21.05.09

The CW Network 2009 Upfront

Blake Lively really makes me fall in love with her blue Adam silk double strap playsuit. It’s so cute, and sexy all at the same time.

Leg lengthening nude peep-toes, and a stack of bracelets complete the look.

Any other week she would be up for Best Dressed.

As would Jessica Stroup, in this equally cute and ultra-girly, Brian Reyes spaghetti strapped chiffon dress.

The dress has a layered silk chiffon skirt with frayed edges, and a contrast waist band.

I love her hair loosely pull back, in this summery youthful look.

Sergio Rossi clutch and Dolce & Gabbana champagne peep-toes, complete the look.

I like the long Jil Sander Spring 2009 blazer with shorts combo, but I can’t take Leighton Meester’s two-tone hair.

Is this hair colour for a role she is playing?

Because I refuse to believe she just wanted it this way.

Elle Macpherson shows off that body, which made her so famous, wearing a black strapless pencil dress, from Victoria Beckham’s Spring 2009 collection.

So Tyra Banks can tone down her look.

The TV presenter wore a slate grey Marley silk wrap jumpsuit, with a matching necklace, and a contrast elasticated belt.

On trend nude heels completed the look.

I prefer her as a honey blonde. Do you guys like this darker ‘do?

I have always envied Jessica Szohr’s luscious thick hair.

The Gossip Girl actress, wore a blue off-the-shoulder Rebecca Taylor Spring 2009 dress with studded details, which matched with covetable silver sandals.

Va va va voom. AnnaLynne McCord is purring in her Dolce & Gabbana satin bustier dress.

This kind of dress would have surely got her noticed, as it accentuate her femme curves.

She kept it super sexy with strappy sandals.

Taylor Momsen is such a pretty girl, I wish she wore opt for much softer make-up.

She still channeling biker/rock girl chic, wearing a leather look plus a floral Rag & Bone silk tank and strappy sandals.

Ashlee Simpson channels funky secretary chic, with her 2 in 1 black and white combo dress.

A large necklace and black and pink Lanvin patent pumps with pink bow details complete the look.

[nggallery id=31]

Source & Source & Source

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up - Part 3

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up – Part 3

"American Idol" Grand Finale 2009

“American Idol” Grand Finale 2009

33 Responses to The CW Network 2009 Upfront

1. Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 18:17 #

Leighton is doing a movie with Kelly Monaco. They wanted one blonde and one brunette, i guess Leighton got the short straw :)

• Fashion Critic May 22, 2009 at 10:32 #

Thanks for the info. That softens the blow a bit.

Anonymous, in this case she got the VERY short straw. :)

2. Isabella May 21, 2009 at 18:19 #

Leighton turned blonde for her role in The Roommate.
    I hope she’ll dye her hair brown again for Gossip Girl- Blair Waldorf would NEVER like blonde hair. :D

3. Danielle May 21, 2009 at 18:24 #

Blake: I’m sorry to say but she looks so sltty in this! Didn’t she learned her lesson with her Met-disaster?

Jessica Stroup looks cute as always.

This new do on Tyra reminds me of when she first started modeling! Definitely makes her look younger.

Yes, Blake’s hair is for a new movie she’s filming! I adore her outfit.

4. From Russia With Love May 21, 2009 at 18:27 #

Momsen is wearing Rag & Bone)

5. Ally May 21, 2009 at 18:35 #

I do not like rompers, I just don’t think they belong on anyone over the age of 5. But Blake looks stunning as always, if a little underdressed.

The rest of these girls could take a lesson from Blake and Jessica Stroup in the makeup department. They look so lovely in light makeup. Taylor looks like a train wreck with all that cake on her face. Leighton looks horrible w/ that blonde hair…

6. Nikki May 21, 2009 at 18:47 #

Blake, I know you love the girls bur please please stop showing them off too much. I think this girl’s sexy and everyone can see that without her overdoing it. Lovely legs though.

I’m starting to love Jess Stroup’s style. Pretty girl in a pretty dress.

Not a fan of Leighton’s hair, but I like her style. I love that she tries to experiment and they most of the time (if not all the time) pay off. Love her shoes!

I like that Jess Szhor matched her makeup to her dress. She’s beautiful.

Annalyne McCord always looks–ahem –too sexy” and she looks really …”mature”.

Taylor, Taylor, she could really use a stylist. Or just someone who can make her dress her age.

7. Vera May 21, 2009 at 18:53 #

I’m scared with Ashlee’s eyes.

8. Bego May 21, 2009 at 19:10 #

All i can say about Jessica Szohr is wow.that colour is perfect for her! And i can’t stand Taylor Momsen look, neither the make up, it doesn’t fit her at all, I don’t know what she’s thinking lately…

9. heather ♥ May 21, 2009 at 19:11 #

i think Jessica Stroup is fast becoming one of young hollywood’s best dressed, if not the best dressed! she always looks flawless at events.. no exception here!
    i looove blake’s look.. she’s tall and carries herself well so she can pull this off without looking trashy.. tho the tan could be toned down a tad! and thank goodness leighton’s hair is for a movie roll… even knowing that, its still a disaster!

10. cari May 21, 2009 at 19:32 #

yes, i agree, tyra’s dark hair makes her look younger.

taylor, are you wearing a ROSARY??? f’realz?? you look like christina aguilera’s younger, slightly more wholesome sister heading towards your very own dirrrrty phase.

