touch of glamour, whilst her make-up was flawless and her necklace was striking.

Claudia Schiffer wore a black strapless Dolce & Gabbana gown with a black clutch, black peep-toes, and a single gold bracelet.

I know Carine Roitfeld is a style maven to many of you, so all I will say about this look is we all have our bad days.

[nggallery id=40]

Source & Source & Source

Zooey Deschanel's Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Zooey Deschanel’s Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Runway To "Keyshia Cole's Concert" - Monica In Rodarte

Runway To “Keyshia Cole’s Concert” – Monica In Rodarte

18 Responses to 2009 Cannes Film Festival – Dolce & Gabbana Party

1. r1ma May 25, 2009 at 12:11 #

lol FC, all week at Cannes Carine had bad days (I liked her much better during fashion week).

I like Kerry Washington here, she looks effortless.

2. Hermine May 25, 2009 at 13:03 #

I love Kerry’s look as she looks like she threw it on in 5 minutes or less. All i can say about Carine is that she needs a new hairstyle!

3. Swatky May 25, 2009 at 13:21 #

I must say I’m disapointed… I expected more celebrities, and much better clothes…

4. Moody Crab May 25, 2009 at 13:24 #

I actually like Kerry Washington’s oufit. No scratch that….I LOVE IT!!!

Please bring back the pop-up comment section. It was so convinent…I really dislike scrolling down leave a comment.

PS: The new site rocks!!

5. Bego May 25, 2009 at 14:01 #

what the hell is Carine wearing???don’t like it AT ALL! and Pixie Geldof scares me with that make-up!

6. r1ma May 25, 2009 at 16:23 #

Hermine that is blasphemy! am going to pretend you didn’t say anything so that I am not compelled to say anything rude.

Why don’t you ask Anna WIntour or Iggy Pop for a new hairstle while you are at it!

7. heather ♥ May 25, 2009 at 16:34 #

is it just me, or does anyone else wonder why on earth Olivia Palermo is randomly showing up at A-list events?
    also too bad that she does’t make the effort to wear the current seasons styles or something very on trend… at least then it would seem that she’s trying to prove herself or whatever… those last season YSL trib. sandals bring her down

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2009 at 17:18 #

She has a new reality TV show to promote I guess.

8. Raquel May 25, 2009 at 16:56 #

Okay, I’m not impressed at all. Kylie rocks, though.

Hate Eva’s dress. Vulgar.

9. Leslie May 25, 2009 at 21:13 #

I am in LOVE with Peaches here! Just awesome.

10. DM May 26, 2009 at 00:14 #

I don’t usually say this, but Peaches looks great!

11. materialisticdisorders May 26, 2009 at 06:48 #

Eva’s really playing with black lace this season!

This dress isnt made for Kerry but i love the fact that she doesnt get tied down to a look and is constantly experimenting

12. robbie May 26, 2009 at 17:43 #

kylie, wow i love this its sexy the colour is stunning on her. everything is perfect.

eva, she looks great, glad she modified hers as the runway version is terrible, her shoes are too die for.

peaches, for once i actually like this although i am so sick of her trying to hard to be edgy, with a name like peaches she really will never be edgy lol.

pixie, also trying to hard, seriously i wish someone would teach her how to dress. she made a gorgeous dress look terrible. why are these 2 girls famous? what do they do?

olivia, does she think she is anna wintour, only anna seems to be able to get away with wearing another designer to events hosted by that the designer. also boring show choice, these shoes are just boring now.

kerry, this dress is a little too edgy fur a hairstyle like that. but she looks great.

dita, only she could get away with having so many accessories and so much going on in one outfit. would have liked it alot more though if it was a nicer colour.

claudia, wow could she look anymore boring than this?

carine, oh she let me down big time, i love her but that is just hideous! her shoes are the only think making me even slightly like this.

13. patti May 26, 2009 at 21:34 #

carine is FABOLOUS man ! that dress is SO much her. and the hair should not change.
    love the fact that she’s always wearing those shoes.

14. Parvati May 27, 2009 at 15:39 #

I agree with Swatky in that I expected more celebrities and better dresses.

And seriously, there have been so many re-runs at this year’s festival! Isn’t Claudia Schiffer’s dress the very same Dolce & Gabbana gown Diane Lane wore to the Oscars?

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2009 at 16:27 #

OMG, you are right. I just checked

15. robbie May 29, 2009 at 21:16 #

kylies shoes are jimmy choo, again from the fall 2009 collection. i envy her right now she has managed to wear about 7 pairs from that collection already.

16. whitestroke June 5, 2009 at 17:47 #

I think most of the looks are quite disappointing. I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but the Geldof sisters look the best.