21.05.09

BVLGARI “Between Eternity And History” Opening Exhibition

BVLGARI invited guest to the opening of the exhibition “Between Eternity and History: 1884-2009″ to mark their 125th anniversary, in Rome’s Palazzo delle Esposizioni Palace.

Showing off a new ‘do, Ginnifer Goodwin wore a black Azzaro Fall 2009 dress, with a tiered skirt, and an embellished tie detail, and sleeves.

Her look was paired with black satin Brian Atwood slingbacks, with a diamante buckle, plus BVLGARI diamond earrings and rings.

The actress looks glamourous and gorgeous in her flirty LDB.

Selma Blair surely wanted to stand out in this bright pink, Versace Spring 2009 one-shouldered mini, which was covered in embroidered pink and silver rhinestones.

Loving the new bob – it must be the day to unveil new ‘do’s – and her matching heels complete the look, plus she dazzled with a BVLGARI bracelet and diamond earrings.

I adore Jessica Alba’s maroon dress, with structured embellished shoulders.

Her taupe heels were an interesting choice, her BVLGARI jewels sparkled, but the make-up… well it’s not quite the right shade unfortunately, which is a shame because everything else was working.

I know Chloe Sevigny is a style maven to many of you, and 90% of the time her look in on point, but I’m not crazy about this look at all.

The taupe one-shouldered dress is fine, so are the matching pumps, but the high messy bun is off putting, plus her gold necklace feels heavy with the dress she is wearing.

This exhibition will be open to the public from May 22 to September, 13 2009.

[nggallery id=32]

Source

In Teri Hatcher's Closet - Notte by Marchesa

In Teri Hatcher’s Closet – Notte by Marchesa

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up - Part 3

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up – Part 3

14 Responses to BVLGARI “Between Eternity And History” Opening Exhibition

1. Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 13:57 #

Selma’s dress is versace spring 09 http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2009RTW-VERSACE?page=3

• Fashion Critic May 21, 2009 at 13:50 #

thanks a lot :)

2. Terry May 21, 2009 at 14:17 #

I hate Chloe’s hairstyle here :( and I also think taupe doesn’t suit her very much. Love her tassel clutch bag, though.

3. worldofcarmela May 21, 2009 at 14:19 #

I probably check your blog four-five times a day, and I have for the last five months – I am ADDICTED, amazed and impressed by your knowledge and style.

I’m going to start commenting more. :) Your style is very elegant, but I must admit that I like Sevigny’s messy do. I tried picturing her hair in a more slick do, but it simply wouldnt be her. I agree about the necklace though. But gorgeous earrings.

I am from Norway, and her whole look is to me very scandinavian right now. The hair in the bun and the earrings look like Cecilie Melli – which everyone are sporting!

• Fashion Critic May 21, 2009 at 14:22 #

Thanks for your comment worldofcarmela. It was interesting to read, and I hope to hear from you more often.

I love reading all your comments, but I don’t always have time to reply.

Best FC x

4. robbie May 21, 2009 at 14:34 #

ginniger, it is nice. but smille for crying out loud.

selma, oh i love the dress, not so much the shoes, hair, make-up or her clutch. that hairstyle ages her.

jessica, for once she looks nice, although the shoes are UGLY and the make-up it rather dark for her.

chloe, HUGE MESS! clutch is nice though.

5. Raquel May 21, 2009 at 15:54 #

A bright red lipstick would have brightened Jessica’s whole look, but it’s a very interesting dress, nonethless.

Clhoe is overrated…

6. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 21, 2009 at 16:26 #

new haircuts for selma and ginnifer, and a new haircolor for jessica.

i feel like i see ginnifer in the same look all the time. it’s also annoying that she doesn’t smile.

selma looks amazing! i love this look! if there is space for best dressed of the week (probably not) she should be in the running.

7. From Russia With Love May 21, 2009 at 17:53 #

Hi, FC. I guess Alba is wearing Prada from Pre-Fall 09 collection but there is no proof(

Her dress is very similar with this one http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2009/03/in-reese-witherspoons-closet-prada.html

• Fashion Critic May 21, 2009 at 17:59 #

I was thinking Prada or Miu Miu all day.

Thanks. I think you are right with Prada.

8. Sara May 21, 2009 at 20:27 #

Ginnifer is always so boring . Vacant gaze, dull make-up. Just no wow or pazzazz. Though I loved her in the burnt orange dress for her movie premiere at the beginning of the year. She never looks like she’s having fun or enjoying herself.

9. KLP May 21, 2009 at 21:23 #

Oh my I love Ginnfers new hair! Can you give us more close ups so we could possibly copy it ourselves?

10. From Russia With Love May 22, 2009 at 16:13 #

Dear FC, style.com is saying that Chloe is wearing Acne.

• Fashion Critic May 22, 2009 at 16:17 #