20.05.09

2009 Cannes Film Festival – “Broken Embraces” Premiere

Penelope Cruz had food poisoning prior to this premiere, but who would believe her when she looks this great.

I must have searched through hundreds of pictures to find one of her on her own, because in nearly every photo she was held by Director Pedro Almodovar, and at times her dress became distorted and I wanted the perfect picture.

Penelope was sensational last night wearing a lilac chiffon draped strapless Marchesa Fall 2009 dress, with an embroidered bodice.

Again I’m loving the bare neck, as the bodice dazzles enough. I also love the way her hair is softly pulled back.

I fell out of love with Pen around awards season, but she’s back to her best here.

Actress Lea Seydoux walked the red carpet wearing the first Chanel gown at a premiere during Cannes Film Festival.

Her teal halter gown is from the Fall 2008 collection, which features black leather criss cross strips, and Celtic crosses.

For me the runway version works better with the 3 crosses, and the leather strips tied to the back rather than falling down the front skirt of the gown.

Denise Rich wears the yellow version of same Emilio Pucci silk halter gown which Michelle Ye wore earlier this week.

What a week for fabulous green gowns.

First Rachel Weisz, then Iman, and now Michelle Yeoh. Gorgeous.

Picking my top 5 Cannes gowns, may just have to be stretched to 10.

Michelle – imo – has never looked better than in this pleated green one-shouldered Versace gown.

Her emerald earrings are the perfect compliment to her gown.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Source & Source

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

Who Wore Atelier Versace Better? Donatella Versace or Eva Herzigova

Who Wore Atelier Versace Better? Donatella Versace or Eva Herzigova

10 Responses to 2009 Cannes Film Festival – “Broken Embraces” Premiere

1. Rogue May 20, 2009 at 02:10 #

Sorry , but that’s not the first Chanel dress of this year’s Cannes: the black gown Asia Argento wore to the Chopard event was Chanel.

2. robbie May 20, 2009 at 02:12 #

penelope WOW! this is just amazing, you would never have guessed she wasnt feeling well. the best she has looked in a long time.

lea, i agree with you about the leather strips and the crosses, mostly the crosses. but she looks good, shocked that this is the first chanel dress wore this year.

denise, i really dont like the yellow version of this dress especially since she has orange skin.

michelle, this is hot! much sexier than her nude dress, but still classy. possible best dressed of the week perhaps ;).

3. Nicole May 20, 2009 at 02:31 #

penelope and michelle look amazing!!!!
    That marchesa dress looks great on her and its not white/black which she usually wears.. the hair down is also great!!
    Green seems to be the colour right now… This ladies are rocking it..

i absolutely hate that Pucci dress. especially on that lady.. way too orange.

4. olivia May 20, 2009 at 04:30 #

Wow! I normally HATE that color, but seriously Penelope looks great! I love the dress!

5. Ling May 20, 2009 at 08:38 #

LOVE Michelle and Penelope but I sort of wish they’d had put their hair up into a neat bun or ponytail; I’ve never been a fan of Penelope’s half up half down hair, and Michelle’s hair is so curly it’s a little bit distracting.

6. Gaber May 20, 2009 at 10:05 #

So nobody has issues with Michelle’s boobs in the second picture?
    Girls, that’s not what you do to your breasts!

(I do agree that the overall look is pretty darn fab, but for crying out loud, just add an extra inch of fabric!)

Ohh and is Penelope pregnant?

7. Bego May 20, 2009 at 12:31 #

People are saying Penelope is actually pregnant… i don’t know, but apart from that, i have to say that i love the dress,it’s beautiful, but not on her, it looks… weird. i’m not convinced at all with that look.
    On the contrary Michelle Yeoh dazzles in that green gown, stunning.

8. eder May 20, 2009 at 14:01 #

The Marchesa dress is really beautiful, and Penelope wears it well, but I don´t like the hair

Lea´s dress was better on the runaway

Denise Rich dress is very beautiful, but I prefer the green version

I LOVE Michelle Yeaoh´s dress, she looks amazing!

9. Anissa May 20, 2009 at 15:58 #

Yeoh=yow!! Best dressed thus far for me. What class!!

10. whitestroke May 26, 2009 at 21:15 #

Penelope is back. Few months too late, but good to know she’s back.