17.05.09

2009 Cannes Film Festival – “Don’t Look Back” Premiere & Photocall

In the kindest possible way, Monica Bellucci and Sophie Marceau need to get a room because it was almost impossible to find separate pictures of them on the red carpet.

At the Don’t Look Back (Ne Te Retourne Pas) premiere during Cannes, Monica Bellucci oozed megawatt sex appeal, whilst showing off her sexy curves in an off-the-shoulder Christian Dior silk gown with a matching Dior clutch.

Her décolletage was decorated with an exquisite necklace.

Red carpet glamour doesn’t get any hotter than this.

Sophie Marceau also wore red.

Normally this would maybe considered this a fashion faux pa, but these woman are so close I assume this dual red strapless look was planned.

The one-time Bond girl wore a YSL Editor Soir strapless column dress, with matching heels.

A gorgeous necklace also completed her look.

Sophie’s look was more casual at the photocall earlier in the day, when she wore a strapless lurex Missoni Spring 2009 silver jumpsuit.

The jumpsuit was paired with a gold obi-style belt and grey t-bar heels.

Monica opted for a all black ensemble for the photocall, adding some on trend nude Christian Louboutin d’Orsay heels.

I make this event a tie. Monica wins at the premiere, and Sophie wins at the photocall.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source

Zooey Deschanel's Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Zooey Deschanel’s Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up

2009 Cannes Film Festival Catch Up

7 Responses to 2009 Cannes Film Festival – “Don’t Look Back” Premiere & Photocall

1. Anonymous May 17, 2009 at 17:59 #

Sophie is very famous in france. everybody like her for her look. I think she looks beautiful. I like the “red” of her dress.
    And like always Monica is just gorgeous!!!

2. David May 17, 2009 at 18:18 #

When I look at Monica I’m not sure is it Cannes 2001, or Cannes 2006, or Cannes 2009… Always those plain Dior dresses in black or red, the safest heels she can find and a dark eye/nude lip combo… People may think she’s sexy, but she’s certainly not interested in fashion. I’m not saying she should wear Christopher Kane, but she could shake it up a bit. Perhaps a high-slit gown, or some riskier shoes… I’m sure everyone noticed how uninventive she is.

3. robbie May 17, 2009 at 18:19 #

monica, i love the dress but the clutch is just grabbing my attention. stunning.

sophie, hmmm i like the shade of red but im not liking the dress, it is rather plain.
    ___________

sophie, i love the jumpsuit, its gorgeous. it really looks fantastic on her.

monica, so boring looking, its summer and she is wearing black. plus im not into the nude loubies.

4. Anonymous May 17, 2009 at 18:51 #

Monica looks great as usual, but Sophie looks stunning :)
    I found some photos of Sophie alone:

Lexa

5. Bego May 17, 2009 at 18:53 #

I think Monica looks fabulous and she knows it.
    I know this has nothing to do with this post but could you post Alejandro Amenabar’s “Agora” photocall at Cannes? I think Rachel Weisz looked wonderful in that green dress…
    Just if you want to, i understand if you don’t!

6. Kelly May 17, 2009 at 22:33 #

Monica Bellucci is perfection. She never seems to age, and is always classy. I hope she shows up on Best Dressed of the Week.

7. Raquel May 18, 2009 at 01:09 #

I love the Missoni jumpsuit. So sexy and classy at the same time.

I agree with David that Monica’s look is always the same, but she looks fab anyay.