Menu

Dash Miami Grand Opening

Dash Miami Grand Opening

In Blake Lively's Closet - Adam Playsuit

In Blake Lively’s Closet – Adam Playsuit

37 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. sharron May 24, 2009 at 15:51 #

Love your site, new or old. Love Rachel and you are correct, she deserved this week for stepping out of her old frumpy self and showing us real Wow factor. Can’t believe you showed pity on Paula though, just because she didn’t look ridiculous for a change, and left out marion!
    Angelina did look sweet, but that was not a dress, that was the last of the 7 veils. Oh God Brad, I dreamed I went to Cannes and I was naked!!!
    thanks for wonderful research and comments.

2. paola May 23, 2009 at 20:06 #

I like shu qi in valentino very delicate.

3. nicole May 23, 2009 at 19:23 #

very very hard. i would have put Blake in there and taken out Swank (dont like her dress at all)
    Rachel, Penelope and Diane are my three favs!
    I picked Rachel because she really wowed be after that horrible disater at the Costume insitute. I expect Penelope and Diane to look amazing but Rachel’s hair to makeup really were 180 plus that green colour is divine.

4. Parvati May 23, 2009 at 14:22 #

Rachel Weisz, definitely! The gown is gorgeous, with a great colour and she looked beautiful!

My other choices would be Diane Kruger, Penelope Cruz and Donatella Versace.

5. Chrissie May 23, 2009 at 12:59 #

Dita von Teese was the best dressed of the week. Why? Because, although these gowns are all gorgeous, she’s the only one who has been brave enough to wear the sheer trend almost as worn on the runway. Wow!

6. Stel May 23, 2009 at 12:32 #

Great change to site (: Love it. Oh man, it is going to be hard to choose. They look so beautiful.

7. Fashion Critic May 23, 2009 at 10:54 #

WELCOME EVERYONE. It all happened much quicker than I expected. Thanks for all your kind comments.

Best Dressed of the Week back to being announced on Sunday.

8. Jules O'Connell May 23, 2009 at 08:15 #

Boombaby!
    First: on topic – Rachel stole my heart (tho Jess Stroup must be my fav youngster atm) (not that anyone cares)
    And now kinda off-topic
    Just yesterday (seriously!) I was thinking, *lesigh* I’m so glad FC sticks to her site design and hasen’t relaunched yet – I dunno if I could take it
    So like 3 minutes ago I was like ‘Noooooooooooo – change! argh! it’s too dark!Noooooooooooooo!’
    but it settled pretty fast and I LOVE the ‘new’ sections!
    I CAN’T WAIT to use it and annoy the hell outta you with my wishes 😉
    I hope it makes work for you a lil easier instead of more complicated
    How long have u been working on this and sceming?
    So in a nutshell: KUDOS, good work, I like it =)
    grosses bises pour FC

• Fashion Critic May 23, 2009 at 10:52 #

I had to be convinced about the black background too. But it frames the site better and it easier on the eye.

I too hate change, but after looking at it for 4 months, I’m totally in love with it.

9. leleana May 23, 2009 at 07:49 #

WOW! The site just changed, and I love it already.

10. serapart May 23, 2009 at 07:18 #

wohoo love the new site, the layout rocks and it runs even faster ;D
    voted for diane<3

11. Raquel May 23, 2009 at 03:38 #

Coooool!!! The new look is very clean and chic!

Love it!

12. marvel May 22, 2009 at 23:23 #

WOW!

Love the new look!!!

AMAZING!!!

13. Kyutipye May 22, 2009 at 22:41 #

I love the new site! I think I may be up all night just running through. so many new features to explore. *clapping hand in glee* love, love, love!

14. Dari May 22, 2009 at 22:15 #

EWWW. donatella?! i dont think so.

much better this week than her.

p.s. not loving the new site but good job for trying something new. it’s a little more confusing than the old one. i guess i stand by the idea “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it?”

thanks for the posts

15. Dana May 22, 2009 at 21:21 #

Have to go with my girl Diane.

16. Lala/S-R May 22, 2009 at 21:14 #

I’m starting to notice the changes, FC! I’m loving it already! My only prblem is I have to navigate away from the homepage to get to the comments. That’s minor though!! Plus, it’s not hosted by blogspot anymore, right? So that’s expected! I LOVE IT!!!!

Kudos!!

x.

17. Bego May 22, 2009 at 21:11 #

OMG the new layout is so cool! i love it, looks wonderful FC!
    Rachel Weisz got my vote, but i admit it was a hard decision between her and Diane…!
    btw i was just wondering around netaporter and i fell in love with that blue dress from Preen you’ve got in your favourites right now! 😛

• Fashion Critic May 23, 2009 at 14:54 #

Thanks Bego.

