19.05.09

69th Annual American Ballet Theatre Spring Gala

You may think that all the glamour headed to Cannes this week, well Iman & co., are proving that there is still a lot left in New York.

The supermodel is a veteran on the red carpet, so she knew that her emerald embroidered asymmetrical Oscar de la Renta Resort 2009 gown stands alone.

Minimalism is key with a statement dress like this one, so she wisely kept accessories to just a ring, and a clutch.

Ivanka Trump was the first of many to opt for a Carolina Herrera gown at this gala.

Her lapis blue metallic strapless gown, was from the recent Fall 2009 collection.

I would have loved to have seen her carry a pewter clutch, the black does nothing for me. The same applies to that large necklace.

Lindsay Price didn’t pick a show stopping piece like the previous two, but it needn’t have been, because her textured silk Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 teal gown, with a marigold bow detail, and cascading ruffles is so charming.

Her Lipstick Jungle co-star Kim Raver, did pick a show-stopping piece. Well it was show-stopping on the runway. On Kim, not so much.

This lapis blue and lavender gown, got lost in translation.

Her hair, make-up, and yellow gold cuff, all don’t work for me either.

Lynda Carter ages so gracefully. She was my heroine as Wonder Woman, and she still looks wonderful today wearing a Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 gown, with a fur shrug.

The lurex black and white rose print gown is accented with black organza ruffles.

Hilary Rhoda’s ivory Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 ruffled gown, had embroidered details on the waist and straps.

Belen Rueda wore it with a lot more conviction at the 2009 Goya Awards. On Hilary it’s just meh.

Since no one else is speaking up, I will say it. Coco Rocha you need to ditch the red hair. It’s starting to look very Ronald McDonald. Please return to your darker locks immediately.

Her teal off-the-shoulder Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 layered gown is exquisite, but I preferred it on the runway. Coco looks better wearing edgier pieces.

Veronica Webb’s Rachel Roy Fall 2009 champagne silk gown, just melts against her caramel skin.

I really like the asymmetrical neckline, which is balanced against the asymmetrical chiffon hemline.

We don’t need a look book to know that Rene Zellweger is wearing Carolina Herrera. Past experience, and that smoke jacquard material from the Fall 2009 collection is evidence enough.

I love the gown especially the dramatic skirt, but the posing is very editorial.

Eva La Rue is working this season’s nude trend to maximum effect.

Claire Danes opted for a Christian Louboutin silver sandals, with her silk Stella McCartney navy dress.

The swirling nature of the dress is interesting, but Claire fails to breath any life into it.

Deborah Roberts is so utterly captivating in this pink asymmetrical gown, I had to feature her.

The ruffled neckline might be a bit heavy, for some, but it’s an outstanding gown, which is event appropriate.

Mariska Hargitay’s teal and navy banded gown, looks a bit snug on her. This type of material can be unforgiving.

Kelly Ripa really lets me down here. She’s usually so colourful and vibrant. On this occasion she is so muted.

Not like her at all.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source
Chris Pratt In SAND Copenhagen - ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ New York Special Screening

Chris Pratt In SAND Copenhagen – ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ New York Special Screening

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up - Part 2

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up – Part 2

19 Responses to 69th Annual American Ballet Theatre Spring Gala

1. Elisa May 19, 2009 at 10:19 #

Once again I feel like Renee Zellweger’s hair really lets her down.

2. Gaber May 19, 2009 at 10:29 #

I want to marry Iman’s gown and then take Eric Cantona on our honeymoon! :P

Although it really does work better on the runway – the black haired model just looks so much better! But still – I’ll be shaking my fist at the sky if this doesn’t end up on the Best Dressed of the Week!

3. Fashion Critic May 19, 2009 at 10:31 #

OF COURSE. It goes without saying ;)

4. Rogue May 19, 2009 at 10:50 #

This is probably the first time I like Ivanka Trump.
    Not so sure about Iman, that shade of green is quite agressive. Jourdan wore it better.
    Hilary looks pretty, definitely not meh.
    Who would think quirky Stella could make a dress for this type of occasion? Claire is my fav among all these “Carolinas”!

5. Nik May 19, 2009 at 11:51 #

Amen to Coco Rocha ditching the red hair.

I like Claire Danes…she always wear the dress, never the other way around…and some may find that boring or off putting but I like the fact that her dresses meld into her personality

I agree with the comment above, that Iman’s coloring doesn’t look as good next to Jordan Dunn’s in that dress.

6. Bego May 19, 2009 at 12:30 #

FC you’re right about Renee Zellweger’s posing, but if we forget that the gown is just amazing. Love the colour and the shape. Deborah Roberts looked gorgeous as well.