11. Raquel May 21, 2009 at 19:47 #

Blake’s romper looks very cheap. I hate this look, it’s wrong. The color is great, though.

Nobody impress me there, but Elle is slightly better.

12. Terry May 21, 2009 at 19:47 #

Ashlee Simpson’s triple bow sandals are by Lanvin.

13. Raquel May 21, 2009 at 19:48 #

Nobody impress me there, but Elle is slightly better.

14. Nicole May 21, 2009 at 20:42 #

i really like Blake in this.. Shes always been the sexy one the colour is amazing… Its like shes moving in the right direction lately and Leighton is going the other way…

Both the Jessica’s look amazing!! I love Jessica Sczhor’s dress!!

15. BirkinEnvy May 21, 2009 at 20:48 #

I love how all of the actresses look fresh and young… with the exception of Taylor Momsen and Ashlee Simpson. Everyone’s style is different, so it’s a big variety of great looks.

Taylor Momsen is lost and I hope this is just a phase she will grow out of. Ashlee looks like she is going on a job interview.

16. amber May 21, 2009 at 21:15 #

tyra needs to let the baby hair thing go.

17. Grace May 21, 2009 at 21:42 #

I love tyra’s hair dark. I hate when people with fair skin do too dark (ala Britney or Fergie), and when people with darker skin go too light (ala the hot mess known as Kelis)

18. gasp May 21, 2009 at 21:56 #

OMG!! Why is Taylor wearing this orrible stuff?? Fortunately I’m surprised by Jessica and Blake: love the deep blue!!
    I’m so incredibly envious of AnnaLyne and Elle’s bodies!!
    I think Ashlee Simpson is wearing a Lanvin necklace (available at hu’s online).. I want her shoes!!

19. Sydne May 21, 2009 at 22:35 #

Agreed about Leighton, Blair would NOT approve. I’m pleasantly surprised with Jessica Szohr. She looks hot! The dress is Rebecca Taylor, btw.

20. Jesse May 22, 2009 at 00:32 #

Strange, Leighton’s actually a natural blonde and dyes her hair for Gossip Girl. Agreed that this mish mash of hair colours looks terrible though and like the rest of you hope she goes back to the Blair Brunette!

21. Bleu Clothing May 22, 2009 at 01:40 #

That Bryan Reyes dress and Adam romper are amazing. Love them both sooo much. That shade of blue is great for Summer time.

22. Antonio Emanuele Feuillebois May 22, 2009 at 03:05 #

i inlove with leigthon look, blake not soo much, the playsuit is georgeus in every way but i think its not that good for make a best dressed of the week contestant with sooo many outstanding looks from the cannes film festival!

LOVE YOU BLOG FASHION CRITIC!
    FASHION FROM PANAMA
    XOXO
    ANTONIO (btw im only fifteen 15)
    =D

23. lyna-levitt May 22, 2009 at 03:57 #

Leighton is a ‘born-blond’ and she played a part in house md as a blonde, she dyed her hair for Blair and now return to her roots for ‘The Roomate’

and I miss Jessica Lowndes, she’s so breathtaking beautiful.

24. Inside Mode May 22, 2009 at 04:39 #

I don’t know what to think of Blake sometimes. She looks really cute here, but you never now if it’s going to be complete trash or just slight garbage with her. The Versace dress at the Met Gala was daring & sexy, but to me her style isn’t too consistent.

I’m actually liking Tyra’s new look. It’s like you finally can take her seriously. No more pancake face make-up lines or crazy crimped hair…so all is well in my book.

Every time I see Taylor Momsen, I feel the sudden urge to hold her down and scrub her face clean. She has really great style for her age, but she always finds some way to look like a 40-something year old chain smoker.

25. leleana May 22, 2009 at 06:13 #

Was Katie Cassidy there? I adore her, and she’s probably the only girl on (well, she’ll be on again next season!) the CW that I actually really care for. Leighton & Blake are too hit and miss. Jessica Stroup is pretty adorable though.

26. Anonymous May 22, 2009 at 07:22 #

I loved Blake, leighton(let’s get past the hair please) and Jessica Stroup(first time ive noticed her).

I think its fine to be hit and miss as long as you remain fashionable and keep mixing it up!

Blake/leighton could have swapped outfits and looked great!

27. Ahot May 22, 2009 at 08:00 #

Tyra looks more natural now. Love it!
    Now she needs to work on her make-up. (Very drag queen)

28. Sue Jin May 22, 2009 at 08:11 #

I’m so envious of Blake’s bod! love the playsuit on her.

Both Jessica’s look pretty! STroup looks better than that model!

I’m already bored of Taylor’s makeup. I like her outfit though..

29. Joana May 22, 2009 at 15:59 #

Blake has a great body but does she needs to sell it?!! and for such a low price?!
    she’s always in those weird poses and she’s obssessed with her boobs and with showing them off!!
    The romper it’s great but the feel I get it’s just wrong!!

You could have started with jessica stroup’s look since blake’s gives a feel of insignificance to the event!!

30. Elise May 23, 2009 at 03:21 #

I love Jessica Stroup’s Brian Reyes dress it is so feminine and flirty.

31. Anna Rice May 25, 2009 at 20:27 #

Jessica Stroup’s dress is so cute! I love everything she’s been wearing lately.

32. whitestroke May 26, 2009 at 21:44 #

Blake Lively – I just wish it wasn’t THAT fitted on her.

Jessica Stroup – I was waiting for someone to wear that dress. I love it.

I love Jessica Szohr’s dress.