I’m so in lust with that Preen dress too 😉

18. ayuni May 22, 2009 at 20:47 #

yay i can see the new website! it looks more professional

19. Meagan May 22, 2009 at 20:44 #

I thought Jessica Stroup looked absolutely stunning in that Brian Reyes spaghetti strap dress.

20. Pablo May 22, 2009 at 20:11 #

To me it was between Diane and Hilary -both awesome- but the Armani Prive finally got my vote!!

pd.- i discovered your site recently and now i’m a total addict!! 🙂 it’s great!! congrats!!

21. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 22, 2009 at 19:46 #

it was between michelle and paula for me. michelle got the vote.

i am looking forward to the changes on your site FC 🙂

22. Jen May 22, 2009 at 19:42 #

I would have to go with Rachel.

The green looks so strikingly perfect against her skin, the hair is perfect, and I love her accessories.

I love Diane too, but, I think it’s the white which I’ve seen her in so often that makes me go with Rachel, because it just makes her pop out of the list of girls.

And Iman and Michelle tied for third in my opinion, definitely loving the green on the red carpet this year.

I agree, Angelina should have been on instead of Monica, and I’m surprised you put on Jessica without Blake, because that blue playsuit was perfect on her.

• Fashion Critic May 22, 2009 at 19:46 #

🙂 thanks for your comments.

I guarantee if I had left out Monica and put in Angelina people would have asked why I didn’t put in Monica.

I can’t win 🙂 but it all fun, and we all have different opinions.

• Jen May 22, 2009 at 20:19 #

*Grins* Probably true. I still loved Angie’s dress, though it wouldn’t have beaten Rachel. That color just makes her glow and pop, I wish she’d worn something like this to the Costume Institute Gala, but perhaps this is her way of making it up to us. And… what a way to make up for it. *happy sigh* If only I had that body…

By the way, loving the changes on the site, it makes things so much easier to navigate, and I love being able to look at the archived items, and I love the ability to go back and forth between pages.

23. Tanya May 22, 2009 at 19:14 #

Ugh, i’m pissed, because Angelina Jolie deserved to be in this list. I think she looked so gorgeous!

…but she is not in the list, so my pick is – Diane Kruger

24. Heidi May 22, 2009 at 19:00 #

Glad about the changes, hope it’s going to be cool, but I have to ask: where is Angelina? She has definitely made more effort than Monica. And no love for Marion? I personally prefer Diane’s pink Lanvin frock and even the Chanel ensemble rather than her Marchesa gown, and Michelle’s amfAR look rather than her green Versace. In fact, I think I’m not the only one surprised by the lack of amfAR looks on this list.

25. Anonymous May 22, 2009 at 18:59 #

Michelle Yeoh in Versace, I think. It’s difficult to choose.

I’m new on this site, just wanted to take the opportunity to say that this site is addictive and absolutely wonderful. Can’t believe haven’t found it earlier…!

26. ber May 22, 2009 at 18:40 #

I wish every week was as difficult as this week! It was a close one between Rachel and Diane, but I had to vote for the stunning Marchesa.

• Fashion Critic May 22, 2009 at 18:56 #

I agree. If only 🙂

27. Antonio Emanuele Feuillebois May 22, 2009 at 18:13 #

this is a tuff decition, my vote is for diane in her custom made marchesa, wich im inlove with it, my second choice woulb be for michelle yeoh in versace she looked outstanding, and my third Rachel Weiz in Valentino!!
    CANT wait to see the changes you made in this website…!
    XOXO
    Fashion from Panama
    Antonio
    LOVE YOUR BLOG

28. Regina May 22, 2009 at 17:41 #

Aggrr!FC you killing me!I cant decide(
    Iman-pure perfection or Diane?Diane so fierce..Oh((

29. Gaber May 22, 2009 at 17:18 #

I am cheating on Iman with Rachel! 😛

30. Jude May 22, 2009 at 17:03 #

Diane – no contest. Radiant doesn’t even begin to describe.

Any other week Rachel would have my vote!

31. REEZY May 22, 2009 at 17:02 #

Difficult choice..
    hmmm.. i miss Dita though..

can’t wait for the changes to the website.

Njoy the weekend !!

XO

32. robbie May 22, 2009 at 17:00 #

oh damn this is so hard. they all looked so good except jessica stroup.

diane has to get my vote, closely followed by iman.