7. Anonymous May 19, 2009 at 13:20 #

Love Love Love Renee Zellweger’s dress…the way it gathers around the side and falls is just exquisite…I wont say anything about the hair because i think she’s growing em out and wont settle for cheap extensions…so go girl!
    Iman and Ivanka look great as well…its really amazing how Iman can give any model a run for her money even at her age!

8. Ling May 19, 2009 at 15:01 #

I really like Lindsay Price’s outfit except I find that yellow ribbon a tad distracting. Hilary Rhoda looks so gorgeous in that gown, I think I prefer her than Belen Rueda. I also love Renee’s gown, but I wish she’d done a bit more with her hair and maybe worn some nice sparkly earrings.

9. carrie @ bloomacious.com May 19, 2009 at 16:08 #

so I guess I missed the reason why there is so much Carolina Herrera? Did she sponsor the event perhaps?

10. Fashion Critic May 19, 2009 at 16:14 #

Designers dressing whole events seems to be happening a lot lately.

I personally prefer a bit of variety.

11. Gaby May 19, 2009 at 17:23 #

Nothing against Coco Rocha, but her hair combined with the teal dress almost reminds me of Ariel from the Little Mermaid. I really wish she would get rid of the red hair.

12. Fashion Critic May 19, 2009 at 17:26 #

OMG you are so right.

13. Sarah May 19, 2009 at 18:15 #

I know I’m going against the majority here, but I like Coco’s hair. Not saying she should stick to it forever, but it’s nothing to get up in arms over. Also, and again imo, I like that she can do both soft and edgy looks, its why she’s so versatile.

14. Anonymous May 19, 2009 at 20:44 #

I thought the horrible pictures of Rene. The color and it falls well placed to baixo.Amei, love, Mariska Hargitay.Mariska has been defined as “full figured” but we can not forget that she is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield.Ela always, wonderful. Note the color of the woman. She is a goddess and even with a bag of trash she is beautiful.

15. robbie May 19, 2009 at 20:58 #

iman, WOW! i cant say anything else except for wow she just blows me away, i want to be her best friend.

ivanka, she ruined it with that cheap looking necklace. the dress is gorgeous though.

lindsay, that bow just ruined it, i wish she didnt have the bow on the dress, but she looks great though.

kim, the runway version is gorgeous, on kim i hate it!

lynda, i adore her she truly is a wonder woman she looks positively radiant!

hilary, i really prefer this on the runway, but hilary does look good though, just not amazing sadly.

coco, i must be one of few people who like her hair colour, but the dress nope hate that! yet another one of those dresses that look better on the runway.

veronica, plain boring!

renee, the dress is stunning, but she ruins it with the hair, her hair always seems to be the same.

eva, the dress is gorgeous, but i really am not wowed by it though.

claire, *yawn*!

deborah, DAMN! she looks fantastic, the pink looks great against her skin.

mariska, no doubt this is another carolina herrera dress, it is a little but snug she does look nice though.

kelly, only thing i like is her hair and make-up, dress not so much.

16. Anonymous May 19, 2009 at 21:14 #

I loved the dress for Iman. I do not like the clothes of Rennes Zelweger. It may be chic but was not well in atriz.Mariska Hargitay, the actress is so beautiful, like your clothes. I loved that she never necklace.
    .Noto the USA many props. I do not like the clothes but for Claire Danes Hilary Rhoda was very beautiful.

17. Anonymous May 19, 2009 at 21:58 #

I do not see only the clothes but the whole. Mariska Hagitay hands down. I am amazed with its beauty. Loved the dress, loved the necklace. She is chic.

18. Raquel May 19, 2009 at 23:04 #

Rennee nevers delivers it 100%… she is always one single step away from looking FAB, but she flounders. Case in point, the hair. Black roots, not well combed (for even the uncombed look needs a decent hair style)… Meh.

No, Ivanka, no. Leave that kind of dress to your mother, because it aged you 20 years.

Kim’s dress is stunning, but yeah, something was lost in translation. Maybe some gold chandelier earrings would have lightened her face, maybe it’s the makeup…

Veronica looks HOT. Whatta a body!

Linda, whatever you are drinking I want it too.

19. whitestroke May 26, 2009 at 20:58 #

It’d be so interesting to see Ivanka’s dress in the same version as it was on the runway. Not on Ivanka, of course, but on someone else. It’s so chic.

Lindsay’s dress looks like a knock-off of the runway version. o_O

I think Renee Zellweger looks better than ever these days. So pretty.