21.05.09

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up – Part 3

“Inglourious Basterds” Premiere

I can’t believe I missed this one yesterday.

Isabelle Huppert must have stunned the crowds arriving in a Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 LBD, which some may mistake as a bin liner.

I said from the very first day, when the judges were unveiled that she was the feisty one of the group.

Some of her choices – especially this one – prove that.

This is a tough dress to pull off, but I think she does as she has the right attitude.

Her dress was worn with black velvet heels from the same collection.

“Broken Embraces” Photo Call

Penelope Cruz and director Pedro Almodovar arrived at the photocall glued to the hip, as always.

He wore a Missoni sweater, whilst she wore a figure-hugging, nude Dolce & Gabbana strapless dress, which were paired with matching peep-toes.

For those who were speculating that she’s pregnant, I’m not so sure.

“Paris, Not France” Cocktail Party

Despite not seeming to have anything to promote at Cannes, Paris Hilton is determined to be the belle of the ball.

At a cocktail party thrown in her honour, she showed off her billowing Roberto Cavalli floral chiffon maxi dress.

She wasn’t content with the dress being enough of a statement, she also added a diamante headband, a huge silver necklace, and multiple bracelets to complete her look.

She is obsessed with headbands at the moment.

“Inglourious Basterds” Photo Call

Diane Kruger wore a simple strapless vintage Chanel LBD to this photocall with black peep-toes.

“Wild Grass” Premiere

We have seen many re-runs at Cannes Film Festival, but not by the same person.

Carine Roitfeld wears the same Balmain Spring 2009 ensemble, she wore to an event back in September.

I guess she is saving the wow factor for tonight’s amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Benefit.

Anne Consigny wears a fruity Valentino Spring 2009 Couture sleeveless dress with a floral detail hem.

Source

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

2009 Cannes Film Festival - amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Benefit

2009 Cannes Film Festival – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Benefit

20 Responses to 2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up – Part 3

1. gasp May 21, 2009 at 16:58 #

Loooove Valentino red dress!!
    Paris’ dress is available (on sale ;P) on Net-a-Porter!

• Fashion Critic May 22, 2009 at 10:53 #

merci ;)

2. Danielle May 21, 2009 at 17:10 #

I have no desire to see Carine’s bra…

I’m so glad someone wore that Valentino dress! It was one of my favorites from the collection :) but there is a little bit too much sun on the dress, you can’t see the gorgeous color.

I’m so in love with the Cannes film festival! Beats out the Oscars for sure!

3. Vera May 21, 2009 at 17:20 #

Penelope!

4. Nicole May 21, 2009 at 17:23 #

Diane and Penelope look amazing!!
    I love both their dresses…
    So sick of Paris Hilton and her headwear.. She always comes of soo trashy and is in the same league as the horrendous Phoebe Price IMO..

5. Lily May 21, 2009 at 17:24 #

Diane is wearing vintage Chanel. At least that’s what people.com says. :)

• Fashion Critic May 22, 2009 at 10:54 #

thanks lily :)

6. robbie May 21, 2009 at 17:32 #

isabelle, sorry but this is officially my worst fashion nightmare an all black outfit.

penelope, its nice but doesnt wow me, she is glowing though ;).

paris, for once i love the dress sadly not on her, those headbands are getting on my nerves.

diane, its a little plain for her, but she looks nice.

carine, the bra is just ruining it for me.

anne, i love it so pretty and the shoes are lovely.

7. misstuesday May 21, 2009 at 17:36 #

The Balmain dress is so gorgeous that it’s such a shame to wear it only once… :) I think that’s the worst thing about being a celebrity, they (almost) never get to wear their stunning clothes more than once.

8. KAYA May 21, 2009 at 17:51 #

I am incredibly intrigued by Carine Roitfeld choice of outfit.

She is obviously very aware of wearing the same outfit twice, maybe she is trying to make a statement.

9. Bego May 21, 2009 at 19:07 #

Diane is so stylish, she looks wonderful in every event. And i love the hair, very cute!

10. heather ♥ May 21, 2009 at 19:46 #

ummm so Paris Hilton IS promoting something at Cannes, and it is the film “Paris, not France”… its about HER! apparently its a documentary on who she REALLY is outside of the spotlight… sounds like a yet another Paris Hilton trainwreck to me! At least the Cavalli maxi is nice!

11. Bego May 21, 2009 at 20:16 #

OH NOOOOOO!i can’t believe this Paris Hilton thing.. thanks for the information heather. i’m shocked. but on the other hand… what could we expect from her?

12. Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 22:28 #

I think it’s nice that celebrities are wearing the same outfit twice or thrice. It shows how economical they are being.

13. Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 23:16 #

Ugh Paris Hilton has way too much going on. BEAUTIFUL dress, and the headband and bracelets are even okay… but the necklace and earrings are SO unnecessary.

14. r1ma May 22, 2009 at 05:05 #

Hmm…Carine wore those Alaia shoes to amFar last year and is wearing them again to amFar tonight.

15. Ahot May 22, 2009 at 08:07 #

Anne wintour wears an Outfit more than once, so i am not surprised carine is doing the same. they make the rules so, they can do it

16. Raquel May 22, 2009 at 10:48 #

Paris is so.. cartoonish there. It is like she is warting a costume all the time.

No desire to see Carine’s or anyone’s bra.

This Valentino dress needs a belt..

17. patti May 24, 2009 at 11:25 #

i think Carine Roitfeld wears balmain so well. because other celebs wear balmain and that often look like uniforms for them, but not Carine. it feels so much like her.

18. whitestroke May 26, 2009 at 21:38 #

Love Diane’s hair here.

I’m so over Carine, and Balmain, and Carine wearing Balmain.
    As a ‘style icon’ you’d think she’s got better taste than that.