24.05.09

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up – Part 4

“The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” Premiere

Lily Cole looked like a fairytale princess in her pale blue Chanel Fall 2007 Couture gown.

As soon as I saw Lily, I immediately thought of Amy Adams’ character Giselle in the Disney movie Enchanted, as Lily has that same beautiful innocence.

Spanish Model and TV host Mar Saura, causes a stir by striking a sexy pose wearing a Nina Ricci Spring 2009 halter dress with a rise and fall hem.

The dress showed off her long legs and Jimmy Choo Pixie sandals.

Model Noemie Lenoir could wear a black sack and still shine, but instead opted for an Armani Privé Spring 2009 strapless gown.

Her stunning gown had an embroidered bell-shaped skirt and a sequin bodice.

Credit were credit is due, Peaches Geldof is trying.

But even in this electric blue strapless Roberto Cavalli gown, I’m still not particularly convinced she has turned over a new leaf.

“The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” Photocall

Lily opted for a low key look for the photocall wearing a pale pink top with Stella McCartney ankle zip jeans and a pair of quite hideous pink and orange heels.

“Face” Premiere

Zhang Ziyi looked utterly divine in her pink floral Giorgio Armani Spring 2009 strapless gown with a twisted bodice.

The dress should have been the main focus – especially as her hair was pulled back and her make-up was subtle – but I find myself instantly drawn to her necklace.

What a magnificent piece it is, and I’m usually put off by a large statement pieces grabbing away the attention from the gown.

As much as I love Kerry Washington I don’t love her Monique Lhuillier gown, despite how elegant she looks.

I think it’s the lace one-sleeved top half which is putting me off.

When I saw her I really wanted to find something nice to say, but all I could think was I like her Roger Vivier black satin clutch.

Michelle Yeoh was the picture of elegance wearing a black shimmering Roberto Cavalli gown, with an exquisite silver necklace.

“Map of the Sounds of Tokyo” Premiere

This is something we don’t see very often from Rinko Kikuchi – a soft and sweet look.

Usually she’s wearing something cutting edge, couture, or well structured, so this white ethereal vintage Sophia Kokosalaki gown is a nice refreshing change.

Actress Elodie Bouchez wore a strapless Balmain Spring 2009 LBD with a studded belt  and Jimmy Choo Seattle sandals.

Elodie’s look has less sparkle, in comparison to the runway version because she opted for the black belt which I actually prefer.

“Map of the Sounds of Tokyo” Premiere

This more like the Rinko Kikuchi we know, wearing a piece that has a lot of personality.

Her Chanel Resort 2010 dress included a peplum on the waist, and gold detailing throughout.

[nggallery id=37]

Source & Source & Source

2009 Cannes Film Festival - Amend Charity Luncheon

2009 Cannes Film Festival – Amend Charity Luncheon

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Kimberley Walsh or Shu Qi

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Kimberley Walsh or Shu Qi

14 Responses to 2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up – Part 4

1. anonymous. May 25, 2009 at 00:48 #

I like Lily Cole’s shoes, what are you talking about

just as a note about this new look. i really loved the pop up concept of the comments section that used to be here. it was much more efficient then how it is now. just saying.

2. Inside Mode May 25, 2009 at 01:01 #

First off, congrats on the new site! It’s beautiful.

What’s so funny about that Lily & Amy comparison is the whole red hair similarity. Slightly off topic, but I can’t wait to see the movie, because it is bound to be good and you know what they say about models crossing over to acting.

I honestly hate dresses that cut off at the ankle, because they usually make a person look 2ft tall, but Noemie is just the definition of elegant in that gown.

Elodie should have chose a leaset something a little eye catching from the Balmain collection, espically when her dress looks like one of the dress that Zara has re-done.

3. georgia maude May 25, 2009 at 01:03 #

Wow–I saw Kerry Washington on another site first but came here because I just knew you were going to love it. I’m so surprised you didn’t-I think this is her best look by far in a long, long time. Much better than that ill-fitting Vuitton ensemble.

4. LauraKitty May 25, 2009 at 02:10 #

Lily’s gown is pure perfection!

5. André May 25, 2009 at 03:45 #

You are completely right about Lily Cole and her resemblance to Amy Adams’ character in Enchanted.

I disagree with you where Kerry Washington is concerned, though. I think she looks quite stunning. My only fault with her look would have to be the lipstick which, for some reason, appears a bit garish with the rest of her look.

6. Lala/S-R May 25, 2009 at 05:46 #

Balmain is becomming the new Herve! How hasn’t worn a Balmain piece yet!!?
    I am probably the biggest Noemie Lenoir fan out there. I love the woman!! But this ensemble did nothing for her her bod!
    Mar Saura? Who ever the hell she is, that dress was MADE especially for her!! She is hot!
    Zhang Ziyi is usually pretty cute!
    Kerry W is a bit dissappointing. However, I love her make-up!

7. Lala/S-R May 25, 2009 at 05:47 #

Who*

8. Terry May 25, 2009 at 08:00 #

I wish I was Rinko Kikuchi. She’s lovely!

9. Bego May 25, 2009 at 08:22 #

I love Mar Saura here!hahaha it’s funny i understand people don’t know who she is…, anyway i do and to me she was glowing in that dress! It’s a shame Zhang Ziyi wore that huge necklace because that gown is outstanding.

10. antoneLLina May 25, 2009 at 09:54 #

woooooooow i simply ADORE kerry washington! she totally rocks here. i don’t know why you didn’t like her ensamble,because i think that this is a perfect look for cannes festival

11. Folly B May 25, 2009 at 11:15 #

I was soooo convinced you would love Kerry’s look! I thought she looked fabulous..

12. miwa May 25, 2009 at 17:00 #

Natasha Poly looked the best at the Parnassus premiere, it’s too bad you didn’t cover her.
    I love Rinko’s second look too.

13. Raquel May 25, 2009 at 17:01 #

What I really dislike about Kerry’s look is the bouffant hair. Everything else… fablous.

LOVE Zhang Ziyi.

14. whitestroke May 27, 2009 at 14:42 #

Lily Cole finally gets it right. That’s one of the few dresses I liked from that quite unfortunate collection, and she fills it up in a very good way.

Zhang Ziyi – Only Asians can get away with such busy necklaces on bare neck in my book. I don’t feel like they’re overcooking it.